Lesson Sale Prices

I realize that this probably outside of @Estarra 's control but I want to talk about the Lesson sale prices.

for 80USD you can get 2000 lessons (4cents per). This turns out to be about a 30% sale if you got credits and converted them.

Now, my issue is that $80 for transing one skill, plus about 17% into another skill, seems a bit much. I feel like this lesson sale isn't enough of a sale to really make it worth while.

I feel like that if it was like 2 cents per (40$ for 2K lessons, twice the price of the no-brainer package), it would be better. (or in my ideal world, 20$ for 2K lessons...)

Or perhaps I'm just crazy and bad at put value on things and these prices aren't as bad as they look...

Comments

• I got really excited over this but it turns into over $100 AU for me to get 2000 lessons. While it is a discount, one extra skill transcended is not worth $115. Not to me anyway.

• You're right it's outside of my control!
  • edited February 2016
    Estarra said:
    You're right it's outside of my control!
    Wow, really? So is it all up to the IRE higher ups then? That sounds kind of... Lame ._.

I guess people are buying it if they're able to keep up that kind of business model then.

• It's $80 USD now? Wasn't it like... $59 or $69 once upon a time? Guess that changed.
  • Stole that gif @Estarra
  • Nienla said:
    It's $80 USD now? Wasn't it like... $59 or $69 once upon a time? Guess that changed.
    For funsies I checked my email, and in 2014 when I bought them, 2k lessons was $60
  • Acrune said:
    Nienla said:
    It's $80 USD now? Wasn't it like... $59 or $69 once upon a time? Guess that changed.
    For funsies I checked my email, and in 2014 when I bought them, 2k lessons was $60
    Checking my own old emails. Back in 2010, it was also $60 for 2K lessons.
  • I could buy the 200 credit package for $70 and also get two wondercrystals. Quite possible to still sell those at 100 credits so that's 400 credits and therefore 2400 lessons.

There is literally no reason to get the lesson package if you can sell your crystals for at least 65 credits each.

• Plus you pump in 2 wondercrystals into the game economy, and with wonderbelt going in, anyone who wants to PK would want one.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Feel free to use my sig gif! IRE made a little animated intro for Lusternia to use on videos (yeah, been awhile since I did a video) and I thought it was cool and made it into a little gif.

Honestly, I don't believe the direct-sale lesson are priced any differently from the last time they were put up for sale. (But it's been so long since they've done it, I don't really remember but I'd be surprised if they increased the price.) Anyway, they are the same across all IRE games.