Justice Challenge

LavinyaLavinya Queen of SnarkAustralia
So we know for Justice there was a bunch of defenses that were not allowed to be utilised (eg penumbra). However, given the overhaul and how drastically many of the old buffs have been changed, it would be great if this list could be looked over and clarified once more. With no charisma buffs there is no true master race anymore, and buffs to ego/ego regen have minimal impact, where additional charisma stat points were very noticeable.

tl;dr could an admin please clarify if there will be any changes to the list from last year?

Best Answer

Answers

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    For reference, this is the rules listed in help ascension rules

JUSTICE
    -------
    Allowed:
     + Abilities from the Influence and Dramatics skillsets.
     + General healing (bromides, sparkleberry, etc).
     + Tradeskill items (including enchantment, tinkering, etc).
     + Any preparatory or permanent buffs (karma blessings, racial benefits, etc)
         acquired before your debate.
    Disallowed:
     + Any activated abilities from skillsets not listed above (roulade, laetitia,
         etc).
     + Passive ego regeneration from skills outside the skillsets allowed above
         (presence, penumbra, etc).
     + Any action or skill that fully refreshes you (refresh, trueheal, etc).
     + Shrine abilities.
     + Beasts.

It would be nice if we got some rules confirmed, like how Vlad was peaced yet Kelly's peacing was overturned, for future reference so that when these issues come up, that we can point out to the previous decisions and say "You did this two years ago, why not now?"
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Artifacts are conspicuously absent on that list.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes, paging admins! Please confirm what will or won't be allowed for Justice this year.

• As far as I'm concerned, anything that fits in the allowed section Silvanus posted above should be fair game, along with anything that fits into the buff system, but I don't really do Ascension stuff so this isn't official. The active abilities/refreshes/shrine powers/beasts would still be banned. I'll ask someone who actually works with Ascension events.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Also I don't think music box to drain ego regen is allowed. Did issue myself about this and will be reconfirming on the day.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`