TarxUI

Comments

• Stratas said:
    I meant to upload a pic of what I've done to UI, since you asked back in, like, November. I've been working on prettying it up and stealing more stuff, though, so it too a while.

Still haven't quite decided on what I want in the empty box on the left. The little bubbles in bottom left are mostly balance icons (bal, eq, and beastbal, the psionic channels, tea def, and then one to show if I'm holding a damage shift, and one if my debate triggers are on). For my tabs on the left, there's hunting as shown, meld tracks demesne effect timers, tracking currently is just a list of mobs in room, and status is a redundant status output. Prolly gonna trash that, but again, no ideas yet to replace it.

Anyways, it's mostly built on your second release, tinkered and toyed and with random things added I either stole, repurposed, or somehow hobbled together.

I really love this UI... any chance you'd be sharing it?
  • ...Did you steal my GUI from Entropy in Aetolia? :|

Like, you didn't even bother to change the colour scheme or anything!

Okay, you added to it but still. Asking would've been nice :|

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It would appear to me that he borrowed the top bar and the content of the hunting tracker, built his own container for the latter by pulling from demonic chat, and stuck it in said container. If you're offering a UI for free to the general public, I wouldn't be surprised if people snag bits and bobs from it that are well done. Regarding the chat box, that'd be what I purloined, after talking with you in a thread about getting gmcp chat going. Believe I've given credit in the source, as well as mentioning in the thread that gmcp chat is working thanks to you.
  • Besides, anything released for free online, without an accompanying license, is automatically in the Public Domain, and anyone can do anything with it that they please.

Just an FYI: whenever you release code or otherwise into the public, ALWAYS have an accompanying license!

• Any idea why the Who Here box shows everyone in the room except members of New Celest?
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited February 2016
    Thing is Stratas hasn't even said he will be releasing it so as far as we know he made it for his own personal use. Even from a moral point of view I don't see what the problem is with not asking. I can understand if you wanted him to give you credit though.
  • Havastus said:
    Besides, anything released for free online, without an accompanying license, is automatically in the Public Domain, and anyone can do anything with it that they please.
    This is not true. Any copywritable work is automatically under the creator's copyright from creation, unless it's explicitly placed into the public domain.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    @Demartel it's an issue with ndb. Go back to page two or three, the fix is there.
  • Ieptix said:
    Havastus said:
    Besides, anything released for free online, without an accompanying license, is automatically in the Public Domain, and anyone can do anything with it that they please.
    This is not true. Any copywritable work is automatically under the creator's copyright from creation, unless it's explicitly placed into the public domain.
    Perhaps I have my terms mixed up then... You're right, you own the explicit copyright of whatever you create. However, if you release it out to the Internet, while someone else can't claim said work as their own, aren't the allowed to use it scott-free?

If not, then I definitely have my terms mixed up... :\

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Havastus said:
    Ieptix said:
    Havastus said:
    Perhaps I have my terms mixed up then... You're right, you own the explicit copyright of whatever you create. However, if you release it out to the Internet, while someone else can't claim said work as their own, aren't the allowed to use it scott-free?

If you release it to the public, they are allowed to use it, but you still own it. They can't modify it or redistribute it, though, because they don't own it. That's what things like the GNU GPL licenses do, give explicit permission to modify and redistribute code.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Havastus said:
    Ieptix said:
    Havastus said:

If you release it to the public, they are allowed to use it, but you still own it. They can't modify it or redistribute it, though, because they don't own it. That's what things like the GNU GPL licenses do, give explicit permission to modify and redistribute code.
    Probably just mixing up licensing terms then. Thanks for the clarification.

edited March 2016
    Latest work. Debating if I want to do a public release in a few color schemes. Though for non-warriors, I imagine the box under the people in the room isn't super helpful. But it was something to do with it. The status page, once I have it working, will be semi-useful. It'll have gauges showing your current warrior wounds (whee gmcp!) along with the affs that m&m think you have.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tark, that thing is amazing and badass. I understand if you don't want to publicly release it, but I've used all of your releases so far and I think this one is a huge improvement. I'd love to use it!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    When mudlet decides it hates your guts, and no coercing is going to make it change its mind.
  • Only tangentially relevant to the above, but did you ever get any good news about Vyzor in Win64?

Nope. Which makes me sad, really wanted to try it since it will auto resize.
    For those interested. I'm not supporting this, at all. If you have questions, figure it out yourself.

• this is my only and ONLY question about the hunting tracker and you dont really have to answer it but is the hunting tracker only for Demi-gods?
    It doesn't track experience, no.

I'll eventually update the release to have it automatically swap between XP for non demis and essence for demis.
  • I'll just cutt the essence part out
  • I just spent most the day setting this up but I like the dark layout it worked best with my computer.  I changed the background to Black cause the cyan was a bit much for my eyes, I definitely like it now, its a bit more Glomdoring with the pale green and golden colors on the black background, Salome totally cheered me up when she told me about this. I would love to have toggle-able schemes for sure, for some reason the alpha UI just didnt work for me but Dark does.
    It's a complete rewrite of the alpha. Like start from scratch with a pure, untainted profile rewrite. Might be why. I'll have another update up soon to fix the enemy vitals bars.
    And if anyone has a color scheme they'd like to see, give me a list of colors/a mockup/a text editor color scheme to pull from? Toggle able schemes I'm looking to put into the next next release.
  • edited March 2016
    Calesta helped me, thanks!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited March 2016
    Definitely trying this out now that there's more to it. Hearts for Tark.

(Also, if you want color ideas: http://www.colourlovers.com/, http://chir.ag/projects/name-that-color/. You could probably make them match, in a sense, the colour schemes of the m&mf echoes.)
  • So I've been trying to learn Geyser or Gui whatever it's called on wiki.mudket but I don't think it covers everything because there are some certain things that I wanna do but it's not listed there so down to the main question is there any good websites that can teach me?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Are the aniTimers and meld timers implemented and I'm just missing how to make them work? 
    edited April 2016
    It only has the pyro activation lines in triggers. You'll need to add your specs lines to it yourself. I've since posting this uninstalled mudlet, mush, and deleted my profiles. So I won't be supporting this any longer. Good luck.
    @Rolsandhttp://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4098 is where I cut my teeth. That, and a lot of breaking shit.
  • To be honest I really like tarx alpha as well as dark but there a couple of things I just wanna rip off of dark and slap onto alpha. I tried to kinda cut some parts of and add and change stuff but for some reason it fails.