Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

edited April 2016 in Mafia Hideout
"So what you're telling me that every belief is true, and that this convergence is the clash of those beliefs?"

"You make it sound more noble than it is. What we've got here is essentially politics."

"Either way, why are we interested in observing this phenomena? I mean, yeah okay, all monsters and gods are real and they do stuff. But even so what they do hasn't been relevant for the rest of us for ages. We live in an enlightened society, where we no longer need to bow knee to the gods, or fear the monsters that lurk in the night."

"Every belief is true, and every religion is false. You know how that work? Because belief is personal, while religion is determined by groups. There's no such thing as a collective truth. Oh sure, the monsters and gods we see here, they may claim allegiance to whatever cause that public opinion deems worthy or good at the moment, but you can bet your soul that several of them have their own motivations for being here."

"That still doesn't explain why we're here."

"Well, I could spin some spiel about the importance of knowing who wins this struggle. I could tell you about the importance of studying motivations. Of knowing what kind of god or monster that'll next enter the mind of the public, and gain power from that popularity. But in all honestly, the primary reason we're here is because it's the best realityshow you're ever gonna watch."

"... what?"

"Popcorn?"

Elegant and finely crafted rules for your enjoyment.

1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Kiradawea)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. The game will not end as soon as someone has reached a victory condition. Instead, the game will continue until everyone has either won or lost.
12. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 48 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.

---

Role list:

Chaos team:

Anubis: Serial Killer : Ieptix

Ratatoskr: Trickster : Vivet

Scum:
Morgan le Fay: Mafia : Aerdureth
Arachne: Mafia : Lavinya
Dullahan: Mafia : Falmiis

Town:
Medusa: Executioner : Marcella
Idunn: Lynch Immune : Yavina
Nemesis: Bomb : Krackenor
Ereshkigal: Medium Tekora
Archangel Michael: Vigilante : Dylara
Archangel Gabriel: Oracle : Ssaliss
Archangel Raphael: Doctor : Shaddus

Neutral third party:

The white fox of Inari: Vindicator : Luce
Danzaburou-danuki: Vindicator : Silvanus

Kerberos: Lyncher : Othero
Buddha: Zen Survivor : Synkarin
Chang'e: Outlaster : Ellowyn
---

End game players:
2. Celina (Town Executioner)
4. Ieptix (Serial Killer)
7. Silvanus (Lyncher/Survivor)
10. Vivet (Trickster)

Players eliminated:
1. Shaddus (Killed night 1. Town doctor.)
8. Luce (Killed night 1. Lyncher)
15. Synkarin (Lynched day 2. Zen Survivor. Lie-detector)
17. Tekora (Killed night 2. Town medium)
5. Falmiis (Lynched day 3. Scum dayvig)
13. Lavinya (Killed night 3. Role janitor'd)
16. Aerdureth (Lynched day 4. Mafia boss)
3. Ellowyn (Killed night 4. Outlaster)
9. Krackenor (Lynched Day 5. Role janitor'd)
11. Othero. (Bombed day 5. lynch-based semi-serial-killer)
12. Dylara. (Lynched day 6. Vigilante)
6. Yavina (Killed Night 6. Unlynchable)
14. Ssaliss. (Lynched day 7. Oracle)

It is now Day one. With 17 alive, it's 9 to lynch. All roles should be out. Let me know if you didn't get your role.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Checking in.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How's it going.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Hello everybody! How are we doing today?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Oh the game has started! Hello. I promise I am not a pagan this time.
  • Hard to not be a pagan when errythin' be all gods n' monsters.
  • True enough. Although...are you technically a pagan if you are what the pagan worships?
  • "Hello!" Waves about excitedly.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Greetings

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yavina said:
    "Hello!" Waves about excitedly.
    You're very enthusiastic! Almost...suspiciously enthusiastic... :-w
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So, we've been told it's going to be like a reality show. Presumably from some observers? I want to know if there will be contests and stuff.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Silvanus is being nice, seems shady. I'm here and stuff.

• No contests. But rather, things may happen when certain players are eliminated, and new information may be revealed as things devolve into more and more chaos. The important things to note is that this game is very much not serious. Rather than try to go for an epic plot, I'm going for as much silliness as I can try to fit in. So remember to laugh, smile, and don't ever trust the game master. :-B

(Well actually no. If you do catch me in a lie, feel free to call me out. I may do many things, and hide information, but everything that is written in your role and that I tell you should be true.)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm here. I did ask a question, but I'm here

• Sup.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • "If enthusiasm makes me suspicious than I'm definitely up to something! And that something is to have fun!" Chuckles softly, smiling and clearly happy.
  • Yep, I'm here too.
  • Hey, I made it. I'm here. Time for mafia. Please don't kill me on night 1 this time.
  • How about Day 1 instead?  ;))
  • So about those heathens, how about them eh?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Hello, everyone! This is my first time playing Mafia on a forum (I often Mafia/Werewolf RL though). So I hope that I got all the mechanics right.
  • My first time on a forum too!  Nervous but excited.  Hi all :)
  • If you have any questions at all, about the game in general or about your role specifically, feel free to ask me.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So anyway, what's everyone up to today? I don't know that the usual delay tactics will be all that helpful this time around, since I feel like we probably have non-standard win conditions; the opening post says so.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kiradawea said:
    If you have any questions at all, about the game in general or about your role specifically, feel free to ask me.

when you say "Smite someone who you think isn't holy", do I actually have to have a reason why I don't think they're on the up and up?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Day one is always difficult, there's the old arguments over whether day one no lynch is a scum tactic or a townie tactic but I think those arguments tend to be more of a distraction than useful, especially in a game where there is no clear cut lines and we know there will be surprises and so forth.

At the risk of being labelled scum for 'rushing to night', Vote no one

• oh, is that a thing you can do? i usually don't vote day 1 either

Vote Nobody
  • Hmm...this is my first game. And you decision seems to be sensible. So I shall do the same.

Vote nobody
  • I know nothing. And so I 

Vote Noboody
  • Can we vote for @Sylandra if we want to vote for nobody? Because I'm still salty after the last game. Last time I ever trust a Trill.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ieptix said:
    Can we vote for @Sylandra if we want to vote for nobody? Because I'm still salty after the last game. Last time I ever trust a Trill.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."