The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited May 2016 in Mafia Hideout
Prologue:
Heroes and villains, both alike in dignity,
In fair Lusternia forums, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal pen of Shakespeare goes
A series of heroes and villains who take their life;
Whose misadventured mafia overthrows
Do with their death bury their scripted strife.

Greetings, players. A moment before we open the curtain and begin.

The Official Globe Theater Rules:
1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Sylandra)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.
12. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 48 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.

If you're unsure about how to play mafia, check this wiki, starting with this page, for the game mechanics. Have fun!

PS: I know the above prologue isn't in iambic pentameter because shut up. Meter is hard. :(

---

Our Cast:
1. Tremula [Lynched, Act III.i.]
2. Dylara [Blunt Trauma, Act I.ii.]
3. Eldanien/Synkarin [Stab Wounds, Act VII.ii.]
4. Cyndarin [Lynched, Act VIII.i.] - VILLAIN!
5. Thul [Stab Wounds, Act I.ii.] - Survivor
6. Rolsand
7. Shaddus [Stab Wounds, Act III.ii.]
8. Vivet [Lynched, Act II.i.] - Survivor (Disguiser)
9. Krackenor
10. Maylea
11. Siam [Suicide, Act I.ii.]
12. Ieptix [Lynched, Act VI, i.] - VILLAIN!
13. Alary [Lynched, Act IV. i.] - VILLAIN!
14. Othero
15. Luce [Lynched, Act V.i.] - VILLAIN!
16. Lavinya [Stab Wounds, Act V.ii.] - ???

Understudies:
1. Synkarin (replaced Eldanien)
2. Ssaliss
3. Silvanus
4. Ellowyn

HEROES (TOWN) WIN!
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited April 2016
    It is Act One
    Scene One: Day

16 players remain on stage.

It takes the verdict of 9 people to sabotage a fellow player from the stage.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Much excite! I am checking in. I am prepared to be all dramatic. Like so.

• All right, kids! Time to play.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Peace, and what, ho!

That's about all I remember, I think.

• Checking in. Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush stumble and fall. For it is the first Act.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Check in time. So it looks like this game is villians vs heros?
  • Haha, no kidding!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Checking in, got to say, I'm suitably impressed Sylandra. This is wonderful, and incredibly well thought out and created. Props to you, mad props. This makes my little Shakespearean heart burst with joy.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Popping in to say I do, in fact, have a pulse.
  • Also we should probably protect Luce so he survives more than one day! 

• I swear I'm not reading Shakespeare so I can refresh myself. Nope. Also too lazy to go get my books, so project gutenberg for the win.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dylara said:
    Also we should probably protect Luce so he survives more than one day! 
    I would appreciate that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Checking in!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So we are suppose to ask questions and lynch people to win right? And are we allowed to see who is on our side?
  • Alary said:
    I swear I'm not reading Shakespeare so I can refresh myself. Nope. Also too lazy to go get my books, so project gutenberg for the win.

I know Romeo and Juliet, vaguely. And maybe a bit of Macbeth. Everything else I'm Wikipediaing or hitting TVTropes. Like, right now.

Titus Andronicus: everyone dies. Horribly.
    Daraius said:
  • Hallo!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh gods, the first day Mafia post. UHHHHHH.

Twas the nizzle before Chrismizzle and all through the hizzle,
    not a creature was stirring, not even a mizzle
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

I promise that I am not a slanderous, anarchic, over-sized rodent this game.

I also suspect it will be just a matter of time before we have the mandatory day 1 debate: "To lynch, or not to lynch".

@Othero - It would seem that way! While I cannot speak for everyone else, ensuring all villains are eliminated from the stage is certainly within my script notes. I do find rule eleven interesting, however. That isn't just an accidental carry-over, is it? It may be, perhaps, that we may have to be careful of parties more inclined to personal ends.

Ah, and

You're all still with us, yes? Pray, let us have everyone speak!

#11 was fixed. The current version of it is correct. Ahem.
    Daraius said:
    Oh, okay. How pleasantly straightforward!
  • Hi! I just got home a little while ago, but I'm here! Heads up though; I cannot post on the forums using my phone for whatever reason (both mobile and normal sites), so unless somebody can think of WHY this started and how to fix it, I'm only going to be able to post evenings and weekends. I will be reading everything though, so post away.

Also, I'm going to Vote Tekora, since her ridiculousness in the last game still annoys me.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Is that like voting for Arcanis in the Los Alamos game?
    Sure. I will count that as a Vote None.
    Daraius said:
  • Nope, I insist that it carry forward into whatever her next game is.
  • I am here, yes.
    Krackenor said:
    Hi! I just got home a little while ago, but I'm here! Heads up though; I cannot post on the forums using my phone for whatever reason (both mobile and normal sites), so unless somebody can think of WHY this started and how to fix it, I'm only going to be able to post evenings and weekends. I will be reading everything though, so post away.

Also, I'm going to Vote Tekora, since her ridiculousness in the last game still annoys me.
    The editor on mobile is bonkers, but if you hit the "show source" button in the toolbar (looks like a piece of paper with red <> in the middle), you should be able to post that way. Note that because you're editing the html for the post directly, you have to add any linebreaks by explicitly typing out "<br>" in the editor, as all whitespace in html is condensed down to just a single space character, and bolding (for voting or whatever) has to look like "<b>Vote: blah</b>". It's a huge pain and the Vanilla forums make me sad, but it's still possible.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Yeah, I hate doing it but I hate the argument more. Vote: Nobody