Level Guide to Influencing

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
edited May 2013 in World Library
Bringing this over from the old forums; it's desperately in need of updating - so please do post with your suggestions and I'll edit them in here. I've already thrown a few things in myself. I would do the hunting one as well but I don't have as much experience of it - someone else should bring that over!

It should be noted that the levels given will vary wildly depending on your stats. A Warbling Trill will be doing totally different things to, say, a Loboshigaru. Equally it will vary depending on what level your Influence skill is at, and what influence type you use on things etc.

I may well have gotten thing epically wrong, because I'm used to having 24 cha at the drop of a hat and spent most of my midbiehood with at least 21. So I'm not the best judge of what things are like if you're a bit lower. Please just let me know if I've massively misjudged things - some of them are actually just guesses because it's so long since I tried them at lower levels.

Influencing by Level

1-20

Newton Caverns
Generic Villagers (Note: from 15+)

21-40

Generic Villagers
Tosha Monastery (Note: this is speedy for gold even past level 40 - level 40 is just the point where the XP gain tails off quickly in comparison to, say, guards)
Ruins of Shallach (Note: Upper level/orcs only at this point)
St Gathlyn's Orphanage
Tolborolla Valley
Serenwilde Faelings (Shop area)
Scholars/Pilgrims/Bards (Note: Influence them and then bring them in to your org!)

41-60

Named Villagers
City/Commune Guards (Note: these are great until the early 70s, where they tail off very sharply)
Crumkindivia
Clarramore
Faethorn - Maeve Gardens/Fae Knights
Grey Moors
The Isle of Nyalia
Carai Caroo
Arthar'rt Observatory
Lucidian Mesa Compound
Dracnari Nomad Camp
Ruins of Shallach (Note: Lower levels)
Snow Valley (Note: Watch out for cats!)

61-80

Kephera Hives (Note: Exercise caution in getting here! Glance/squint FTW)
Illithoid Prison (Note: Exercise caution in getting here! Glance/squint FTW)
Kryden Valik
Chancel (Note: You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Not flame warriors at this point.)
Hyfae
Godrealm Mobs
Caoimhe Dell
Wyrdr Glade (Note: Watch out for the fae who get a bit grumpy and attack when you beg them)
Meliashmora
Cay of Cloadahi (Note: Can affect the Celest sea battle conflict, avoid if there is fighting going on)
Ethereal Plane - Ladies/Daughters
Other Aetherbubbles
i'Xiia Asylum (Note: You need to be able to influence undead for a lot of these).
Taerin Passages

81-100

Icewynd
Lirangsha
Chancel - Dwarven Flame Warriors
Faethorn - Honour Guards, Named
Kephera Hives
Illithoid Prison

Comments

• The spheres in the Cay of whatyamacallit. The one in the inner sea. They are great essence and esteem and there are 50 of them in a small area. Maybe the 61 to 80 range for level?

I should note that influencing them can bork up the celest side of the sea battle conflict quest so if there are a bunch of people there fighting on the island you might want to come back later.

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Cloadahi?
  • Yep, that's the one

Added, thanks! :)
  • Maeve Gardens and Fae knights 40+
    Ladies/Daughters of the Etherforests 60+
    Honour Guards, Maeve/Laeroc 80+

The Grey Moors and those researchers under the Sea of Despair maybe 40+?

Kind of a wild guess for the level ranges as it's been a long time, and I think the Moors got stronger at some point, maybe, but most of these were part of my regular circuit by level 70 or so.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Added those all in - thanks! :)
  • Riluna said:
    Maeve Gardens and Fae knights 40+
    Ladies/Daughters of the Etherforests 60+
    Honour Guards, Maeve/Laeroc 80+

The Grey Moors and those researchers under the Sea of Despair maybe 40+?

Kind of a wild guess for the level ranges as it's been a long time, and I think the Moors got stronger at some point, maybe, but most of these were part of my regular circuit by level 70 or so.
    I think the only thing that got harder in the moors was hunting, since they team and call guards now.  Influencing is likely the same as it used to be (?)
  • I highly recommend sending an interested novice to the Gardens, by the way, even if they're not there for the quest. And if they are, just don't give the token to Dandelion unless they're wiccan. 

The flower fae's reactions are different for each successful influence type, and they're all ridiculously cute. It would be amazing if more mobs had reactions like they do.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."

• Tacita said:
    41-60

Named Villagers
    City/Commune Guards (Note: these are great until the early 70s, where they tail off very sharply)
    Bubbles
    Clarramore
    Faethorn - Maeve Gardens/Fae Knights
    Grey Moors

-------
    Which are the named villagers?
    Ones with names! For example, Magda in Angkrag - as opposed to 'orc soldier'. :)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    This is great! I've been meaning to actually get work done on the lore wiki, do you mind if I poach this list?
    Go ahead :)
  • Originally I read this as "named villages", and I kept thinking "But... all the villages have names".

Anyway, from the top of my head, it is my experience that all bubbles but Crumkindivia are harder than the Kephera and Illithoid.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    I'll put Crum where Bubbles are now then and bump the others up. I thought that might be the case but couldn't remember precisely. Thanks!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Should note with the Chancel, please be careful of the Grues in the maze area. Especially as a few Flame Warriors like to wander in there.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

It's already noted.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tacita said:
    It's already noted.
    Ah missed that, I only saw Chancel with the Flame Warriors.

Also in the 90+ region, the guards in the Waste Facility (as well as one of the zombie types apparently for Liches/Crowcloak sorts) can be done.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2013
    The Isle of Nyalia
    Carai Caroo
    Arthar'rt Observatory
    All 40-60 in level range, probably.

i'Xiia Asylum, probably 60+, but you need undead influencing for most of them.

Starting to remember a few more as I play a bit. There could possibly be a few more I recall in the next couple days. I'm sure this list isn't quite comprehensive yet, but it's looking good. :)

Added those in, thanks!
  • Edited in a couple more, in case you didn't notice.

I didn't, but they're all in now :)
  • Lucidian Mesa Compound
    Dracnari Nomad Camp
    41-60?

Ruins of Shallach - I want to say would be 30-40, but I could use some help placing this one. I haven't bothered with it in years.

I've put it at 21-40 for now, if anyone tries it and says it's actually harder it can be moved :)
  • If you mean ruins as in the regular orcs, then 21-30 is fine. The troopers on the lower level, though, could be placed in the 50-60 range.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Taerin Passages 61-80

Updated with all of those, thanks both :)
  • The Mutated Mutts in the sunken manor, in the middle of the blasted lands. Somewhere around the upper 40-50 range I think. (or the early 60)
    is dead like the dodo
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xeria said:
    The Mutated Mutts in the sunken manor, in the middle of the blasted lands. Somewhere around the upper 40-50 range I think. (or the early 60)
    Wait, what... wouldn't those be ecology only or something?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ecology? I have no idea what you're talking about. I hunted these mutts with shofa
    is dead like the dodo