You guys really need to post more logs (and discuss them for the purpose of enhancing the game)

edited September 2017 in Combat Logs
Domoth absolve (The perfect PVP experience):
WARNING: CONTAINS UNCLEANED CLAN TELLS AND ALL MY HIGHLIGHTS AND SPAM. AINT NO BODY GOT TIME TO CLEAN HTML

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/t31ndkc2l9juiaw/1.html?raw=1 (I was half way through fixing one of my functions and there's a typo there so lots of crystalspam. I fix it after this though)
2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wmwldgfi13355/2.html?raw=1 (lol)
3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya0m7c8pj4ieksj/3.html?raw=1 
4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/whtdjozm7nccw3l/4.html?raw=1
5. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u34yxkec590xbuq/5.html?raw=1
6. https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7v6tr74rgft7ku/6.html?raw=1
7. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlifa0s9etglx5w/7.html?raw=1
8. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jp8bvqoavmzsi5l/8.html?raw=1
 .5 https://www.dropbox.com/s/b32s0yuissnzvi8/8.5.html?raw=1
 .75 https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y2jy258znss5n2/8.75.html?raw=1

EDIT: Kindly don't focus me pls. I have 0 kill method and I don't do any dmg kthnx
(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
Yes I play games
Yes I'm a girl
get over it

Comments

• Not enough target calling. Need secondary and tertiary callers. Though Yarith being as tanky as he is (seriously, the only person to consistently survive the infernos), the secondaries are likely to die before he dies. But still.

Speaking of inferno, man, it's like Fillin is back in the game again.

Paranoia-ing the aeon-fielders might be a good idea. I think I might add that into my list of poisons to spam.

• The problem with calling aeon is that by the time my aeon calls get through they've already cured out of it. My latency to and from the server is about 0.3, and that's before it gets back to people to react to. I have no timed instas and the window for me getting malefact in is pretty slim alone. I guess I can spam more.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ymuli needs to blankchord and captivate. Also, did nobody think to track down Cyndarin during all this and smack her down?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Don't worry, of all the people that have to be worried about aeon not sticking on the target, you're probably not going to be one of them. Between malefactgem and your allies' passive aeon/asthma, chances are, even if your target cures out of it, they'll be in it again by the time people's brains read and process your call out.

Besides, the strength of aeon isn't in being stuck in there forever (that's a death sentence, anyway), it is of the precious few seconds of delaying curing anything while the aeon (or asthma) is being cured. Letting your allies know and get a sense of how long a target is under aeon, or has been under aeon, or how often he's getting aeoned, is important in letting them gauge what attacks to go for. Most importantly, it can also help lower over-aeoning. If I keep hearing Sidd call out someone being aeoned, I'm not going to start aeoning that unlucky bastard - Sidd's got him covered, I'll start aeoning someone else. Aeon calls are also a target priority confirmation. It urges, indirectly, teammates to start killing the dude who's getting aeoned. If people see the enemy melder's name and the aeon call on them - they're going to start piling in with damage attacks in a hurry to get that guy out of the way.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Uh. You can only track Pyros in their meld if you have a map -- granted, the domoth hub is a very limited place to hide. But you have to realize this was a fully pitted, fully melded, fully TA'd endeavour, and Cyndarin is by no means easy to kill.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    11:20:01 [H:93%|11512][M:99%|12192][E:100%|10800][p:7(60)][19.86m]e
    Romaan has been burned to death by Infernus Cyndarin.
    You see the death occur at a burning desert. (?)
    The burning pyres of incandescent fire suddenly erupt and coalesce into a roaring inferno. The
    inferno twists like a white hot tornado and you scream as it engulfs you, searing the flesh from
    your bones.
    Your flesh is charred, and you receive second degree burns.
    Ymuli has been burned to death by Infernus Cyndarin.
    You see the death occur at a burning desert. (?)
    You are no longer immune from stun. (1.403s)
    11:20:01 [H:22%|2814][M:99%|12192][E:100%|10800][p:7(60)][19.86m]e(sip health|read 250970|recharge

What's 13/13's buff  to damage again? 39%?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2016
    Also, we used to call out Aeon, but certain people complained about the spam. So now we don't.

• edited April 2016
    the only reason I'm making it out so much is because I bought both the curio and a level 3 rune to push me up. That's with level 12 fire resist. Most people on our team don't have that, understandably.

Just as much as most people won't have 13 fire buff. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I discovered a bunch of broken highlights and aliases today which was great. And I need to remember that tumbling/forced movement etc makes me lose my fae. Gotta recall them more often. 

Ymuli never enemied me which made my life much easier. 

And going from those clan tells there was only one notable Debbie Downer among the group. @Yarith go you. I loved seeing your positivity and efforts to organise your group. Definitely an awesome attitude (and why I think you're the cat's meow <3 ).

• edited April 2016
    Looking back, I think a lot of people are quick to forget that a lot of the things they complain about are from people who are maxed out in the game and who have a lot of experience. Min/Maxing, both with stats and with experience makes all the difference. I mean.. It's runes and masteries in a League game.

Two people can play the same champion and they would be entirely different games, despite the exact same conditions in the senario. When you expect to face people who are maxed and base your entire experience of skillsets/damage on max vs mediocre, you're not going to get a clear picture of what the skills and damage are like. 

EDIT: This goes the other way too. If you're maxed you might think that your damage might not be a big deal when it actually is significantly more impactful than your causal counterpart. You might also be under the impression that something is hurting you more than it is because you're used to being hit harder by someone with more commitment.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Be flattered we target you. Gotta cut the head of the dragon off. Kill the leader, kill the group.
  • Information like that is not a bad thing, it lets the people you're fighting with know what's going on with the target and then they can adjust their strategies accordingly. I would ignore people who complain about spam, combat is spammy.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I try to call everything so people know what is happening to the target, even if someone else calls aeon if I see it I call it as well. I also tend to repeat the target called. Some people do complain though about the spam and I think one of the news posts in the clan says something along the lines of "stop calling out everything that happens, we don't need to know that information".

Call it anyways. If I see someone calling my target is aeoned or prone or paralysed or sapped or dead I can react to it either manually or reflexively.

Will try and find a log, where my shit is not broken and I am actually doing something other than spamming headslam, to post.
  • I threw down a couple of meteors and aeons but upon checking, my call-outs weren't working :< This has been rectified.
    See you in Sapience.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You only need to be calling things for the group to capitalize on. 

Like judge, call out when you seem Azula judging and focus on hindering the bezeesus out of that target so they die. Or if you see Twytch meteor. Hinder and damage so the meteor finishes the target off.

You don't need to be calling everything, like (no offense Demartel) prone or paralyzed is probably too much, warriors should have that line highlighted anyway. But aeon, sap, death, vitality hits etc should be things that people call out so you can capitialize on those. If they hit vitality, you know they're low, so damage them out. If you see aeon, throw asthma or stuns or damage. Death is good so people switch targets. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I think I am the only person in the clan that calls out the target is dead and switch to a new target.

I don't actually call out for prone and paralyse. I was just using them as examples. I do call aeon, sapped, vitality, pitted, impaled/pin charge, target enter/exit room, tumbling, death, and if I carry a target to a room I call out the room though. My system tracks prone and paralysed of my target so my venom choices/attacks can sort out what to do.
  • I'm a bad PKer, I don't call out anything except when I barrier. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2016
    It's also a great idea to call out anytime your forced movement hits targets. I do this for treelife, cudgel raising, and effects like tornado/land. I do also make these avoid hitting my own target, but it's usually useful to know when other people are affected also. 

Having a chatbox and routing both combat clan tells AND highlights to that box (or some other box outside of the flow of text) is a really really great idea that helps keep clear on what's going on. Solves spam problems neatly. 
  • edited April 2016
    Wrong thread.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Just want to say thanks!

I love reading logs.  I know it takes courage/selflessness to expose your actions to criticism also.

One thing I would note - why do you crystalspin ruby?  I feel like almost anything else would be more useful in group combat.  Example: Shieldstun/more aeon spam / lust / DAMAGE / asthma.

I think people would go down much faster if you change ruby spam to balestone or even just point scalpel.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited April 2016
    The first fight I definitely shouldn't have, I admit. Usually when I start spinning rubies I've resigned to the fact that I don't think what remains of my team is likely of getting a kill through other methods. If I'm alone I'll start spinning rubies too 'cause it's my more reliable kill method when versing more than one person. I guess it mostly comes down to impatience on my end because if I feel like I've been hindering someone for x seconds and they aren't looking like they're going to die at all, I have to do something to make them die. Hindering is great but if none of your targets die then you haven't achieved anything.

I'm pretty sure I only spin rubies in the first and second logs and maybe one of the last ones. When there's me and a melder who isn't going to live for much longer, I'm not sure what else I am supposed to be doing.

I guess pointing blaster is probably always going to be better than rubies. Just my exco damage is traaaash.

Edit: Balestone is simply too expensive for me to spam if I'm trying to keep all my squishies alive from inferno with mendingstone*/maintain paradox/foresight/alacrity/aeonfield/need to use shockstone.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yeah. I need to stop spinning ruuuubiiiieeesss.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As an aside, this is how I imagine any researcher doing any sort of special gem attack like malefact gem.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited June 2016
    The perfect 'offpeak' raiding experience:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scd04jwoo6dyejv/AcknorScuffle.html?raw=1  (in which I think I'm a harbinger and can kill people with minorsixth without d/chord 1v1 :( )

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Logged in to express my appreciation for you doing this, Yarith. Definitely productive as opposed to whining and complaining which certain people do.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Seriously. I love reading any logs, but Yarith's in particular make me happy.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.