The Shakespearean Mafia Thread - Sign-Up (for Auditions)! CLOSED!

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited April 2016 in Mafia Hideout
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players." 
-Jacques, from "As You Like It" by William Shakespeare

Greetings and salutations, one and all. We are delighted to have you at the Globe Theater for a special Mafia Rendition of the Bard's finest characters from his collection of theatrical works. From tragedies to comedies, historical plays and romances, it is our hope to provide a unique experience of the characters who keep Shakespeare alive on the modern stage. Don't be alarmed if any blood is spilled in the process; after all, it's just a splash of culture!

What role shall you play? Hero? Villain? Only the final casting call will tell!

We are, as always, eager to see new faces upon the stage. Should you be interested in taking part, please sign up below. Remember - space is limited, but understudies are always welcome!
1. Tremula (as per sign-up thread discussion)
2. Dylara
3. Eldanien
4. Cyndarin/Celina/???
5. Thul
6. Rolsand
7. Shaddus
8. Vivet
9. Krackenor
10. Maylea
11. Siam
12. Ieptix
13. Alary
14. Othero
15. Luce
16. Lavinya

(If you have any concerns about the flavour, feel free to bother me. Happy mafia-ing!)

Understudies(Back-Ups):
1. Synkarin
2. Ssaliss
3. Silvanus
4. Ellowyn
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• I'd like to join now that school's done I should be more active. On the flip side, if there's a lot of interest please let someone who hasn't played more recently ahead of me. :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Please count me in.  My plea - I've yet to be able to participate in a mafia game, ever, outside of a couple of Vengeance games in Lusternia.

• Dunno if anybody has reservations ahead of me, but I'd like in.
  • I'll like to join but I don't know the rules or how to play
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    DO YOU BITE YOUR THUMB AT ME, MA'AM?

I'll play.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    In spite of being very busy very soon, I'm joining on principle. Woo.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'll join

but if we need space for people that haven't played, I'll bow out

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Mememememe
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'm in, but take me out if someone who hasn't played recently wants a go. I don't know Shakespeare anyway so I'm probably just gonna be flailing around anyway.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Sure, I'm in.
  • Am I too late? Put me in coach
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm in as a reserve, if needed. I've been in 3 in a row though, and 4 of the last 5, I think.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes please?

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I actually think it's good to mix new and experienced players! It's better that way. Keeps things fresh and interesting.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Aha! And Lavinya closes the thread!

I'll try to start the game tomorrow night EST. In the meantime if anyone else wants to be on the waiting list, let me know! I'll put you in reserve for if anyone has to quit. I have--as we saw in the poll--plenty of mafias left where this one came from (and so does Kira and Ieptix and a bunch of other folks) so if you missed this round, no worries. I promise there will be more!

Re: when you get the roles, I can't hit every Shakespearean character obviously in a mafia game but I hope the variety is fun enough for those who are fans, and that the set-up is accessible enough for those who used SparkNotes in school. Again if you have any questions let me know! More to come tomorrow.
    Daraius said:
    Hey guys! We do have two people in queue who haven't played Mafia on the forums yet, so if anyone wants to abstain let me know. (Also pinging @Tremula since I'm not sure I pinged her earlier)
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'll abstain this round

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I can step down too. I've played 4/5 mafia games anyway, so might as well sit one out.
    Your sacrifices will be remembered in the next mafia game! I'll stick you in the queue just in case someone poofs.
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'll be a backup if needed
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Shout-out to @Allyrianne for looking over my roles and helping make sure they're something approaching balanced and fun.

I'll be sending out roles now, so be patient and don't post anything until the official thread is open! Stand by.
    Daraius said:
    Okay slight delay, I took longer than expected writing a few role tweaks. I will get on this tomorrow; unfortunately I need to sleep now! Thanks for your patience, I promise it's nearly ready!

I'm holding out on sending roles officially until I'm ready to send out everyone's. I just overestimated myself tonight, woops.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited April 2016
    Forums on mobile was bugging, I'm very 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Sign me up to be a back up, damn I missed it!
    I wound up rushing through the role descriptions more than I wanted to but WE ARE IN BUSINESS. Roles should be received. Stand by for mafia thread.
    Daraius said: