Loralaria Combat

• What will be my best offense?
  • Are my abilities good for hindering?
  • What will be my main way of assisting?

My tert is Tarot, if it matters.
Your numbers today are:

Comments

• Bards all function very similarly, despite having different mechanics/song effects. In groups you want to use a lot of blanknote/blankchord, perfectfifth, hangedman, aeon, lust/empress, scissorflip, etc. It's also really useful to have a song timer so you know when you need to refrain, because keeping your music effects up is important. If you're holding down a specific area, octave, auric afflictions and icewalls can still be good, but when you're moving around a lot they're hardly worthwhile.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    in groups - use Skysforzando, a lot

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • What powers should be in what verses?
    Your numbers today are:
  • edited February 2016

Kilee said:
    • What will be my best offense?
    • Are my abilities good for hindering?
    • What will be my main way of assisting?

My tert is Tarot, if it matters.
    Good questions all around. Your best offense will be going for manabarbs, all of the egovices and discordant chord. You stick those, and then majorsixth until you hope they drop, or you hinder with aeon, hangedman, and deathsong. Your main way of assisting, as Synk said about will be in groups imbuing Sky Svorzando. This happens and only works when lust is on the opponent, and it's twice as better if they are prone.
  • Disclaimer: I am not a good combatant.

Random things I've learned:
    If you are facing enemy bards, it is likely that they will attempt to fugue your song forward, in the hopes that you're refraining your last stanza, because that will end your song. Therefore it's usually advisable to try to keep your song on an earlier stanza.
    It is possible, and sometimes useful, to swap song powers around on the fly.
  • Disclaimer: I am not a good combatant.

Random things I've learned:
    If you are facing enemy bards, it is likely that they will attempt to fugue your song forward, in the hopes that you're refraining your last stanza, because that will end your song. Therefore it's usually advisable to try to keep your song on an earlier stanza.
    It is possible, and sometimes useful, to swap song powers around on the fly.
    It is actually apart of my strategy to swap song powers in my stanzas, and reset them during combat. So good addition!