Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• All I did for the first Knowledge challenge was read the histories on the website and all the events posts a couple times through.
  • Hallen said:
    All I did for the first Knowledge challenge was read the histories on the website and all the events posts a couple times through.
    OMG it's @Hallen!!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Arimisia said:
    Hallen said:
    All I did for the first Knowledge challenge was read the histories on the website and all the events posts a couple times through.
    OMG it's @Hallen!!
    Hi, @Arimisia!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Meh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Alik said:
    [Narynthlove]

You forgot a synonym along the lines of "ambrosial."

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited February 2016
    Rancoura said:
    Alik said:
    [Narynthlove]

You forgot a synonym along the lines of "ambrosial."

Will I get made fun of if I admit I had to look that up?

• Raves to @Aeldra and @Ymuli for the awesome RP and putting up with a slightly confused and scatterbrained Aerdureth. Though now that she has wings, she'll probably get lost even more often...or misplace things at locations which she couldn't reach before. Or endlessly sing about the sky...though that might die down after a bit maybe.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Aerdureth That was a fun bit to do, aside from the 'woah what did you do' part I got here and there. :-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2016
    Synkarin said:
    Steingrim said:
    Silvanus said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2543
    Date: 2/4/2016 at 0:41
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Villages

When a village revolts it becomes an open PK zone. It was possible to
    create a meld stretching from outside the village on both sides. This
    made the meld unbreakable without going into the PK restricted zone and
    opening yourself up to avengering. I've made that no longer be possible:
    your melds can no longer cross over the boundary of a liberated village
    and outside a liberated village.

Holy shit. I figured this was a feature and not a bug. Amazing change.
    This may be the easy fix, but I don't think it is the best fix. Would it be possible instead to just make it that if any part of a meld is in enemy territory it can be broken without declaring? Why? Because it happens elsewhere besides villages.

If someone is melding in enemy territory and then sticking break points in non-enemy territory - you should be able to hit them in enemy territory giving you the auto-declare to then break for free. So I'm not sure that's an issue. Strategic breakpoints is all part of the strategy.
    Then why isn't it the strategy in villages? Roark's posted rational was: "This made the meld unbreakable without going into the PK restricted zone and opening yourself up to avengering." I'm just saying it happens outside of villages as well.

Another option would be to just give the breaker the free autodeclare not only for hitting but for trying to break the meld at any point.
  • Raves @Hothane for being cool to RP with and asking questions.
    And to all the other glom newbies that have shown up.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Fingerblade is the best orgbix, but I'm biased.
  • Got to play around with a pseudo-syzygy in Skull (recklessness, stupidity, sensitivity, aeon). Managed well enough for our group of 4 against 6? northerners.  :D
    See you in Sapience.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I loved those days. I'd grab a person or two and go wreck Seren for an hour. 

Then Astrology went back to its normal suckage.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    So many amazing little Shadowdancers lately. @Averice @Radkarn @Sikris @Ulalah you are all absolutely fabulous and are making Lusternia such a joy for me right now. All the raves for you. All of them. 

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    So many amazing little Shadowdancers lately. @Averice @Radkarn @Sikris @Ulalah you are all absolutely fabulous and are making Lusternia such a joy for me right now. All the raves for you. All of them. 
    I second this!
  • Trill are allowed to have hair.
  • They were not allowed to have hair back then when there were not any viscanti, humans, or illithoid to dilute their bloodlines.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Does the Aerochem tutor still have hair?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • The aerochem tutor would be allowed to have hair.
This discussion has been closed.