Xynthin's Unveiling

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
A long story short to set this up: Glomdoring got filled with knights/wraiths/zombies trying to bash their way through to the Wheel. Krangar was leading them. Glomdoring & Celest repelled the undead forces. The Veiled God and Stepasha both turned up and had a fight whilst we killed Krangar, then Stepasha fled. The following is what ensued thereafter.

Softly, The Veiled God says, "The corpse of Krangar?"

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "Xenthos has it."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "I have it."

A wry smile spreads across Septim's face.

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "Well, that was interesting."

The Veiled God cradles the corpse of Krangar, Guardian of Destruction in both arms. He lowers Himself to one knee, whispering softly into the corpse's ear. A gentle golden glow spreads from the shrouded God and begins to envelop the corpse of Krangar.

Xenthos tilts his head curiously at God.

Bryna thrusts her palm towards her forehead and hits it with a resounding *smack*!

Keziel bows respectfully to God.

Bryna stares at God, tilts her head quizzically, rubs her chin thoughtfully, raises her eyebrow and says, "I see..."

You murmur to Xenthos, "I think He's freeing him."

Ryboi nods his head at you.

Lifting the corpse of Krangar, Guardian of Destruction, the Veiled God embraces Him as though He were an old friend. Still whispering into the corpse's ear, the Veiled God tightens His arms about the dead orclach. Slowly the corpse flakes away in shriveled and blackened bits of flesh, scorched and burnt away.

A twisting and ugly shadow, the raging spirit of Krangar twists in the God's grasp. Releasing the spirit, the Veiled God waves His hands gently, currents of pure white energy carrying it away into the heavens.

A twisting shade of anger and sorrow rises up from the Glomdoring Forest, disappearing into the skies above.

Softly, The Veiled God says, "He will be free of her influence now, I hope."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Losing the knights will be a significant blow to her."

Xenthos purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his thoughts.

Softly, The Veiled God says, "Her forces will be crippled. I suspect she put everything into this last attack."

Xenthos begins to slow down to a lethargic crawl before finally distorting and becoming impossible to discern.

Ryboi nods his head emphatically.

You grab protectively at Xenthos.

Xenthos gasps and chokes before phasing back into existence wholly, startled and in pain.

Iytha nods her head emphatically.

Xenthos closes his eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of his surroundings.

Softly, The Veiled God says, "Some remnants will remain. They will need to be hunted down and removed."

Iytha nods her head in agreement.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to God, "Do You happen to have any idea what is happening to me?"

You have emoted: Tacita Shee-Slaugh grips tightly onto Xenthos's hand as if trying to anchor him.

A hint of sorrow in His voice, The Veiled God says, "Yes."

You narrow your eyes at God in an unnerving manner.

Kalaneya furrows her brow in thought.

Ryboi blinks incredulously at God.

Septim tilts his head and listens intently.

Frowning, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Would You be willing to share? It is not a comfortable feeling, at all."

The Veiled God tugs at His bandages, the soiled white cloth stained with gore and ichor giving way beneath His grasp.

The Veiled Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "It is because we exist."

"Ha!" Bryna exclaims with gusto.

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "Called it."

Lorina's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Ryboi's eyes sparkle with amusement at Bryna.

Ragniliff thrusts her palm towards her forehead and hits it with a resounding *smack*!

Brother Keziel, Supplicant of Discipline says, "I'm confused."

You have emoted: Tacita Shee-Slaugh steps between Xenthos and Xynthin, growling under her breath.

Brother Keziel, Supplicant of Discipline says, "Did that explain something?"

Lady Shinza Tharedia looks thoughtful and says, "Interesting."

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Perhaps."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "I... see."

Ssaliss ponders the situation.

The heavens twist with shadowfire as Xynthin, the Wyrden Glory is unveiled to mortalkind.

Tully, Janitor of the Basin shouts, "WHA?"

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Wait... Xenthos is the Veiled God... who is Xynthin?"

Tully, Janitor of the Basin shouts, "Ye change ye name again, boyo?"

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "So I assume you are from a time when the Immandivinius was never severed?"

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Xynthin is the Veiled God."

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "He's his own grandpa.. or something."

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Xenthos is Xenthos."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "But Xenthos WAS Xynthin."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory turns His bright red eyes to Xenthos, unblinking.

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Not on some other time line, apparently."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Right?"

Iytha ponders the situation.

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "I was once Xenthos."

Tully, Janitor of the Basin says, "Wait?"

Tully blinks perplexedly for a moment before emitting a confused "Wha?"

Tully's eyes bug out of his head in wonder.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist meets Xynthin's gaze steadily. "So. Because we both exist..."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "But not this Xenthos, obviously."

Shinza ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Auspex Iytha says to Tully, "Xynthin is Xenthos, except from another timeline and also a God."

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "That is a very curious statement."

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "It was not long ago I was... This Xenthos."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory tilts His head slightly, pursing His lips a bit as He continues to watch Xenthos.

Auspex Iytha says, "How did you ascend? Via the Ravenwood? Via the Seals?"

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "But I thought it was impossible for a mortal to become a God."

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "The Domotheos of Life."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Life? And not Nature?"

Lady Shinza Tharedia says, "What about the Threshold Abyss?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "As I ascended through Nature."

Quietly, Archon Kalaneya Shee-Slaugh says, "Perhaps we should first listen to His words, hm?"

Xenthos ponders the situation.

Tully, Janitor of the Basin says, "Maybe the boyo comes from another timeline where the threshold was never closed."

(Glomdoring): Septim says, "Does this mean Xynthin who was Xenthos became a blademaster at some point?"

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Xenthos has won life on occasion, though."

You have emoted: Tacita Shee-Slaugh stares unblinkingly at Xynthin, a myriad of conflicting emotions flashing on her face.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "I thought that was what Ayridion stopped through sacrificing himself and making them Threshold Abyss?"

(Glomdoring): Xenthos says, "I was a Blademaster for many, many years."

Ssaliss nods his head at Ryboi.

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "It was your mark of Nature that let you ascend, but the Seal rejected you."

Xenthos purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his thoughts.

Auspex Iytha says to Ryboi, "Maybe alternate timeline Soll never did that?"

Tully shrugs helplessly.

Ryboi ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Well, this is confusing."

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "So long as they don't try to occupy the same place at the same time, we're safe."

Tully, Janitor of the Basin says to Iytha, "Ye were originally a bigwig in Gaudiguch, maybe ye can figure out this paradox."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "And thus, I became myself... and You became a Divine?"

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "No. We became an Ascended God."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Xenthos, "Seems like you lost out then..."

Ryboi sways back and forth.

Auspex Iytha says to Tully, "I don't see why everyone is even confused."

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "Like Ilyarin, but not."

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "Something diverged. At some point you failed to do what you needed to."

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat prowls in menacing circles around Xynthin, her gaze never leaving Him.

Tully, Janitor of the Basin says, "Estarra might have done this, with her curse? Maybe we should ask her?"

Lawliet gazes piercingly at Xynthin with a thoughtful air, the air between them warping and shimmering oddly.

Temporal Primus Lawliet Letara says to Xynthin, "Apologies if this has already been answered. Why did you hide who you were to begin with?"

Gently, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "I did not know to where I was going, what was different, if anything."

Tully, Janitor of the Basin says, "I thought he was some disguised form of Lyreth with those twin swords..."

Iytha peers about herself unscrupulously.

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "Perhaps he didn't want to distract Xenthos from accomplishing his goal of driving off Stephasha."

Temporal Primus Lawliet Letara says, "Ah, you're from an alternate time line, not a previous one?"

Auspex Iytha says to Lawliet, "Yes. Insofar as alternate timelines exist."

"Tsk, tsk," Iytha says as she waggles a finger and scolds the world.

Dipping His head in a slight nod, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "Yes. In my time line, the Threshold Abyss was not created. I..."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Well I'm blaming Hallifax."

Ryboi nods his head emphatically.

Xena thwaps Ryboi on the head.

Temporal Primus Lawliet Letara says, "Yes, yes. Good, that might make things a little more stable..."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory purses His lips, going quiet for a moment.

Ryboi quickly ducks down.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Ah. That... explains some things."

Tully, Janitor of the Basin whispers something unintelligible in crystalline, airy reverberations.

Xena stares implacably at Tully.

Temporal Primus Lawliet Letara says to Tully, "That would not be a good idea."

Auspex Iytha says something unintelligible in crystalline, airy reverberations.

Archon Kalaneya Shee-Slaugh says to Xynthin, "Please do go on."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "Speak common, please?"

Looking to Xenthos, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "The divergence is our fault. Some decades ago now, you should have found a way into the past."

Ragniliff offers a gentle "Hmm?" as she tilts her head curiously.

Softly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "The rift did not exit. Ayridion still shone in the heavens. We... We had an advantage no one else had. We were an Ascendant, we knew the pathways."

Tully, Janitor of the Basin mutters, "Gonna wo... n.. there's some divergent t..n of me somewhere..."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist frowns, his head tilting forward slightly as he listens.

Opening his mouth wide, Tully gapes in wonder at Xenthos.

Opening his mouth wide, Tully gapes in wonder at Xynthin.

Tully scratches his head looking for an idea.

Shaking His head, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "I do not know why the Domotheos of Nature rejected us, but it did. Life was still freshly used, its energy bubbling over. The domoths were whole, not shattered, not broken. The Threshold Abyss did not exist. We stopped Ayridion from creating the Abyss, and took that to our advantage."

Smiling slightly, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "And so we were born."

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Interesting."

After a momentary pause, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "It did not go as we had hoped. The Dread Lord Contagion rotted the seals, corrupting them, fouling them."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "Kethuru was free, and the Soulless Gods awoke. The Sleeping Child was consumed."

Xenthos winces in pain.

Archon Kalaneya Shee-Slaugh says, "...goodness."

Ryboi shudders violently.

Temporal Primus Lawliet Letara says, "Who is the undying one?"

Tau wrinkles her nose and sniffs.

A shadow of pain in His voice, Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "They... Began to feed on everything. Estarra saw what we had done. She punished us."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "She destroyed the entirety of the timeline. Everything. Everyone."

You shiver violently.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "And thus, Her reaction to me."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory shifts His gaze to you and Ragniliff, sorrow burning in His eyes.

With a slow nod to Xenthos, Ryboi shows his understanding.

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "Everything simply ceased. I... I thought we were undone forever. It was so... Cold. Empty. Nothing."

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "But why so suddenly and not farther in the past in this  timeline?"

Tully, Janitor of the Basin says, "I suspect Estarra is one in all timelines, that would make sense...still confusin'..."

You have emoted: Tacita Shee-Slaugh flinches violently and looks away, seemingly unable to meet Xynthin's eyes.

Ragniliff looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "I thought it was death, I thought I was dead. I could not tell you the years I drifted in the vast unexitence, tortured by the distant light of the Immanidivinus, anchoring us, holding us."

Canticle Bryna La'Saet, Bright-Eyed says, "I mean, Xenthos is old as wyrden dirt. Why did Estarra just so recently punish him for the actions of his alternate him?"

Brother Keziel, Supplicant of Discipline says, "Because they are not completely the same. If they were, they would have disappeared, or combined when the God first came here right?"

Temporal Primus Lawliet Letara says to Bryna, "And why not later? It's best not to question such things."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "Because it was only recently, in your time line, that he should have found the rift to the past, due to the Wheel of the Goloths."

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Well, it was on an alternate time line, and the punishment extended to every other line."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Bryna, "Different timelines, different realities. They do not necessarily remain in synchronization with one another, I imagine."

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Figure out how that works."

Tully, Janitor of the Basin says, "Basically, I think the wheel's interference is what caused time to catch up like this..."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "Only Estarra would know Her self, though I suspect when She struck and punished you, was the very moment you were supposed to find the tear."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Xynthin, "And if I had... it would have turned out the same way."

Xynthin, Wyrden Glory says, "She closed it, and punished you for our ambitions."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Xynthin, "So, She prevented it."

Continued in next post as this is too long.

Comments

• Best. Event. Ever.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I have some other bits of the event at large but not an exhaustive collection because I log manually. At some point I'll put up like, a greatest hits compilation :)
  • Awesome! And that Nocht bit at the end totally just slammed in the emotional overload in play, I love it. This has been a fantastic event!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    There was another thing that Nocht said but I didn't catch it. It was basically more of the same 'you are making this worse for yourself' lecture :D
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I have no idea how to RP in this event. I really liked Veiled God, but Xenthos and I don't get along at all...so now it's this awkward do I begrudgingly accept him because Night pulled him from the wheel or...scowly face queen bitch at him because now I have two xenthoses. Xenthi. Xenthosen?
  • edited November 2012

Celina said:
    I have no idea how to RP in this event. I really liked Veiled God, but Xenthos and I don't get along at all...so now it's this awkward do I begrudgingly accept him because Night pulled him from the wheel or...scowly face queen bitch at him because now I have two xenthoses. Xenthi. Xenthosen?
    That's up to you! How would Celina react? You know her better than us!

(Also, I don't think you're alone in not knowing how to feel. How would you feel if suddenly another you was staring you in the face?)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Heck, I sure don't know how I feel.
  • Well, I for one am pleased as punch.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2012

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I like where the event is going. It's fun. I totally tanked him for a while. 

Totally depressed that the old Glom spirit is gone, but I guess I have to adapt to that.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

=D>
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback