Simple questions?

Comments

• There were two syzygys, and iirc both times @Celina was an astrologer and ANNIHILATED EVERYONE IN THE BASIN
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Does anyone have the descriptions of Frai and Karagash? I didn't see them in the descriptions thread.

• Karagash (as god)
    In spite of a rather impressive size, the Iron God carries Himself with the languid, self-assured preciseness of an experienced warrior who fears no challenge to His domain. Ashen skin covers a body of pure muscle: a rope-veined neck, stalwart arms and a chest tattooed in iron mandalas and battle scars alike, with immense thighs and calves to hold such a figure aloft. His wide-set jaw is partly shaved clean, making space for more tattoos, while the hair that traces over pointed ears to a large skull is woven back to fall along His nape in multiple rows. Beady black eyes narrow in contempt, barely seen beneath the pronounced, hairless brow that juts above a hooked nose and thin yet sensuous lips. His armour consists merely of two large iron pauldron and simple bracers, beyond that His chest is exposed save  for two crisscrossed, black leather straps that hold weapons upon His mountainous back. Waist and stomach are “protected” by a monolithic leather belt which gathers the interlocking panels of a black leather armour skirt enhanced by iron rivets that meander downward in utilitarian rows. A cloying scent saturates His surroundings, reminiscent all at once of blood, ash, and the mayhem of destruction.  

No idea about Frai, she was so hooded who knows what was going on there.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Thanks, @Drocilla!

• edited February 2016
    Twytch said:
    Has there ever been an actual syzygy in Lusternian history?
    Yes, one that I recall. The next is in like a bajillion years or something. Astro users were afflicting at absurd levels I think I remember during the brief timeframe.

http://www.lusternia.com/the-genesis-of-the-wounded-sky
  • Syzygys happen every thirty years. Read Astrology Ephemeris.
  • I, and I believe Twytch, is talking about a complete syzygy, which is certainly not every 30 years.
  • edited February 2016
    Almost-syzygys of 5-7 celestial bodies are actually quite common (a 5-body syzygy on Skull happened a couple of weeks ago, for example). I'm wondering about the full 7-body syzygys, and it does look like it happened during the Wounded Sky opening event.
    See you in Sapience.
  • I wrote a program to check for those syzygys, and I think I concluded that they happen every 30 years... I'll see if I can find it again.
  • edited February 2016
    Managed to find it again; could someone confirm it for me? It gives several seven-planet syzygys, but among them are:

Year 419 Month 12 Day 23 Hour 4 - Hour 15
    Year 449 Month 12 Day 23 Hour 4 - Hour 15

All of them seem to happen in the Skull sign too.
  • edited February 2016
    Never mind! I found what I was looking for!
  • Frai:
    She is a radiant immortal and is wreathed in shadows that caress Her form as
    lovingly as the fingers of the dawn greet the world. The form of the Hooded One
    is at once overwhelmingly imposing and wholly forgettable. She even hovers above
    the ground in such a way as to cloak her height. She is wearing writhing
    tendrils of shadow that twist into a nebulous robe.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited February 2016
    Can anyone explain in real terms (with numbers, if possible) what the charm of clangoru actually does now under the overhauled system?

That is:
    - What does "decreases the effect of alcohol upon the system" actually mean?
    - What is the "effect of alcohol withdrawal?"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2016
    Alcohol has a hidden counter behind the scenes (like burns and allergies) that is increased by drinking booze. Different sources of drunkenness raise your booze counter by different levels, and your booze counters go away slowly over time.

Being more tolerant of booze decreases the effect of alcohol but not the number of booze counters you have. You still are just as drunk (have the same number of booze counters), but the number of booze counters you need for each successive level of impairment are increased. The artifact works the same way (afaik), making you require a higher number of booze counters for each level of effect, stacking with tolerance. All of the alcohol buffs are based on the number of booze counters, not the level of impairment. Thus, higher tolerance allows you to have a higher buff (more counters) with less impairment. 

If you're very tolerant of alcohol and fail to drink enough alcohol for a period of time you start to take maluses. The artifact removes this. You can be a drop dead alcoholic and stop cold turkey and be fine with the artifact. Not so without. 
  • Ixion said:
    Can anyone explain in real terms (with numbers, if possible) what the charm of clangoru actually does now under the overhauled system?

That is:
    - What does "decreases the effect of alcohol upon the system" actually mean?
    - What is the "effect of alcohol withdrawal?"

Alcohol withdrawl is a -5/-10 to all vitals. (It is actually a scaling thing the more tolance you have, but at the max, I believe it is a -5/-10, not sure if it goes higher.)
  • Do Kata modifiers work during bashing? For example, if I have a bashing form with the Smash modifier, will I be doing more damage to the mob? Or does that only work for PVP?

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Havastus there's three modifiers that work, the rest doesn't. I think it was speed, smash and hard. The rest has no effect. I'm pretty sure of speed and hard, am not only partially sure of smash.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • @Aeldra Excellent! Thank you!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tam classflexing is still just every 75 hours, right? For some reason I recall reading it was changed to 24 hours, but can't locate the source.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Being a Healer, I'm guilty of not paying proper attention to any announcements regarding this, but are curatives like choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic and liniment still used, or has everything switched over to the new cures now?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Anyone know what happened/where to find that old picture comparing the sizes of the various races? I remember seeing it years and years ago when I was still playing Achaea and snooping. It was super useful. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here

Vivet said:
    Tam classflexing is still just every 75 hours, right? For some reason I recall reading it was changed to 24 hours, but can't locate the source.

It's still 75 hours, or I'm bugged

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Synkarin said:

Vivet said:

Thought so. Thanks!

• What's the best thing to sink lessons/credits into to improve bashing after guild skills and resilience are trans? Do skills matter so much any more, or is it mostly artifacts? I'm at trans in knighthood/necromancy/resilience, and have some lessons and credits to spend.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Damage whip. Rune of absorption
  • edited February 2016
    Beastmastery for added damage, beast heal/cure, and guarding! Edit: I think Rune of Absorption only protects against physical damage, but beast guard has a chance to proc against any sort of damage (exceptions include smobs and guards, I think?). Beastmastery is a very good investment overall: you get this for PvP, bashing, and influencing.
    See you in Sapience.

• Mrak said:
    What's the best thing to sink lessons/credits into to improve bashing after guild skills and resilience are trans? Do skills matter so much any more, or is it mostly artifacts? I'm at trans in knighthood/necromancy/resilience, and have some lessons and credits to spend.
    Damage shift is also worth looking at. Though it doesn't come into play until you start regularly critting. If the credits are unbound your focus on hunting is to level, you may consider picking up some of the buffs which help with hunting. There are xp buffs and general consumables which can help with hunting.
  • Vivet said:
    Synkarin said:

Vivet said:

Thought so. Thanks!

Doctoral Tam of the Anomaly: 2000 credits 
    -Allows for free skillflexing (see Doctoral Cord above). 
    -Allows for free classflexing.  
    -Can classflex every 75 rl hours (rather than 300 hours).  
    -Raises skillflex limit to 300 lessons per Lusternian 

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Rancoura said:
    Being a Healer, I'm guilty of not paying proper attention to any announcements regarding this, but are curatives like choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic and liniment still used, or has everything switched over to the new cures now?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Rancoura said:

choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic, and liniment are all still used. Although by very rarely and I don't think any of the affs happen outside of PvP. I have them as curing the following: Choleric still cures lovepotion, Melancholic still cures shortbreath and puncturedlung (and blacklung if this didn't get rolled into asthma yet...),  Plhlegmatic  still cures void, and liniment still cures burnlevel. All the monk affs still use their old cures too (mending, regeneration, and a few herbs)