Justice Domoth Steal Attempt

Fairly chaotic on our side. Probably should have been more aggressive/not followed Aeden as much, and let him do his meld thing.

Highlight: Meteoring Cyndarin then dying right after.

Participants:
@Aeden, @Romaan, @Raeri, @Kreon, @Yarith, @Utasa, @Eicia, @Gero, Me

@Cyndarin, @Synkarin, @Xenthos, @Narynth, @Salome, @Cen, @Ilthilior, @Esca, @Cerin, @Scanlan, @Natya

Part 1
Part 2

Comments

• This was fun! Let's do it again some time. ;)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Dear Americans,

Can you guys not always fight only when I'm not able to?

With love, 
    Falmiis
  • I missed the last few revolts, flares and misc fights, so this is fair! :P
  • Gods, the amount of aeon. Ugh.

Also, gods, that inferno damage. Ugh.

• MUAHAHAHAHAHA METEOR!!!!
    See you in Sapience.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Highlights: Paranoia on Celina making the meld hit everyone. That was fun.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm pretty ready for the focus stuff to be enabled. 

Both times I got stuck and died it's because dust cured something other than asthma. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    They already have Crocodile, Bozo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I got hit with paranoia just before my inferno, then my inferno killed Aeden and I got hit by his revenge domoth, then Gero balestoned and burnt out my forcefield.

Then I died to meteor because I had no forcefield. 

8-X
  • P.S. I think the reason you ended up losing is Aeden kept trying to plane the lone melder and running around on his own. He died a couple times all by himself. 
  • I know people definitely make it a point to stick paranoia on enemy melders when they can. I didn't do it much personally here except through some passives. When I'm Tarot or got a good constellation setup I do it more.
  • Shedrin said:
    I know people definitely make it a point to stick paranoia on enemy melders when they can. I didn't do it much personally here except through some passives. When I'm Tarot or got a good constellation setup I do it more.
    Yeah I've been seeing it more lately. In this case it was a really unfortunate phantom tic. I would've killed myself if not for forcefield, haha. 
  • Paranoia was actually surprisingly prevalent in this fight (see the angelic choir hitting allies, and Sidd's song backfiring because Raeri captivating the halli team). Was it a passive from one of your stones that got stuck on everyone because of lag or something?

• Possible sources of paranoia in the fight:
    Sapphire, Oracle, Aeromeld, Pyromeld, Starhymn thing, Phantom, Glamours, Minstrelry?, Moon tarot, poisons.

Probably some I missed.
  • edited April 2016
    I'm pretty sure it was mostly Sapphire/oracle from our side, unless Gero was throwing some sneaky Moon Tarot about. I was keeping up paradox the entire time so oracle may have been pretty contributing there.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I definitely used Oracle specifically hoping to proc paranoia.
  • Useful in this meta of lag, I guess. The only thing that'll counter being owned by an enemy meld in lag is paranoia to even the field.

• edited April 2016
    Based on my recent fights, I feel like it's becoming too easy to overload the target and land paranoia. Or perhaps it's things like oracle and avenging angel and what not that last a really long time, and tic with 2 masked affs each time. 

Within the first couple of rounds, I'm doing nothing but sitting one room out, spam curing off the passive affs I continue to accumulate and am rendered really non functional. I have to spam diagnose just for paranoia and wait. It encourages hide and range attack tactics which, I think, are stupid boring. 

I don't know if there's an envoy solution for it, perhaps a change to how paranoia functions. It's just really frustrating/not fun to be a melder when your counter is everyone loading you up with set it and forget it style passive skills. 

Also: being a melder blows. Can we delete melds yet? I'd love to play something else, but it's not realistic. Every org needs dedicated melders for the sole purpose of countering the other side's melder(s) and it sucks to play that way. 

Also2: Researchers are nuts. Aeon, passive aeon, passive curing, passive healing, amazing group damage, tarot. I don't think they have a weakness. 
  • I find the same issue, as a pitter, with SD. I don't know which ent gives Paranoia, but it seems to hit more often than anything else. I spend most of my time curing paranoia and checking my enemies to make sure an ally didn't get enemied, lately.

Does SD have the same issue as ancestral curse where one of their afflictions was changed to paranoia, so now they have a double chance to hit with it, or have I just been seriously unlucky the last while? I will note that it is only recently that paranoia has been hitting so often. I never noticed it hitting as often up until about 2 weeks ago, so I don't know if that's a thing or not.
  • Slaugh can give paranoia. It's 1 of 3 affs I believe it delivers at random ( I think it's 3). 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I think Oracle only lasts 15 seconds, but I could be wrong.

I think that resolving the lag issue that has been cropping up since before this year's Ascension will solve the aff overload problem.

• Oracle lasts longer than that. It hits pretty slow though, every 17s.

Lag definitely hurts. You can suss out some points where I lagged in the log if you pay attention.

I am a bit worried about how affliction spam is gonna be when focus is removed. It'll probably have to be looked at on a case by case basis.
  • Yeah it definitely wasn't just oracle. It was Oracle plus phantom plus avenging angel etc etc etc and suddenly you're bogged down while no one is actually hitting you. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Just assume paranoia when you're hit by oracle/etc then. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2016
    Little secret tip, you can trigger UNENEMY ROARK when hit by an ability that gives hidden paranoia. It'll give a symptom line you can use to tell if you got it.

Technically it shouldn't matter though since Oracle gives mostly slush affs now IIRC and just sipping slush when you get oracle should be sufficient.

Aff overloading is certainly a concern that'll be a bit more worrying with focus removal, but maybe the new focus will help with that.

Uniformly addressing things like this on an individual basis doesn't seem like a terribly realistic expectation though.
  • Rivius said:
    Little secret tip, you can trigger UNENEMY ROARK when hit by an ability that gives hidden paranoia. It'll give a symptom line you can use to tell if you got it.

Technically it shouldn't matter though since Oracle gives mostly slush affs now IIRC and just sipping slush when you get oracle should be sufficient.

Aff overloading is certainly a concern that'll be a bit more worrying with focus removal, but maybe the new focus will help with that.

Uniformly addressing things like this on an individual basis doesn't seem like a terribly realistic expectation though.
    Ooooh nice tip. Thank you!