Demigod power ideas.

124»

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'd buy it. Helps me know when I'm targeted.
  • There's combat and RP applications, without it being OP. I don't think people spamming you to annoy would be any worse than aethersight (not that hard to turn it off), and it's not like you can't still talk about people behind their back if you're careful. What's not to like?

Though I actually doubt people would be that careful after the novelty wears off. Very, very few people pay attention to other spy mechanisms after they existed for more than a week. You basically have to tell people you're spying on them with a ribbachi before they even look for it, for example.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Ssaliss said:

Tarkenton said:
    And that's when I gave everyone in the game a code name spammed everyone's name constantly just to annoy them.

I do this in MKO all the time
  • But really!

Let us use demigod essence to alter our age!
  • Fresh from a long break and suddenly missing the hell out of my charisma score, I wouldn't mind some x/x buffs to influencing abilities.

Dunno if this might already exist, but the ability to turn your emotes one color, a la the Leprechaun Pot.

Fate Reweaving Sense: target a denizen corpse or item in your room or in your inventory for a small essence cost. You receive a notification when the denizen or item resets.

Transmute Gold to Luck: Mini-Wheel of Tzaraziko effect. Convert gold in inventory into short-term blessing, ikon, commodities, world-shattering critical on next hit, similar effects at random. Can be activated multiple times per month, at increasing gold cost.
  • Luce said:
    Will of the Dreamer - You can manifest pure colour where you will it. For x essence per tint, you can create runestones, tarot cards, or facepaints without bothering with any actual tinctures. For x essence each, you can create sketches without the use of coal. For Y essence per palette required, you can create paintings without any actual paints. Paintings you have created this way can have their lifespan extended by imbuing them with more of your essence. Note that all of these still require other commodities, such as blank runestones, sketches, cards, or canvases.

Because it'd be nice if non-combattants had a few more options to contribute.
    I like the flavor of this, but I don't think Lusternia needs any more abilities that will make it so people don't have to spend gold on supplies.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Write Own Legend: Allows PREFIX/SUFFIX on self regardless of guild/city status.
  • Talan said:
    I like the flavor of this, but I don't think Lusternia needs any more abilities that will make it so people don't have to spend gold on supplies.
    Might be too late now, but I think introducing any kind of resource-producing item to the game was a bad idea.  This goes for manse mines, genies, maps, cornucopia and any other kind of thing I'm not thinking of right now.  Scarcity and the resulting conflict for resources early in the game made things far, far more interesting and vital, even if it meant a lot more dying.  And items that generate credits or similar is just... wonky.  If we want more credits available to people, make them one-time rewards for the bigger quests or achievements.

Idea: Demi-demesne (Demigod Domain) powers.  Does not approach level of potency of existing guild demesne powers.  Can exist on top of guild demesne, even if it's not one's own (Mini-Demi-demesne are blind to guild demesne and vice versa).  Example powers (each separate) include such things as hearing everything spoken within the demesne, ability to temporarily change room titles and descriptions (perhaps through a choice system), cause a relatively frequently-firing ambient (choice list) within the demesne, ability to reduce the rooting effect of enemies in that demesne by 1, a power to inherently imbue one's guild demesne with these powers rather than having a separate demi demesne (makes guild demesne automatically cause mini-demi-demesne).

Bonus, mini-demi-demesne are affected by demesne artis, if one wants to get spendy.  With or without the arti, good for those who want to have a mystical bond with 'their territory' without necessarily converting to a full on mage or druid guild.  Can be purchased to stack with actual guild demesne to provide more flavor.

Idea: Increased tattoo weight.  You invest your body with a greater capacity for tattoo energies.  Your body parts now accept (insert some number here)% more tattoo weight.  This will require more tattoo designs to accommodate the available 'acreage' per body part.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    As I posted elsewhere, the fact that 'destruction' is only available to ascendants and VA makes me very sad, after thinking about it a while, while I believe destruction to still something I simply _want_, I think part of my wanting is based on the concept of hurling balls of essence of your own energy against a foe.

Thinking this further, I think I may have something that does not make destruction redundant and in fact may be used in conjunction with it, but giving us 'mere half-gods' access to something that feels interesting and would scratch that particular itch for me at least:

"channel". Allows you to channel the attack power of an item, weapon or ability by using your essence, strengthening the power of the attack as it flows through you.

This would:
    - increase the damage done by the attack by something minor (5% ? )
    - cost a minor amount of essence if used ( balanced against how much damage it increases )
    - any increase would happen to be applied to damage types already present ( 50 % fire 50 % psychic would stay exactly that)
    - would change the message to a choice of messages that indicate something like state below
    - would make it possible to not wield an item needed to use the attack / ability.

Syntax examples:
    - manifest channel from whip3521 to garghast
    - manifest channel from moonfire to garghoul
    - manifest channel from destruction to Aeldra

Message example:
    Aeldra closes her hands for a moment. As she opens them again, a quivering bolt of energy rests in her hands. She hurls it at a garghast, engulfing it with it's power.
    You focus upon the power of the whip of the pious and draw upon it's essence, intermingling it with your own. You then form a globe
    of energy upon your hands, focusing that power. You hurl it at a garghast, which is is engulfed by this power.

(Given my messages suck, but it's only to give you an idea of the ability)

I think it should be a fairly expensive and weighty ability, but i would so love this for the flavor part <3

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.