Absence Thread

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Probably done for good, or, at least, for a good long while. Catch you all on the flip side, or for the two minutes when I log in to activate the corn.
  • Lavinya said:
    So I said I don't really know why I play anymore, and it was suggested that I just don't. So! Going AWOL, see you on the flip side.
    Some people are losers who feel the need to try and make everyone else as miserable as they are, don't listen to them!
  • edited April 2016
    Short Absence Rant:

I haven't been playing lately due to the usual hibernation of school starting, and me being afraid I'll just ignore everything in favor of Lusternia.  I've only been checking up on messages and paying shop taxes.  That's not the only reason I've stayed away.  Mostly I'd been feeling pretty useless in game (despite many amazing things that happen to Gabriella), and I wasn't sure what to do with myself.  It's a little sad when your character starts to reflect your life IRL.  I feel useless.  I don't know what to do with myself.  I'm self-destructive and yet happy, thank Gods, for my one super shiny bright point that is my boyfriend (yes, I know this is cliche).  Anyway, I felt the need to explain why I still haven't been around, and to thank those that are waiting patiently for me ( @Maylea here's looking at you, I've STILL got that letter...) and hopefully I'll feel invigorated enough to start playing again.  I *want* to play, understand, to vent and escape for a while from my petty troubles IRL (seriously petty when I reflect on them - I don't suffer from depression, but I do get anxiety over the stupidest things or emotional over the stupidest things), especially on a day like today, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

TL;DR I'll be around when I can, if anyone is missing me.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • edited April 2016
    I 'killed' off my character sometime back. Xeria the character has been officially dead for a few RL months now.  :D

Xeria as a character wasn't going anywhere, and I had no will to make anything new. I don't think I'm ever coming back to play but I will lurk on the forums, because you guys are a funny bunch!
    is dead like the dodo
  • So I have not been on for a couple weeks but it might be longer. I hurt my back and have nerve pain in my left arm, my fighting arm. I'll probably pop in now and then but long term playing isn't happening until I get things under control.
  • edited April 2016
    Feel better soon!
  • For the past 4 days I've been at a residential school for 2 of my internal subjects. I've been popping around here and there but I'm mostly not here at all and when I am I'm pretty buried in work and stressed. I should be back again in about 4-5 days.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I'll be in New Orleans starting tomorrow until Monday. I won't be available, because I'll be hammered.

Last time I got super drunk and logged on, I woke up a Pyromancer. Cheers!
  • I'll still be around, just not on Ulalah as much. For Glom, I'll still be logging in long enough to update the project and everything. Love and hugs.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2016
    Ulalah said:
    I'll still be around, just not on Ulalah as much. For Glom, I'll still be logging in long enough to update the project and everything. Love and hugs.

I hope this isn't related to recent political goings-on.

Edit: Well, after reading Tweets, apparently it is. I'm sorry, Ulalah. I hope you know that your character is much valued, despite what someone else might say.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Ulalah said:
    I'll still be around, just not on Ulalah as much. For Glom, I'll still be logging in long enough to update the project and everything. Love and hugs.
    Whaaaaaat? :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited April 2016
    Rancoura said:
    Ulalah said:

I hope this isn't related to recent political goings-on.

Edit: Well, after reading Tweets, apparently it is. I'm sorry, Ulalah. I hope you know that your character is much valued, despite what someone else might say.
    I love Ulalah as a character and as a person, and I do value your character. I'm not sure how I come into this, but I have never said anything negative to you as a character or OOCly other than regarding the political confusion, which I hoped I could sort out with you. I'm sorry.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Taking a break for a little bit, if I can actually manage to stay away. All the best :)

Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Gabriella said:
    Short Absence Rant:

TL;DR I'll be around when I can, if anyone is missing me.
    @Gabriella 's brother misses  her!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Starting Monday, I'll have two subordinates going on vacation at the same time. This means I'll have no days off at all for the next half-month while I pick up the slack. So if I disappear at some point during that span, then hey! You all know why.
    edited April 2016
    Rancoura said:
    Taking a break for a little bit, if I can actually manage to stay away. All the best :)

Revising this to not playing for the foreseeable future. Thank you @Narynth, @Crek, @Xenthos, @Kregarn, etc for all the help and support lately, @CyndarinAscends for your words the other day, @Salome for being my Night-lady-ally, and @Siam for the encouragement. And of course @Everiine for the excellent enemy RP and @Falmiis, @Demartel and @Avurekhos for being civil other-side-of-the-battlefield-ers. Have fun, kids.

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Rancoura said:

Revising this to not playing for the foreseeable future. Thank you @Narynth, @Crek, @Xenthos, @Kregarn, etc for all the help and support lately, @CyndarinAscends for your words the other day, @Salome for being my Night-lady-ally, and @Siam for the encouragement. And of course @Everiine for the excellent enemy RP and @Falmiis, @Demartel and @Avurekhos for being civil other-side-of-the-battlefield-ers. Have fun, kids.

Well, darn. Gonna miss our banter, and my last head of Rancoura just decayed too.
  • Rancoura said:
    Rancoura said:

Aww, hope we see you again soon Rancoura :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Rancoura said:
    Rancoura said:

I was enjoying bloodthirsty Rancoura

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Nooooo. Murderous Rancoura was my favorite iteration of Rancoura so far (and they've all been great). Enjoy your time away, you'll always be one of the most fabulous SDs in my book.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Not just one of the most fabulo8us SDs, one of the most fabulous players and RPers in the game.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Well obviously that's implied since the SDs are the most fabulous players in the game.
  • edited April 2016
    It's... a little bit aways, but for anyone that might care, when this comes out expect me to disappear the way DS3 is eating people now.
    @Vittari ...Maybe start the contract before then...^^;
    beep
  • I'm going to poof for a little bit. 
    I don't know when I'll be back. 
    Thanks.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I should note that I'm currently traveling for work and dealing with terrible internet and weird hours for the next two weeksish
  • So I've suddenly been very busy with the process of getting a new job, attempting to train people to replace me at my current job, and maybe moving? Sorry anybody I've kind of left hanging for the last week or so
  • Minimal presence for a few more days, most likely.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2016
    My work's staffing situation has not improved, and when I get home from my shitty hours I find myself drawn more to the tinkering/engineering of Factorio than the social/creative aspects of Lusternia. Sorry for my scarcity, especially to the people waiting on writing assignments from me. The only writing I have energy for is my erotic furry author-insertion Star Trek fanfic.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    DIVORCE DARAIUS CONFIRM.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."