Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Eeeenteresting. Coming to a TarxUI near you, mobhealth!
  • Mob...health?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    It's been there for a while. One thing I dislike about it is you can check on mobs without even being anywhere near them.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Does it work for Manifestations of the Dreaming?
    IRE.Target.Info
    • Sends an array with the current target information.
    • Example: IRE.Target.Info { "id": "1101", "short_desc": "a brawny goblin smith", "hpperc": "100%" }
  • I swear I've tried that using that before but it always says 100%.
  • Is there a list of what which stoles look like? I don't know if Morgfyre offers refunds if I'm not satisfied with the one I bought.
  • Shaddus said:
    You know things are bad in New Celest when Faragan leaves.
    I think it has more to do with inactivity and an apparent unwillingness to uphold in-game laws. The first one is spot-on, the second is a bit more grey.

At any rate, logging in today and reading the city logs, I was shocked.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Blaeke said:
    Is there a list of what which stoles look like? I don't know if Morgfyre offers refunds if I'm not satisfied with the one I bought.
    I can tell you what each of them look like. I have two I can show you, I think @Ixion also has two? Which are possibly different to mine.(I have an acolyte and a shapeshifter)

• Lavinya said:
    Blaeke said:
    Is there a list of what which stoles look like? I don't know if Morgfyre offers refunds if I'm not satisfied with the one I bought.
    I can tell you what each of them look like. I have two I can show you, I think @Ixion also has two? Which are possibly different to mine.(I have an acolyte and a shapeshifter)
    Alaksanteri showed me the shapeshifter [oily], and I know Rolsand has the cadaverous gentleman. The other two (and which shortname they are, if you can) would be really helpful, and that fifth.
  • Shaddus said:
    Wow... He was there what something like 9 years.. Damn that is bad. Would have loved to rejoin him, but yeah that wasn't going to happen.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
    Blaeke said:
    Lavinya said:
    Blaeke said:
    Alaksanteri showed me the shapeshifter [oily], and I know Rolsand has the cadaverous gentleman. The other two (and which shortname they are, if you can) would be really helpful, and that fifth.
    a viridescent stole of the Ouroborian Truths: a hooded Acolyte of the Ouroboros
    a tattered stole of rotting sable silk: Looks like the revenants in the realm
    a serpentine stole inlaid with glittering scales: looks like a hydra
    a corpse-grey stole with emerald filigree: Cadaverous Gentleman
    a shifting stole of oily hues : Shapeshifter (Morgfyre war shrine invasion mobs)

After some mucking about with IRE.Target, it seems if you set your target to the same thing again after attacking it, the HP percent is updated. Excellent.
  • @Lavinya

Oooh, there's one that looks like a hydra! You just made my choice really easy (though I hope I'll be able to buy a hydra later for gold)!
    Blaeke said:
    @Lavinya

Oooh, there's one that looks like a hydra! You just made my choice really easy (though I hope I'll be able to buy a hydra later for gold)!
    You can buy one when you progress high enough in the order, though it costs dingbats.

• Does anyone have a list of manteekans orders stoles?
    It looks like I could buy three of them, potentially.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Shaddus said:
    why are things bad
  • Chirbo said:
    why are things bad
    Eldanien returned.  There goes the neighborhood.

I joke.  I hope.  I get like five different stories about what's going on.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:
    Does anyone have a list of manteekans orders stoles?
    It looks like I could buy three of them, potentially.

probably not a good idea unless you're in the order
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I feel like we would benefit from having a list of stoles of the different gods somewhere, possibly? I've struggled with stole selection myself a few days ago.

Also, @Faragan left Celest? D:
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I gave in and contested for GC so somebody can actually raise ironbark when we need it.

Hoping one of the few newer players we have will step up and contest as well, didn't really want to take any elected positions again. D:
  • Lehki said:
    I gave in and contested for GC so somebody can actually raise ironbark when we need it.

Hoping one of the few newer players we have will step up and contest as well, didn't really want to take any elected positions again. D:
    Hm? Security can raise Ironbark. I do it all the time. Don't need to be champ to do it. Unless you mean that you're going GC so you can appoint Protector and then have the GM appoint Sec.
  • Nienla said:
    Lehki said:
    I gave in and contested for GC so somebody can actually raise ironbark when we need it.

Hm? Security can raise Ironbark. I do it all the time. Don't need to be champ to do it. Unless you mean that you're going GC so you can appoint Protector and then have the GM appoint Sec.
    Yeah we only have 1 activate person that can raise Ironbark currently. Need to appoint more security and I've never even seen our GC since I started playing again.
  • edited February 2016
    Lehki said:
    Nienla said:
    Lehki said:

Yeah we only have 1 activate person that can raise Ironbark currently. Need to appoint more security and I've never even seen our GC since I started playing again.
    Honestly, given what happened, I think this should be pleaded as a case as to why Elders are a poor form of conflict. It really makes little sense that communes have the largest amount of ground to cover and secure and yet we're the ones without the security equivalent to statues. The amount of entrances that both communes have, coupled with the amount of rooms, etc. makes elders/totems not very fun to have to consistently maintain and watch out for. Ironbark doesn't really make cities and communes equal because we lose the power generated by totems but we don't get the 'totems proc everywhere regardless of bond' bit that statues have.
  • I think the majority of players agree that Elders don't make much sense as a conflict mechanic. I mean, there's not much conflict in going into a forest and swinging an axe a couple of times.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Bonus perk: It's now impossible for cities to meld communes when druidry saplings are up with ironbark! 

I think ironbark is used too liberally. Save it for those times when people like Arcanis are going ham for reasons. 
  • Problem is, of course, that people who can raise ironbark are rarely around when people like Arcanis are chopping down Elders.
  • Once I can raise ironbark myself it's gonna be pretty easy to check when reversions are happening and just, put up ironbark until I know I or somebody else can take care of them.

Honestly I'm just a few lines of code off from automatically tracking and carving all totems already. Scripting to make up an ironbark schedule would be pretty simple too.

I'm all for reworking or just dumping the elder conflict.
This discussion has been closed.