Tarkenton is Given a Task

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Posted because everyone needs more @Domo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
You read what is written on a letter covered in a plethora of minute birds:
High Chief,
I know I am one known to all of your woods as a slayer of your siblings.
I know I have much to answer for, in that respect. I ask for the chance
to do so, in service to your home and your kin as a follower of Old Man
Bull and the Oak Whacher in time.
Any task, any price you name, I shall perform or pay. If such is not
within your responsibility, do not fret, I have also written to your
Warden as well.
In either case, no matter the outcome, I shall seek you out in time to
make reparations to your adopted people.
I eagerly await your response.
@Tarkenton d'Illici

A letter covered in a plethora of minute birds is holding:
Nothing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarkenton d'Illici glances around, nodding, before offering you a deep bow.

A fierce timberwolf raises his hackles and takes a step forward until Everiine lays a hand gently on his snout. The timberwolf falls silent and walks behind the old trill, peering out around his legs and watching you closely.

You say to Tarkenton, "Do forgive him. They are his brothers and sisters now, too."

Folding his wings to his back, you say to Tarkenton, "Letters such as yours are rare. I would like to know why you have sent it."

Tarkenton d'Illici says to you, "A oddity of the soul is all. It has been sent because I have entered into a bargain with the Lord Whacher. A part of this bargain, an implicit agreement, is that I serve and defend the Serenwilde with my life. To do so, I must repair that which I have damaged, if I am able. Or offer reparations instead."

Everiine fixes his old, emerald eyes on you and studies you for a few long moments. "Murder is a damage that cannot be repaired. It can, however, be atoned. Follow me."

Tarkenton begins to follow you.

Everiine leads you up the track and as you pass through the spear-lined gap, he pauses.

You ask Tarkenton, "When you were last here, what did you see?"

Tarkenton d'Illici looks at his surroundings, a frown etched on his face, before shaking his head. "My paws have never tread this path, High Chief." He pauses, then looks you in the eyes. "I hunted your brothers in the northern most reaches of your forest."

Everiine nods his head. "Then all the better for what I have in mind for you." He takes a few steps into the settlement and folds his wings. "Do you know their names?"

Ashamed, looking down at the ground, Tarkenton d'Illici says, "I recall the name Tokota, I think. But no, High Chief, I do not. I did not care to learn whom I murdered for sport."

Without looking back at you, you say, "We rarely do. Though I have rarely stepped in the wood of the south, I did earn a mark of enemy." He turns and returns to your side. "You will learn them as you complete your task in the future."

Tarkenton follows you east.

Tarkenton follows you east.

Tarkenton follows you north.
Before a lone statue.
Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. A thick cover of clouds
obscures the sky in a sheet of dense white. Tall stiff grasses sprout up in this secluded portion of
the settlement, which is on the very edge of the commons of the herd. Small bunches of vibrant
wildflowers adorn the base of a large grey statue that stands here, with several overgrown patches
of yellow and violet flowers populating the grassy commons. Head proudly raised, the stone centaur
seems to gaze south with a special longing, his sturdy limbs tense with strange sadness.
Occasionally, the smoky fragrance of centaur cooking wafts in from the many dwellings in the area,
and the sound of the whinneying laughter of centaur colts drifts by on the wind. Domo Tenderhoof, a
young centaur, paws at the ground as if searching for something. A male centaur stands here solemnly,
 a noble expression on his face.
You see exits leading east and south.

Smiling at the young centaur, you say, "Hail, little brother." Gesturing to you, he says, "This is Domo, and he has a very important task."

Tarkenton looks at the young centaur and nods, bowing to the colt and saying, "Greetings Domo."

Domo Tenderhoof greets Everiine with a wide smile, his hand waving through the air. However, as soon as he sees Tarkenton, he freezes up - grows suddenly, and perhaps uncharacteristically given his age, shy.

Everiine Silvermoon steps in between Tarkenton and Domo, drawing the young centaur's attention. "Domo, I have a question for you. You are under no obligation to say 'aye'. Do you understand?"

Tarkenton watches, silent, while the old Serenguard speaks to the colt.

Showing that he understands, Domo Tenderhoof nods his head slowly.

You ask Domo Tenderhoof, "Tarkenton needs to atone for past amends, for he has hurt many in the petty rage of years past. I think it is appropriate that, for the lives he took, he should help our brothers and sisters mark the important moments of their own lives. Will you allow him to help you with your important work?"

You say, "Er... atone for his past misdeeds. One does not need to atone for their amends..."

Tarkenton smiles softly.

Blinking, Domo Tenderhoof says, "Um, if he wishes to help..." The young centaur's eyes flick to the tae'dae, paying attention to him with a careful look. "I-I guess so? If you think he can do it, that is."

Everiine puts a hand on Domo's shoulder and smiles, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Thank you, Domo. And we shall see; not everyone is able to do the work that you do. It will be a test in more ways than one."

Tarkenton offers a smile smile at the colt, before softly saying to the youngling, "Thank you, Domo, for the chance to assist you."

You say to Domo Tenderhoof, "It will be some time before he is able to assist you. I will send him to you when the time is right."

Showing that he understands, Domo Tenderhoof nods his head slowly.

You nod your head emphatically.

You say to Tarkenton, "Come with me, please." He turns to leave, then turns his head back to Domo with a smile. "You take care, little brother."

Tarkenton d'Illici nods at you, falling into step behind you.

Domo Tenderhoof waves goodbye.

As you exit the hills, you ask Tarkenton, "With whom are you speaking regarding your mark of enemy to the Seren?"

Tarkenton d'Illici says to you, "I have contacted the Marshall directly. He instructed me to seek out the various leaders on my own."

You say to Tarkenton, "I shall contact him and inform him of your task. Normally, you would have to clear your status with the Serenguard first before clearing your mark to the Seren. However, to help Domo with his task, you will need to be able to enter the wood. I will arrange it with the Seneschal. When it is done, I will contact you again. You will most likely have to clear all of your other marks, then clear your mark to the Serenwilde, and then finally clear your mark with my tribe."

With a slow nod, Tarkenton d'Illici says to you, "I understand, High Chief. It will, honestly, be a pleasure to assist Domo and learn more of his people's ways."

Grinning, you say to Tarkenton, "Do not be so quick in your elation. Domo's task is sacred and can be difficult; I am impressed by his skill, for one so young."

With a smile of his own, Tarkenton d'Illici says to you, "If it were something easy, High Chief, it would not be suitable atonement I think. As for his skill, I'll have to trust your word in that."

You nod your head at Tarkenton.

You say, "Then the Spirits guide you as you work on removing the rest of your marks. I will contact you after I have spoken to the Seneschal."

Tarkenton d'Illici says to you, "Thank you, High Chief. I will await your summons."

Tarkenton bows once more, before turning his paws to the east and starting down the road.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• Always love your logs, Everiine.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I wish I'd logged the other stuff that's been going on and the conversations with Tokota, Adushoc, Cataka, and Domo. But I keep forgetting to turn on logging and keep closing Mudlet before I remember to copy/paste :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.