Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• That seems a bit biased, is it the wings?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Shaddus said:
    Kiradawea said:
    If you have any questions at all, about the game in general or about your role specifically, feel free to ask me.

when you say "Smite someone who you think isn't holy", do I actually have to have a reason why I don't think they're on the up and up?
    Smite first, question later is an entirely valid strategy.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • "Might as well join in! What's the harm after all!"

Vote nobody.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well. I have mixed feelings on this - I'd rather try to learn more, but I really got no idea how to get the ball rolling for now.

Vote: Nobody

• I never like no lynching but it seems to be an inevitability here :(
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am ok with almost any result. We all know we are not going to lynch anyone.

Day 1s are all kind of messed up anyways.

So I'll do the only thing I know that won't make anyone bitter and is the safe play

Vote: Lavinya

<3
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • While I'm not 100% sure about the motives of people who vote on the first day, either for someone or for nobody, I can definitely see it sucking for the person who gets voted out on that first day. 

They barely get to partake, besides I feel it is far too easy to attack a true believer on the first day, the non-believers very likely know who they are.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Why are you all always so damned committed to throwing away Day 1? Hopping on Silvanus' bandwagon because NO LYNCH = BAD.

• Tekora said:
    Why are you all always so damned committed to throwing away Day 1? Hopping on Silvanus' bandwagon because NO LYNCH = BAD.

This is logic I can agree to.

I do not agree to this logic!

But I can't flip flop.

Damn .bandwagoners
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Silvanus said:
    I am ok with almost any result. We all know we are not going to lynch anyone.

Day 1s are all kind of messed up anyways.

So I'll do the only thing I know that won't make anyone bitter and is the safe play

<3
    Your e-butt can totally sleep on the e-couch tonight.  [-(

Also I tend to think a no vote is safer than an uncalculated blind lynch. I've seen way too many games where key roles like investigators or blockers get taken out, and it's entirely preventable. So I usually find that the scum are more pro day 1 lynch than the town. Not saying it's the rule, and I am so not wanting an argument over facts and voting patterns and statistics and nonsense. But I usually believe the risk is rarely, if ever, worth it.

• While I agree with Lavinya, I rarely vote on day one in either direction (at least not right away). Whether or not day one leads to a lynch, if there's discussion happening, there's still information to be gathered from it.
  • This could go on forever.

Vote: Nobody
  • Just as a headsup, unless my count is wrong we have seven votes for no one, which means we're only two away from ending the day.
  • I agree with Dylara and Lavinya. I would feel sorry for the person who does not get a chance to participate. And in this case, your attacks are concentrating on a person who holds the same opinion. So why kill somebody who is peaceful?
  • I'm not arguing for killing anyone. I'm arguing for keeping day one going so we can see what kind of chatter happening. Information is key here, and not only the kind of information our powers may (or may not) give us. How we phrase things, how we vote, when we vote, etc. can all lead to something further down the line. By ending the day early, we don't get that information.
  • Yes, the more we let people talk, the more we learn about them. It might also save us from judging rashly and killing a person who might be innocent.
  • Well, if you think so, then why are you voting to end the day early? I mean, that will, after all, stop people from talking, it'll go into night, and the Mafia (likely monsters in this case) will kill someone. Yes, they likely will no matter what we do or say today, but it will stop us from chattering day one.
  • Well, since this is my first time playing mafia on a forum, I thought that everyone would do it that way and mimicked those who posted before me. As for the subject of my vote, I have explained my reasons above.
  • Except, at least to me, your vote and your arguments don't really match eachother. On one hand, you say that you want people to keep talking. You vote, however, for ending the day right away. I realise that this is your first mafia game, and I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but to me it just doesn't add up.
  • The talking argument just occurred to me after you posted it. While I am against using lynching on the first day, I did not realise back then that my action would have the side-effect of ending the day early, thus making the possibility of lynching more likely because it would allow people less time to talk to each other. But since not all votes have been cast yet, we still might have time for that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    vote:nobody
    until we get more information. Tekora was awful quick to jump on that bandwagon, wasn't she?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Aerdureth said:
    The talking argument just occurred to me after you posted it. While I am against using lynching on the first day, I did not realise back then that my action would have the side-effect of ending the day early, thus making the possibility of lynching more likely because it would allow people less time to talk to each other. But since not all votes have been cast yet, we still might have time for that.

You can unvote (in bold) to undo a vote you've cast
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ah, thank you very much! I will keep this in mind for the next day.
    Unvote

Vote: Tekora

Now that I have slept it off, I do not agree with the logic that voting no lynch is stupid. I disagreed with the logic the previous game, and the person lynched wouldn't have been scum anyways, and I disagree with the logic in this non-typical game, where Kira has said things are different.

If Tekora is so hell bent on lynching someone Day 1, she can offer to lynch herself, or vote nobody and shut up with your mafia strategies.

• I am for voting for no one but I think I want to see a response from Tekora first.
    Silvanus said:
    Unvote

Vote: Tekora

Now that I have slept it off on the couch, I do not agree with the logic that voting no lynch is stupid. I disagreed with the logic the previous game, and the person lynched wouldn't have been scum anyways, and I disagree with the logic in this non-typical game, where Kira has said things are different.

If Tekora is so hell bent on lynching someone Day 1, she can offer to lynch herself, or vote nobody and shut up with your mafia strategies.

Fixed. Ha. I also found it very interesting that Tekora would leap onto vote the first name brought up. Especially when the reason given is that a no lynch day 1 is bad - why not utilise the facts and voting patterns to determine who on that 'bandwagon' is scum? If the reasoning is that lynching any random person day 1 somehow helps the town I still don't get it. Going on a good hunch maybe, but random is just as likely to take out a key role.

• in my experience, usually there's a lot more town than mafia in these games role-wise

so lynching randomly on day-1 almost always nails a townie
  • @Silvanus and @Lavinya: Oh yes, because your own strategies worked out so well for the Town last time.  ;))

Also, in the interest of giving the Town a bit of insight to what's actually going on, lynching me out of spite to shut me up won't work this time.