Updated Nexus Client

YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
So I just read the news post and sprinted to the Nexus client and so far I'm so happy and so excited and sd;fg;jhdjyki57

image

SEE, I KNEW SOME STUFF WAS GOING DOWN BECAUSE I STALK MONITOR THE NEXUS CLIENT MANUAL AND I SAW YA'LL MAKING THOSE EDITS AND UPLOADING THOSE SCREENSHOTS. I KNEWWW ITTTT.


«1

Comments

  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    pls tell me i'm not the only one pleased as punch about this

    come on guys


  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,747 Transcendent
    Maybe five years ago I would have been, but I moved on from Nexus when it wasn't supported.
    I used to make cakes.

    Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    Daraius said:
    Maybe five years ago I would have been, but I moved on from Nexus when it wasn't supported.
    oh
    well that's ok i guess
    beCAUSE I'M EXCITED ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE
    image

  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,747 Transcendent
    edited February 2016
    I understand the feeling. I used Nexus for years and years in Achaea, and for most of my time in Lusternia. I resisted switching to Mudlet for ages, even while Nexus bugged out on me and deleted all my triggers periodically. If you enjoy it and it works for you (as it did for me!), more power to you. :)
    Post edited by Daraius on
    I used to make cakes.

    Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    So, I don't know how much the full release will differ from the testing thing but so far, the feedback I've got in my like .. ten minutes of derping around on the newclient is I'm loving it. Just in case ya'll couldn't already tell.

    The compass thingie I was dubious about, but that was probably because I was thinking of Vadimuses' compass from the old Nexus clients. This one, while it doesn't hold nearly as much nostalgic value, is so much better. It complements the mapper beautifully.

    It might just be my connection --- my internet sucks, this is a widely known fact --- but there's a teeny bit of lag. I'm hoping it's my connection. Or something on Lusty's end, since things have been kinda laggy with Ascension and whatnot.

    So far I haven't had the opportunity to mess with the new trigger/scripting capability but I definitely will be checking it out. Just as soon as I get done haggling with @Abelor over this manticore ..

  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    So I started to mess with triggers and stuff and I'm so happy, still. This is like a new part of the game and I'm loving it <3 I've run into a few snags but surprisingly, the guesswork involved in solving them isn't nearly as stressful as me trying to figure out the complexities of lua in Mudlet and Mushclient. It's actually fun.

    Quite a bit ago, I pulled together a basic targeting alias -- it's actually one of the examples listed here, on the new fancified wiki [which I love so much by the way, it's 100% easier on the eyes and easier to navigate] -- and I still use it today, although I grew accustomed to using Mushclient more and more recently thanks to some friends.

    Anyway, these past few hours I've been hard at work puzzling out the gold counter example [also on the nexus wiki, under examples] and why it wouldn't work properly for me. It appended my target to my gold count notice instead of .. well, here, look:

    You pick up 31 gold sovereigns.
    == TOTAL GOLD : mooseotalgold ==

    as opposed to the desired result of

    You pick up 31 gold sovereigns.
    == TOTAL GOLD : <amount of gold amassed>

    Turns out its usage of @totalgold conflicts with @t of aforementioned targeting alias. I changed the variable @totalgold to @overallgold and it works like a charm now, although I still need to figure out a way to reset the amount and/or start over so it won't botch the numbers when I stow gold in my pack. Maybe I could script a gold tracker for hunting sessions and stuff o:

    Aaaaahhh. It feels so good to not be the dumbass about code stuff for once.

  • ChirboChirbo Member Posts: 733 Fabled
    Yarou said:
    pls tell me i'm not the only one pleased as punch about this

    come on guys

    You are
    image
  • HavastusHavastus Member Posts: 346 Expert
    So, you know that feeling you get when you finally -- FINALLY -- figure out a problem that's been plaguing your brain for far too long? When you think your code is correct, that everything looks OK, and yet it's still not working? But, at last, you see the problem, fix it, and then everything starts working like magic?

    That feeling is why I studied Computer Science. That feeling is also what I cling to as I'm in a client meeting and listening to my business sponsors prattle on for an hour about business requirements that aren't even remotely relevant to the current sprint.

    Enjoy that feeling, and I hope you continue exploring with it. :)

  • TwytchTwytch Member Posts: 485 Expert
    As someone who's increasingly using many different devices to play, the improving Nexus client is a great thing. +1
    See you in Sapience.
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    Twytch said:
    As someone who's increasingly using many different devices to play, the improving Nexus client is a great thing. +1
    YESS I AGREE <3

    Although I am a devout user of MUDrammer when I play mobile.

  • TectonTecton Member, Administrator Posts: 4 Creator
    Yarou said:
    So I started to mess with triggers and stuff and I'm so happy, still. This is like a new part of the game and I'm loving it <3 I've run into a few snags but surprisingly, the guesswork involved in solving them isn't nearly as stressful as me trying to figure out the complexities of lua in Mudlet and Mushclient. It's actually fun.

    Quite a bit ago, I pulled together a basic targeting alias -- it's actually one of the examples listed here, on the new fancified wiki [which I love so much by the way, it's 100% easier on the eyes and easier to navigate] -- and I still use it today, although I grew accustomed to using Mushclient more and more recently thanks to some friends.

    Anyway, these past few hours I've been hard at work puzzling out the gold counter example [also on the nexus wiki, under examples] and why it wouldn't work properly for me. It appended my target to my gold count notice instead of .. well, here, look:

    You pick up 31 gold sovereigns.
    == TOTAL GOLD : mooseotalgold ==

    as opposed to the desired result of

    You pick up 31 gold sovereigns.
    == TOTAL GOLD : <amount of gold amassed>

    Turns out its usage of @totalgold conflicts with @t of aforementioned targeting alias. I changed the variable @totalgold to @overallgold and it works like a charm now, although I still need to figure out a way to reset the amount and/or start over so it won't botch the numbers when I stow gold in my pack. Maybe I could script a gold tracker for hunting sessions and stuff o:

    Aaaaahhh. It feels so good to not be the dumbass about code stuff for once.
    This is fixed! Make sure you force a refresh in your browser to get the latest version.
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    Tecton said:
    Yarou said:
    So I started to mess with triggers and stuff and I'm so happy, still. This is like a new part of the game and I'm loving it <3 I've run into a few snags but surprisingly, the guesswork involved in solving them isn't nearly as stressful as me trying to figure out the complexities of lua in Mudlet and Mushclient. It's actually fun.

    Quite a bit ago, I pulled together a basic targeting alias -- it's actually one of the examples listed here, on the new fancified wiki [which I love so much by the way, it's 100% easier on the eyes and easier to navigate] -- and I still use it today, although I grew accustomed to using Mushclient more and more recently thanks to some friends.

    Anyway, these past few hours I've been hard at work puzzling out the gold counter example [also on the nexus wiki, under examples] and why it wouldn't work properly for me. It appended my target to my gold count notice instead of .. well, here, look:

    You pick up 31 gold sovereigns.
    == TOTAL GOLD : mooseotalgold ==

    as opposed to the desired result of

    You pick up 31 gold sovereigns.
    == TOTAL GOLD : <amount of gold amassed>

    Turns out its usage of @totalgold conflicts with @t of aforementioned targeting alias. I changed the variable @totalgold to @overallgold and it works like a charm now, although I still need to figure out a way to reset the amount and/or start over so it won't botch the numbers when I stow gold in my pack. Maybe I could script a gold tracker for hunting sessions and stuff o:

    Aaaaahhh. It feels so good to not be the dumbass about code stuff for once.
    This is fixed! Make sure you force a refresh in your browser to get the latest version.
    OH MY NIL IT'S TECTOOOOON HIIIII
    image
    guys look it's tecton!!11111 fangirl scream

    I'll definitely do a force refresh! <3 Thanks for being prompt about responding to my feedback email -- I honestly didn't even expect one tbh heh.

  • TectonTecton Member, Administrator Posts: 4 Creator
    image
    It's live now @Yarou! (Picture courtesy of one of my sheep)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective. Member Posts: 4,508 Transcendent
    TIL goats/sheep are mental.
    image
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    o: @Tecton has sheep?? I'm jealous asf ytgerfs.

    Yay, it's live! Something I noticed that might be a bug/glitch :

    * Reduced gauge height seems to be the default, as it reverts upon logging in even if you disable it in settings.

    Also, Tecton, let Jeremy know that my feedback about the wildcards not working was hastily submitted -- they do, in fact, work. At least, the example on the wiki works exactly as it's intended to. What happened was I tried to deviate from said example and I guess I just don't understand wildcards yet because it didn't really work out, heh.

    I'm not giving up, though! I'm still entertaining the idea of scripting a basic Nexus system for newbies; I just need to get a handle on the hows first :p

  • SnaithySnaithy Member Posts: 61 Adept
    Seems to be a problem registering new characters on mobile (or on mine at least). For some reason the page is stuck as it is (see attached picture) and I can't scroll/zoom out. 
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    Snaithy said:
    Seems to be a problem registering new characters on mobile (or on mine at least). For some reason the page is stuck as it is (see attached picture) and I can't scroll/zoom out. 
      Wow, that's weird. Lemme see if it does the same for me. Just for reference, what kind of phone/OS do you have?

  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    edited February 2016
     .. yeeep, I'm having the same issue! Dunno if the type of phone being used makes a difference, but I'm on iOS and can't swipe to the left to choose a city/commune; it bounces you back to the right side, cutting your view of the registration screen in half. The width is fixed or whatever, it seems @Tecton.

  • SnaithySnaithy Member Posts: 61 Adept
    I'm on Android, Sony Xperia Z2. 

    I can't even move it at all. Frustrating as I quite fancied starting afresh and getting used to playing on mobile as I struggle to get the time at home on the laptop.
  • HavastusHavastus Member Posts: 346 Expert
    Snaithy said:
    I'm on Android, Sony Xperia Z2. 

    I can't even move it at all. Frustrating as I quite fancied starting afresh and getting used to playing on mobile as I struggle to get the time at home on the laptop.

    What browser are you using? The bundled one? Mobile Chrome? If either of those two, I'd suggest running Nexus in Mobile Firefox. I personally have had better luck with that.

  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    Havastus said:

    What browser are you using? The bundled one? Mobile Chrome? If either of those two, I'd suggest running Nexus in Mobile Firefox. I personally have had better luck with that.
    This is trueeee. On the other hand, no need to have to download an entirely separate browser just to play the mobile version of Nexus. Hmmm.

  • IeptixIeptix Member, Moderator, Gods Posts: 819 Divine
    The issue's been passed on to IRE and the Nexus dev.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    So, I think my "system" for Nexus might be a reality in a week or so.

    The rough draft of it is finished, for the most part. Just adding in documentation, some highlights and a few extra aliases, then I'm going to run it through some testers --- currently I only have one willing tester, hint hint [anyone else? :)] --- and release it to the public.

    < insert gif of goat wearing shades here >

  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice Member Posts: 2,628 Transcendent
    Is it possible to customize the gauge widths further? It'd be cool if so. Also, a longer buffer would be nice.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

    #bringShikariback 


  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    Siam said:
    Is it possible to customize the gauge widths further? It'd be cool if so. Also, a longer buffer would be nice.
    Hmm .. not sure. Worth looking into, though.

  • RolsandRolsand Member Posts: 880 Adept
    If your on andriod just use the iron realm client it has aliases and triggers 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    IRE client is very Meh. Not being able to copy text on the screen sucks.
    image
  • YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    Tarkenton said:
    IRE client is very Meh. Not being able to copy text on the screen sucks.
      You can select the text and use CTRL+C to copy and CTRL+V to paste. Works just as well, tbh.
    Rolsand said:
    If your on andriod just use the iron realm client it has aliases and triggers 
    Not -quite- the point, but thank you for the tip.

  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    IRE app I should say. On the phone. I know how to copy and paste :p
    image
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice Member Posts: 2,628 Transcendent
    Oh, can we also get a gauge of sorts for exp? Preferably one whose dimensions we can customize?

    Also, regarding this part of the screen:


    image

    Can we have an option to get rid of titles, please?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

    #bringShikariback 


Sign In or Register to comment.