What Does Your Character Sound Like?

PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris.Circumstances
I remember this thread being on the old forums some years ago, and I thought it was a lot of fun hearing what people imagined their character's voices sounding like. I looked around and didn't see one on these forums, so I figured, why not give the topic a revival? It's been a few years, and it's always cool to have voices to put to characters. So...

What does your character sound like? 

For myself, the closest thing to how I imagine Phoebus' voice is probably Dr. Hutchinson from Rocko's Modern Life.

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I am all for another round of this. Here's the old one for reference.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ulalah sounds like a gibbering version of Audrey from the Little Shop of Horrors.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    I am all for another round of this. Here's the old one for reference.

Oh, a newer older one! I must have missed that. There was one back in like...2011? Which is the one I was thinking of.
  • Ulalah said:
    Ulalah sounds like a gibbering version of Audrey from the Little Shop of Horrors.
    Audrey or Audrey II?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Audrey. Nasally and slappable. Audrey II is too sexy for Ulalah
  • edited April 2016
    If anything...

Yep, that about sums it up
    I thought about this now that Ulalah has clarified and im like oh god they are siblings.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've been watching a lot of Polar Bear's Cafe (just six episodes left :( ) and I think Shirokuma-kun's benevolent, unperturbed cadence is a good fit for Daraius. It's wicked hard to find a good clip from this show so you'll just have go watch it all to hear for yourself. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    @Ulalah @Scanlan So, what you're telling me is that I should cover my ears when I'm in Glomdoring? 
  • @Scanlan, obvs. They're the best siblings, too.

@Phoebus, BUT WE LOVE COMPANY! VISIT GLOMDORING, WHERE ULALAH LOVES EVERYONE! (And severed heads.)
  • Yes please, come visit! Although I suppose I could just come to Hallifax...

• Xenthos told me to leave Glomdoring back when I was still fairly new and was just looking at things in the forest :(
  • You didn't bring him a severed head. Now, say what Falmiis sounds like!
  • Shhh... @Rancoura - You are supposed to agree, thats how we get them to walk into our traps...
    I mean come promptly for our dinner parties...

I don't know how to make this not sound ominous
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I read "come to Hallifax" as "leave Glom for Hallifax" and was like "...no."

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Ulalah said:
    You didn't bring him a severed head. Now, say what Falmiis sounds like!
    I can never decide what Falmiis sounds like :(
  • Yarith and Falmiis have tried to convert me into one of those bookworm Shevat's, I humbly declined, I will just admire their charm from a distance.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Falmiis said:
    Ulalah said:
    You didn't bring him a severed head. Now, say what Falmiis sounds like!
    I can never decide what Falmiis sounds like :(
    Here, I'll pick one for you.

:D
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hmm. In my head, Sylandra talks a bit like Natalie Dormer's Margaery Tyrell from Game of Thrones. That calculating and nice combo, basically.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

• Scanlan said:
    Yarith and Falmiis have tried to convert me into one of those bookworm Shevat's, I humbly declined, I will just admire their charm from a distance.
    It's funny that you should say this because Yarith has got to be the least bookworm Shevat there is. Falmiis sees himself as a distant second.
  • I just tease anyways, every one of you I have met thus far is quite neat, I wouldn't mind stumbling across one of you outside battle and on your home turf.
  • Shedrin sounds a lot like Matrian Manhunter, in both voice and speech patterns. They're also both green.

There's been quite a few adaptations of the character, of course, but this is a quick example:

• @Zvoltz is totally Xerath from League of Legends.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    So... also Narud from Starcraft?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Salome as a Female:

Salome as a Male:

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sylandra said:
    Hmm. In my head, Sylandra talks a bit like Natalie Dormer's Margaery Tyrell from Game of Thrones. That calculating and nice combo, basically.
    Alternatively, Daisy Buchanan:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Chris O'Dowd