Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• It may become possible to Illuminate again once the changes go through. 
    See you in Sapience.
  • Wanted to harvest more horehound and calamus and ending up sneaking around Glom for it. I felt kind of bad for @Ulalah who showed up and spotted me but couldn't really scare me off on her own.

Can we maybe get a new swamp somewhere so that almost half the swamp rooms in the game aren't in Prime Glomdoring?
  • Doesn't Mucklemarsh have swamp rooms, on top of the popular Balach ones?
    See you in Sapience.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Twytch said:
    Doesn't Mucklemarsh have swamp rooms, on top of the popular Balach ones?
    Mucklemarsh is a bubble, and therefore can't be planted/harvested.

There are some more swamp rooms otherwise, though. A few in Duum, and most notably in the Gourmet Ghetto. Don't forget the ones on Vesucia too (do people even plant on those nowadays?).

• Yeah I know Duum and Vesucia, and Serenwilde has 4 rooms as well, but I actually have not heard of the Gourmet Ghetto before. Man I've asked in game a couple times if there were any new swamps areas and nobody mentioned it. I'll have to find that now. 

Also I went and counted the swamp rooms because I <3 numbers and saying almost half was a bit of an overestimate but still a lot.

Duum : 2
    Seren : 4
    Vesucia : 9
    Glom : 18
    Balach : 32

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Are those including the six or so rooms around Anhika or whatever her name is? Those are technically open on prime, though they are hilariously right next to Glom's entrance from the Gloriana - you just go NE instead of E into Glom.
  • All their swamps are right by the Gloriana entrance, but I have no idea who that is so... probably not?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lehki said:
    All their swamps are right by the Gloriana entrance, but I have no idea who that is so... probably not?

There is another exit in that area that goes in a Glomdoring-like direction but does not actually go into Glomdoring. Those are swamp rooms, too.
  • Lehki said:
    All their swamps are right by the Gloriana entrance, but I have no idea who that is so... probably not?
    I've been told that Anhika is pretty forgotten by people so you may have a better chance harvesting there than sneaking into Glom. :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Lehki said:
     I felt kind of bad for @Ulalah who showed up and spotted me but couldn't really scare me off on her own.
    She didn't notice until you were already done, I think; she sent her pixie to tell Lehki he was naughty and then he was gone, so Ulie was satisfied. (I was definitely wondering why you there there, though, since nothing seemed out of place!)
  • Ulalah said:

Lehki said:
     I felt kind of bad for @Ulalah who showed up and spotted me but couldn't really scare me off on her own.
    She didn't notice until you were already done, I think; she sent her pixie to tell Lehki he was naughty and then he was gone, so Ulie was satisfied. (I was definitely wondering why you there there, though, since nothing seemed out of place!)
    I had actually just started and was there for like another 15-20 minutes after you walked around the swamp. :o
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I wish people would just let me be when I'm trying to get platypi for calcise from Moon River

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I just want to explore Seren :( I promise not to touch anything!
  • I think that the adjustment downward might have gone a biiit far, seeing as the one map I have just gave me 463 gold. No, that's not missing a zero, either.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Did maps get nerfed?
  • >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #533 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Estarra the Eternal                 Date: 2016-03-21 17:57:15

o Curio Treasure Map rewards adjusted down after tracking revealed
         excessive outlays.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<
  • Yeah, most recent changelog-

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #533 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Estarra the Eternal                 Date: 2016-03-21 17:57:15

o Curio Treasure Map rewards adjusted down after tracking revealed
         excessive outlays.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Boo for those of us with one map. Shame it wont fix the seisures from walking into a room where someone hits 20-who knows how many at one time.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • The gold was nice, but really I think most people did maps of the chance at a coin. Wonder if that chance went down as well.
  • Yeah, the gold from maps wasn't exactly the problem -- it was the coin spins, which iirc had a pretty decent chance of coughing out nice things (when you consider some people have 50+ maps).
    See you in Sapience.
    Note that it says "rewards", not just "gold".  That leaves me thinking that it might've been the coins too, but only the people who have a ton of maps will be able to tell if there's a real difference in the short term.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Man, selling my maps last night makes me feel psychic.
  • They probably didn't do that because they can't reverse value a curio that never had a credit price, therefor a refund for those people would be completely made up. 

This fix hits everyone equally. Fairest way to go about it. 

Generally, free stuff generating items are the pits. Including the wondercornucopia. Rich get richer items are no bueno (and I have one). 
  • Even if you can't trade in a map there is nothing stopping you from selling it to other people. 
    Falmiis said:
    Even if you can't trade in a map there is nothing stopping you from selling it to other people. 
    The problem with that is that you keep the same # of maps in the game (so the same rate of generation), it's just distributed around more people.
  • Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    Even if you can't trade in a map there is nothing stopping you from selling it to other people. 
    The problem with that is that you keep the same # of maps in the game (so the same rate of generation), it's just distributed around more people.
    This would be less problematic than having it all concentrated around the hands of a few, though!
    See you in Sapience.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I will have to do my map to really give an opinion on this. While I get the need to fix this, and I agree, changing the individual map was likely a fair one, it shouldn't devalue the map to uselessness. If I hear 400 gold, then I think 'meh'. like ... 400 gold is one good critter, maybe two. A lot faster then doing maps. hopefully that was just a bad luck roll.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    This would be less problematic than having it all concentrated around the hands of a few, though!
    That is true.  However, that wasn't the problem stated in the changelog (and thus not a solution to address the problem stated by them).  I think all the player suggestions involved did go along the lines of that suggestion (though mine suggested tradeins instead, to remove maps from the game, it's the same end result for the players getting rid of excess maps), but the Administration clearly saw the overall thing a bit differently than we did.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It would still be concentrated among people who already have lots of resources to buy them off each other.
This discussion has been closed.