General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Srsly, the Sunday slam is real. I had to tell students that 1) I refuse to look at drafts in progress by email anymore if directed questions aren't attached, and 2) any revision related questions must be asked before the last 48 hours before the deadline. Otherwise your weekends are shot. =((
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Hello, exchange rate. Please calm the hell down just a little bit more so that I can buy Lusternia things without feeling like I'm paying one and a half times more than I should be. Thanks.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Look, if you want me to help determine if you have a data error, don't start mucking around with the data while I am trying to determine what's wrong without telling me you're changing things.
  • Rancoura said:
    Hello, exchange rate. Please calm the hell down just a little bit more so that I can buy Lusternia things without feeling like I'm paying one and a half times more than I should be. Thanks.
    ugh, I know.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Me: Hey boss, so my goals last month were just unrealistic. I've never not surpassed the profit expectations, but there was no way last month. The market challenges are X, Y, and Z and here are some examples. We are not competitive in these spaces.

Boss: We hear you, and understand. We're looking into it.

Boss next day: Lol JK we raised your goals again for March.

b-(
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2016
    To continue the saga of my boss's bosses being 馬鹿, 
    We still have a million things to do, and there's not a worklist one that doesn't have at least 100 orders waiting for someone to have the time to get to it. Their solution? Get everyone on the phones! No one is allowed to be off the phones for any reason whatsoever!!!
  • Celina said:

Then once for christmas so I had stuffed penguins on my couch for a month. I'm very specific about my decor. I love modern, sleek, and simple. And I still allowed this "let it snow" monstrosity on my couch. Because I'm accomidating. 

:)
    Excuse you, what is wrong with stuffed penguins? Hmph.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I have to work early today:/
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Moderate safe search should always be on unless you need it not to be, Ambassadog. :P
  • It's that time of the year again. Hands are cracking up and I can do nothing besides putting on heaps of the most nourishing cream I can find and wearing cotton gloves 24/7 so I won't get everything greasy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Aerdureth said:
    It's that time of the year again. Hands are cracking up and I can do nothing besides putting on heaps of the most nourishing cream I can find and wearing cotton gloves 24/7 so I won't get everything greasy.
    A lot of folks at my pharmacy swear by Aquaphor. You still need the gloves, but it's not as expensive as some of the other brand name stuff.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2016
    So. Not only do I suck at something I thought I was pretty good at, I really really suck at it. 

Edit: deleted most of it because who the fuck cares anyway

• Luce said:
    Aerdureth said:
    It's that time of the year again. Hands are cracking up and I can do nothing besides putting on heaps of the most nourishing cream I can find and wearing cotton gloves 24/7 so I won't get everything greasy.
    A lot of folks at my pharmacy swear by Aquaphor. You still need the gloves, but it's not as expensive as some of the other brand name stuff.

Thank you! I live right next to a pharmacy and will try to find it today.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I woke up this morning to discover that my sinuses have declared war on me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I miss @Lavinya and @Silvanus and @Leolamins.
    </RANT>
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I know where you can find them!
  • Traded naproxen for ibuprofen. Really hoped it would help me be a moderately functional human. Naproxen is less effective than ibuprofen for me. Monday is doctor's appointment, but busy weekend. Also learned that obscene amounts of caffeine do not help chronic fatigue. Really wish this was just a vitamin deficiency like originally thought. Getting kitten tomorrow, going to have to juggle cat vs kitten jealousy and probably break up some fights. Sleep, all I want is sleep.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    So silly question:

My roommate has bought a really beautiful wrap dress online, and the website selling it is doing so for half off. I'm kind of in love with it and want to buy it in another colour because 1) tax refund and 2) sale is limited time only. (!) However I would be a total copycat if I did so. Other roommate loves it too and is just looking for other wrap dresses to avoid being aforementioned copycat, but I looked and nothing seems as reasonably priced or suitable for my body type. :-<

Do I just buy the same dress and not wear it around her, or buy it and damn the consequences, or stay away and save money like a good thrifty person? Maybe I just look for another type of clothing. Idk. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Buy it. Don't wear it at the same time. Problem solved.

If you like it, buy it. Enjoy it. If nobody could wear similar outfits, only the well-to-do would be able to afford clothes at all.

Disclaimer: This is coming from a person who read your post about stunning your students with a new outfit and thinking to myself, "I never paid any attention at all to what any of my teachers ever wore... or how often they wore it".
    Thanks for the empowerment and validation, awesome Lusternia people. :x Time to make impulsive financial choices!

(lol @Xenthos half of my students have been asleep or absent these days :( However I harbor weird anxious thoughts of totally just wearing the same three outfits on loop, when will they figure it out???)
    Daraius said:
    Sleeping or absent? Time to invest in an alarm clock. Put it on the desk right next to their ear. Maybe one of those ones that requires them to solve a math problem before it turns off, while everyone else gives them The Look.
    edited March 2016
    I generally utilize the side-eye and shame technique where I am like "Wait, is he asleep, guys?" and then we all collectively stare at the victim in question, someone pokes the kid, and then he shakes himself like "I'M AWAKE, I'M AWAKE" and I say, "Morning, sunshine, welcome to class."

Whenever people come in late I do similar things. "Alexander, so good of you to grace us with your presence today. You're just in time for the second half of today's lesson plan."
    Daraius said:
  • The idea of Sylandra being sassy to her students is pretty funny to me.
    Falmiis said:
    The idea of Sylandra being sassy to her students is pretty funny to me.
    ...My sassiness actually came up on my most recent class observation. "Her pedagogy utilizes humor to keep class in order." I mean, hey, I'll take it. :-\"
    Daraius said:
    Falmiis said:
    The idea of Sylandra being sassy to her students is pretty funny to me.

How else is one supposed to deal with unruly students?
  • My first vacation in a year, and some jackass breaks into my truck the Sunday before I go on a road trip.

I've straightened things out, and should be more available in the next week. As always, feel free to drop me a forum message or email for anything of urgency.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    It's so daunting,the thought of going back to college to finish my degree. Plus there are lots of stuff I need to get done first but I have very limited time. /headdesk
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback