Overhaul Afflictions

Just a simple question, I hope. Is HELP 50.4 an actual thing or not? How do afflictions work now? AFFS LIST has definitely cut down on what affs used to be.

But I'm struggling to understand what has and what has not actually changed with the overhaul. Help?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    AFFS LIST is the complete list of overhaul affs. They are grouped by which one of the four cures they are on They cure on one of those four balances, at random (with the exception of aeon which always cures first, and powerspike which always cures last of the aurics). This works just like using a cure balance does now - you smoke the thing, cure a random thing off the list (Assuming you have a valid aff), and use up that cure's balance. 

There are still afflictions that reside outside of the overhaul system. These include all of the cleanse cures and many of the special/one-guild afflictions like succumb. 
  • So it's basically old-afflictions, just less of them, and only four distinct cures?

The 1/5 aff-level thing isn't happening?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • That's right; that bit was dropped a fair time ago. Other things still work on levels (such as woulds, regen, etc), but affs are either on or off.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2016
    Correct, mostly. It's worth noting that there used to be an element of curing choice tactics within balances that is gone now. In other words, if you had slickness and a broken jaw you could choose between those by either using calamus or arnica on that herb balance. You could  semi-prioritize important afflictions. Now you just use the balance and cure something random or don't use the balance and cure nothing. 

The level system could have worked, but it was a massive headache and the changes that would have made it workable weren't on the table.