The 16 Personalities

Comments

• Answered as Miralona,

ESTP Personality (“The Entrepreneur”)

ESTP personality types always have an impact on their immediate surroundings – the best way to spot them at a party is to look for the whirling eddy of people flitting about them as they move from group to group. Laughing and entertaining with a blunt and earthy humor, ESTP personalities love to be the center of attention. If an audience member is asked to come on stage, ESTPs volunteer – or volunteer a shy friend.
  • I pulled an INFP-T, mediator. So did Thul, even after accounting for the superpowers my character has that I don't.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    INTP

surprised me

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited March 2016
    I'm INTJ. 

I'm anti social and a bad communicator. More news at 11.
  • INTP.

tl;dr: likes to fiddle with the tiniest details
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited March 2016
    Taken these often. I also get ISFJ, "the Defender", quite often if not all the time with these.

Edit 2: Though apparently I've changed slightly and become "the Mediator" as an INFP-T.

Edit: And Nienla is apparently an ESTP-A.
  • INFB-T, the Mediator

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2016
    For Daraius I got 

ESFJ PERSONALITY (“THE CONSUL”) 

The E surprises me, but I guess it makes sense considering his history as an actor and minister. Here are some of my favorite quotes (cherry picked from the stuff I don't think fits Dar's profile): 

People who share the ESFJ personality type are, for lack of a better word, popular. 

Practical matters and gossip are their bread and butter, but ESFJs do their best to use their powers for good. (I blame @Sylandra)

People with the ESFJ personality type will base their moral compass on established traditions and laws, upholding authority and rules, rather than drawing their morality from philosophy or mysticism. 

ESFJs love to be of service, enjoying any role that allows them to participate in a meaningful way, so long as they know that they are valued and appreciated. This is especially apparent at home, and ESFJs make loyal and devoted partners and parents. ESFJ personalities respect hierarchy, and do their best to position themselves with some authority, at home and at work, which allows them to keep things clear, stable and organized for everyone. 

ESFJs don't do casual flings – they need to know that their partners will always be by their sides offering unwavering support, and marriage and family are the ultimate goal.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh god, my paragraph breaks. @-)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • For Allyrianne, I got ENFP-T, or the Campaigner.

Some titbits I found apt:

They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

[If] they've found a cause that sparks their imagination, ENFPs will bring an energy that oftentimes thrusts them into the spotlight, held up by their peers as a leader and a guru – but this isn't always where independence-loving ENFPs want to be. Worse still if they find themselves beset by the administrative tasks and routine maintenance that can accompany a leadership position.

• Executive (ESTJ-a)

I suppose this shouldn't surprise me.  In most arenas of my life, I'm the person in charge.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I didn't answer the test as Sylandra because tbh I think she's just a more exaggerated version of my own INFP personality. Anyone else have that feel? I read the Strengths & Weaknesses list and I feel like she's embodied them just as much as I have throughout playing her.

I was gonna just snip out the sections that most applied to her, but damn if the whole list doesn't apply.  :-?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You in danger, dawg.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    INFP-t - The mediator.

You have to be really honest and really introspective about these sometimes in order for them to work properly. A lot of people answer with what they wish they were rather than what they are.

• Stratas said:
    Every time I do a Meyers-Briggs, I end up split between INTJ and INFJ. Often which side I end up on depends on the way the test is worded, or possibly just how I feel that day. I personally think I'm more inclined to INFJ than INTJ, but I do have a lot of both in me.

Stratas is INFJ (the Advocate) to a fault. It wasn't quite intentional, but the basic qualities of the INFJ are pretty much his framework, even if it gets a little warped under strain.  This part is especially something he does too much:

Can Burn Out Easily – Their passion, poor patience for routine maintenance, tendency to present themselves as an ideal, and extreme privacy tend to leave INFJs with few options for letting off steam. People with this personality type are likely to exhaust themselves in short order if they don’t find a way to balance their ideals with the realities of day-to-day living.

And that's always followed by an org hop.
    Yes. Stratas, me too! I'm usually split between INFJ and INTJ but when compared to other INTJ's, I'm nothing like them. Rarest personality, most misunderstood, and almost most self conflicting, but I am me.

Alik - INFJ
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Anyone who likes to presume me the player is the same as Lavinya the character should look at these almost polar opposite results. She is not me! Mostly because I think she is far more assertive and confident and arrogant than I am. 

For myself, which I think is apt in some regards and slightly off-centre in others:

INFP-T PERSONALITY (“THE MEDIATOR”)

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

And Lavinya (which I think is pretty scarily accurate):

ESTJ-A PERSONALITY (“THE EXECUTIVE”)

Good order is the foundation of all things.

Edmund Burke

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

• I find it pretty amazing how you all are able to so well separate yourselves and your characters so well. Hava and I are one in the same, and I wouldn't have the faintest clue of how to separate our personalities!

• Seems like a lot of work.  But people often want to be something other than themselves.  It expands one's experiences, if even only artificially.

I don't spend my days killing things.  The setting allows for a certain amount of inherent differences between player and character simply due to genre expectations.  But on the whole, I have to agree with your sentiment, and I wonder how effective people really are at playing a character with wildly different basic personality than themselves.  I suspect most people are kidding themselves.

• For fun

Me the player: Mediator (INFP-t) - Eh. Not really surprised.

Isluna: Executive (ESTJ-T)  - Yeah that isn't right maybe I didn't step into the right personality..... At least not for her right now. Or ever again.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Havastus said:
    I find it pretty amazing how you all are able to so well separate yourselves and your characters so well. Hava and I are one in the same, and I wouldn't have the faintest clue of how to separate our personalities!
    There's a few things that can help. A few subtle things are to not think about "I want, I do, I am, etc", think "Havastus wants, Havastus does, Havastus is". Think about your character as a separate entity, and the language you use should reflect that. Your character is more than a set of skills, it's a person with a different background and relationships and location.

Think about your character's story. Think about their history and how that informs what they do. Think about their aspirations and relationships and how they fit in their org. Recognize that your character is a part of the shared roleplaying experience of Lusternia, and think about what type of character others see in what you're playing.

It can also help to write all this down to help flesh out these details. It can also help a lot to make alts, both to experience different roleplaying contexts, and to get practice in making different types of characters.

Also remember, it's ok if your character is a lot like you, your character doesn't need to be radically different in personality, in fact that can help quite a bit in making a realistic character, but keep that separation in your mind about what your character wants and what you want.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I was a steady ENTP "Debater", on every previous instance that I took this test, but according to this, sometime in the past four years I must have had some sort of metamorphosis into an ESFP "Entertainer.".

Quite a bit that I would say doesn't fit as an "Entertainer", but am struck by the change from Intuitive Thinker (NT) to Sensing Feeling (SF) type. Definitely recognise personal experiences in the past couple of years that have had lasting changes that would shift me toward such an attitude and outlook, but would still probably consider myself somewhere between the two.

Might try this answering as Ushaara in a bit, but if he doesn't come back as "Slacker" something's off!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Having a different personality doesn't mean a character has zero traits like the player. Lavinya, to me, is a more exaggerated version of me. Where in real life I will sit back and let others speak first, she has no issues instigating conversation (it's the internet so it's easy peasy for me to do). Where I couldn't care less what shoes you wear with your dress, she does, and will let you know. I might think the snarky comments when I'm not online, but she'll step up and say them to your face. Or make posts with so many barbs and swipes you come away bleeding. I actually care about people's feelings and irl I'm very empathetic and will compromise all the way to keep the peace. Lavinya? Well she doesn't care so much about the other fictional characters in the story she's in and will passionately stick to her guns. The constraints I have IRL about not being a jerk, don't really apply in character (and I'm purely talking characters here, I try not to upset the people behind the character though I know it happens. It's not my intention).

I am one of those roleplayers who came from writing a forum posting/story writing background. I don't even really think of graphical games as roleplay, that's me controlling a shell, roleplay is me writing a story with my own fictional character I am developing and creating, not just an extention of myself.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ushaara said:

Quite a bit that I would say doesn't fit as an "Entertainer", but am struck by the change from Intuitive Thinker (NT) to Sensing Feeling (SF) type. Definitely recognise personal experiences in the past couple of years that have had lasting changes that would shift me toward such an attitude and outlook, but would still probably consider myself somewhere between the two.

Ooh, I do this too. This is what I meant earlier in my original post - I might lean heavily into my Introversion/Judging, but I tend to hang right around the border between Intuitive/Sensing and Thinking/Feeling, and seem to slip and slide especially based on my current social circles and who I'm having to deal with on a daily basis in that given year.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I seem to get a slightly different outcome every time I do these, usually along the F/T and P/J lines which tend to be fairly close to 50/50 in the results breakdown. This time, I have been given INFP. I wouldn't consider myself as much of an idealistic person as they want to paint me, though certainly it is a match in some respects. Most notably...

"Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world."

H-how did they know about hermit mode? That's even what I call it! How did they know.

Took the quiz for a spin as Phoebus too, and wasn't really surprised to see her with the same result despite the differing answers. She was created when I was entirely new to roleplaying, and as a result ended up mostly being myself, played to extremes for fun. While she's definitely diverged from me significantly in many ways since her origin, her core personality is still similar enough to how it's always been.