Please help me understand why I am so squishy..

2»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    It's all been very helpful. Thank you everyone for sharing what you know and thank you person that sent me some extra kirigamis >.> <.<

About sipping percentages... with the extra healing I get from gems + auras, I find I have to go down to about 75% to make sure it (mostly) goes unwasted... might even have to go a bit lower once I get Alacrity... but I can tinker with it next time I go hunting

I do use the mm def screen, the mouse over thingy is nice

Last question: Anyone know about the candies Falmiis mentioned..? any more cheap ways to get that little bit extra boost would be very nice...
    beep
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited March 2016
    Yehn said:

Last question: Anyone know about the candies Falmiis mentioned..? any more cheap ways to get that little bit extra boost would be very nice...
    https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/CurioCandies

BTW, the health blessing from the scarlet candy is 1/3 these days. I will note that this blessing still overlaps with/replaces quest blessings, like Tosha and the Urlach Throne. Athletics weathering is 1/2, godrealm health blessing is 1/2, and infused food is 1/3, which are about the only things you'd run into issues with stacking with it (and I really doubt you'll have that issue). So if you're feeling lazy and don't want to quest, but can find scarlet candies for sale, you might just as well get those. Otherwise Tosha is 1/4 for h/m/e and Urlach Throne is 1/5 for h/m/e.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and since DMP is now gone I'm pretty sure the resistance candies are 1/5 to their respective type. I'll have to double check when I get home tonight, though.

• Yehn said:
    Rancoura said:
    Also I would personally suggest raising your sip percentages a bit higher. I was bashing linked Astral in the mid-80's, and setting my health sipping around 90%, scroll around 70% and sparkle around 60% probably helped a lot.
    Ok, I'll try those, thanks for the suggestions
    Twytch said:
    It's possible, with the Overhaul, that some sorts of damage have become wildly more damaging, though.
    Hmm. Rawari hit me for over 3k, regular garuls for up to around 2k... does that seem overly high?
    I wouldn't be messing in dio if you're having issues elsewhere. I often have demis asking me to help them in dio. Especially, as you didn't have kingdom up. That's a place where the bleeding really stacks up.
  • Vivet said:
    Yehn said:

https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/CurioCandies

BTW, the health blessing from the scarlet candy is 1/3 these days. I will note that this blessing still overlaps with/replaces quest blessings, like Tosha and the Urlach Throne. Athletics weathering is 1/2, godrealm health blessing is 1/2, and infused food is 1/3, which are about the only things you'd run into issues with stacking with it (and I really doubt you'll have that issue). So if you're feeling lazy and don't want to quest, but can find scarlet candies for sale, you might just as well get those. Otherwise Tosha is 1/4 for h/m/e and Urlach Throne is 1/5 for h/m/e.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and since DMP is now gone I'm pretty sure the resistance candies are 1/5 to their respective type. I'll have to double check when I get home tonight, though.

There are also the 'ghost' chocolates which can boost h/m/e.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    With bashing, you also generally don't want to be bashing in the most high-stress areas either. I've never bashed Dio, because it's just not worth it versus the risk. It's far better to bash an area where you're reasonably sure you aren't going to get splatted by bad luck or one missed cue. Either way you're in for the long haul, so consistency and avoiding those death penalties are key. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So, this might not be super helpful, but some things to look at:

***********************[ Bodyscan - Resistances Brief ]************************
    Topic          Mod 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Universal      10
    Blunt          13
    Cutting        13
    Magical        13
    Fire           13
    Cold           13
    Poison         13
    Asphyxiation   13
    Electricity    13
    Psychic        13
    Excorable      13
    Divinus        13
    *******************************************************************************

**************************[ Bodyscan - Resistances ]***************************
    Stat          Effect                                  Value   Max 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Universal     Infused food                            1       3
    Universal     Kirigami charm                          1       5
    Universal     Devout shield                           1       6
    Universal     Attunement                              2       6
    Universal     Cloud of contemplation                  1       7
    Universal     Turquoise crystal                       1       7
    Universal     Master of none                          1       10
    Universal     Blessed by the gods                     2       10
                    Total                                 10

*******************************************************************************

We're both Institute, and you should be able to access a lot of what I have there - some things are just less accessible than others. Devout shield would require being in a cult, attune is trans environment, master of none comes from being human, blessed by the gods requires either a truefavour or argleblaster to be active. Still, that is just -universal- options. Getting as many of these as possible helps to really fill in the whole where each resistance type has its own buffs.

• edited January 2019
    -