The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• 20 people. We could speculate for a while on the setup, but we have literally nothing to go on right now. Not much for arguing without something on the table.

Vote: Nobody
  • ...16 people, not 20. How did I get 20?

Yeah, bed for me.
  • Yeah, first days are silly, they're literally best guess and since it's mostly bad guess I'm going with Vote:Nobody

I'll change my mind if something else comes up.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Welp, I'm the third person to vote for nobody, so my special power of winning the game is about to come out and then the rest of you are going to be on a lost-type show. (tease)

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Welp, I'm the third person to vote for nobody, so my special power of winning the game is about to come out and then the rest of you are going to be on a lost-type show. (tease)

Too bad you're the fifth? one :p

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Maths is hard. :(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ye Olde Vote Count:
    Nobody: Krackenor, Othero, Thul, Dylara, Tremula (5)

It takes 9 votes to advance to the next scene.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    We really don't like that Nobody. I have no arguments otherwise either way, though!

• edited April 2016
    Nobody is a jerk. Vote: Nobody. Not information information for me to make a decision on anything so.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    Whoooa, careful with the edits. You don't want to get smote! Remember, double post if your inner grammar nerd needs to acknowledge a typo or something.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Round of drinks are on me tonight! VOTE: NOBODY
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ieptix said:
    I am here, yes.
    Krackenor said:
    Hi! I just got home a little while ago, but I'm here! Heads up though; I cannot post on the forums using my phone for whatever reason (both mobile and normal sites), so unless somebody can think of WHY this started and how to fix it, I'm only going to be able to post evenings and weekends. I will be reading everything though, so post away.

Also, I'm going to Vote Tekora, since her ridiculousness in the last game still annoys me.
    The editor on mobile is bonkers, but if you hit the "show source" button in the toolbar (looks like a piece of paper with red <> in the middle), you should be able to post that way. Note that because you're editing the html for the post directly, you have to add any linebreaks by explicitly typing out "<br>" in the editor, as all whitespace in html is condensed down to just a single space character, and bolding (for voting or whatever) has to look like "<b>Vote: blah</b>". It's a huge pain and the Vanilla forums make me sad, but it's still possible.
    PROTIP: You can show source as many times as you need, I find it easier to just show source, enter in my spaces that way, and then go back to source to make sure everything is correct and tidy. This also works for just highlighting and hitting those tabs, then going back to show source. Show source is your friend, use it. I have never needed to use any of those html codes.

INNOCENT BYSTANDER.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shall I make it official? I think I shall. 

Vote Nobody.

• Maybe we should just begin games with night 0 if this is gonna become a habit.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Wow.  I just said hello, and now we're going into night.

• Vote: Nobody
    edited April 2016
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Nobody: Krackenor, Othero, Thul, Dylara, Tremula, Vivet, Alary, Shaddus, Lavinya, Maylea, Rolsand (11)

What ho! That's a no lynch!

---

Act One, in defiance of the feud established between the players on stage, opens with a lavish banquet. "Drinks! Drinks for all!" a merry voice shouts, and indeed many are imbibed as the players laugh and feast upon a vast array of fine foods. Surely some of you present have the purse for such expensive taste, and those who don't are relieved to be eating out of their pocket, shall we say. 

"Oi," one person shouts, slapping another player on the hand as they reach for their food, "don't edit your posts! Mend your speech a little, lest it mar your fortunes."

Yet for all the merrymaking between the parties, there is something grotesque in the laughter and the friendship displayed in this act. There's a dark glint in the eye of some present, a furtive whisper here and there behind the curtain. And a dark hour for dark deeds is approaching... faster, perhaps, than those here wish to acknowledge as the curtains close around them.

[Exeunt, all]

---

It is Act One:
    Scene Two: Night

You have forty-eight hours to send in your night actions. Act Two will being either when all actions are received, or the deadline is up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    HIIIIIIIII. Was on a holiday for 3 days, but I'm back! 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

The stage lights flicker, announcing that the night will end shortly! Indeed, all night actions are in.
    Daraius said:
    edited April 2016
    Act One:
    Scene Two: Night

"How oft when men are at the point of death
    Have they been merry! which their keepers call 
    A lightning before death. O, how may I 
    Call this a lightning? O my love! my wife! 
    Death, that hath suck'd the honey of thy breath, 
    Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty. "
    -Romeo & Juliet

What you first see before you is shocking, to say the least. Dylara's body lays prone upon the ground, cold and lifeless. Standing over her, Siam is seen, weeping. "Don't touch her!" he cries as the other players near. "Don't. Please." From his pocket, he procures a wicked dagger. 

"Thus, with a kiss, I die."

Sharp gasps erupt from the crowd, but to no avail as Siam plunges it deep within himself, his body serving as the dagger's new sheath. Both lay dead before you, their deaths somehow pointless and poignant both.

Dylara was... 

Juliet, a tragic heroine.

Alas, poor Juliet of House Capulet! The heroine of what may be Shakespeare’s most famous tragedy, if only for all the required reading lists that include it, she is doomed the moment she chooses to love Romeo, who is born to her rival house, Montague. The tale of these star-crossed lovers has inspired everything from the musical West Side Story, to a Baz Luhrmann adaptation starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. For a teenage girl who fell in love with a boy her parents disapproved of, you have certainly left your legacy on today’s culture.

Despite the “violent delights” that lead you to “violent ends,” as a heroine, Juliet is surprisingly resourceful and strong-willed for a teenage girl born to an aristocratic family. Your love and loyalty to Romeo may be boundless, but you are also remembered as one of Shakespeare’s most developed heroines, as your growth from a wide-eyed girl to a confident and capable young woman over the span of four days is considered one of the best characterizations of his early career.

You win when all villains are eliminated from the stage.

Star-Crossed Lovers: You may meet with your lover, Romeo, in secret every night. However, should one of you die, the other will kill themselves in suit. [Mason Power – Lovers]

Compassionate Capulet: You can ONCE passionately appeal to defend either yourself or your lover during the dayphase, preventing one of you from being lynched. To do so, Appeal for the innocence of Romeo or Appeal for your own innocence.[1-Time Governor Power - Limited to Romeo and Juliet]

---

Which, indeed, means that Siam was...

Romeo, a tragic hero.

Alas, poor Romeo of House Montague! The hero of what may be Shakespeare’s most famous tragedy, if only for all the required reading lists that include it, he is doomed the moment he chooses to love Juliet, who is born to his rival house, Capulet. The tale of these star-crossed lovers has inspired everything from the musical West Side Story, to a Baz Luhrmann adaptation starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. For a teenage boy who fell in love with a girl your parents disapproved of, you have certainly left your legacy on today’s culture.

As a hero, Romeo is a sensitive soul who feels all things, not just love, quite deeply. As opposed to the more level-headed Juliet, your intensity of passion leads you to make not just declarations of love, but also to challenge Juliet’s cousin, Tybalt, to a reckless duel in order to avenge the death of a friend. You are loyal, passionate, and unafraid of risk in a way that makes you a noble hero, though these “violent delights” can lead to “violent ends.”

You win when all villains are eliminated from the stage.

Star-Crossed Lovers: You may meet with your lover, Juliet, in secret every night. However, should one of you die, the other will kill themselves in suit. [Mason Power – Lovers]

Violent Delights, Violent Ends: You may, ONCE, duel a member of the cast during the dayphase, killing them instantly. This will end the dayphase without a lynch. To activate this, say "I challenge PLAYER to a duel!" [1-Time Daykill]

---

And yet, these were not the only bodies found at the night's conclusion, for a third lay in their midst.

Thul lays on the ground, stabbed and bloody, laughing hysterically as the other players arrive at his side. He shakes his head, giggling like a manic child, babbling incessantly:

"If we shadows have offended,
     Think but this, and all is mended—
     That you have but slumbered here
     While these visions did appear.
     And this weak and idle theme,
     No more yielding but a dream,
     Gentles, do not reprehend.
     If you pardon, we will mend.
     And, as I am an honest Puck,
     If we have unearnèd luck
     Now to ’scape the serpent’s tongue,
     We will make amends ere long.
     Else the Puck a liar call.
     So good night unto you all.
     Give me your hands if we be friends,
     And Robin shall restore amends."
    -A Midsummer Night's Dream

Thul was...

Puck, the trickster fairy.
    Sometimes called Robin Goodfellow, other times Sweet Puck, you are known for your playful whims and the delight you get in vexing others. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, you are one of the only characters who is present in just about every story arc, and whose actions influence everyone from the plight of the lovers, to the intrigue of the fairy court, to the theatrical workings of the rude mechanicals. Were your actions purely those of peace? Well, ok, perhaps not. But everything ended well enough, didn't it? Let's not waste time with details.

More to the point. Your master, King Oberon, has asked you to bring back tales of the mortal drama about to unfold on the Globe's stage. And there is nothing you enjoy more than making mischief! So what mischief will you concoct here? Time will only tell.

You win if you survive either when the villains or the heroes reach their victory. [Survivor]

Mischievous Sprite: Matchmaking is so passe these days. Lately you have much more fun switching mortals in the night. What a surprise it is to round the corner and find the wrong person in these games of murder and merriment! [Bus Driver Power - You can switch two players in the night, so that they each receive the actions targeted at the other. Ie, If you switch Thul and Sylandra, Sylandra receives whatever actions were targeted at Thul, and vice versa.]

---

As Thul slumps over, his hysterical laughter finally silenced once and for all, the players glance up at one another with mild panic. How quickly a troupe of sixteen has become thirteen. And how much quicker still the number twelve is approaching...

[Exeunt, all sans Dylara, Siam, and Thul]
    Daraius said:
    It is Act Two
    Scene One: Day

13 players remain on stage.

It takes the verdict of 7 people to sabotage a fellow player from the stage.

Daraius said:
    Well, that makes for a rough start. Romeo's vig is day phase only, so there has to be two people nightkilling. We'll probably need to assume there is a serial killer unless a more standard night-vig shows up (totally plausible, I'm thinking).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have a feeling that Thul switched me with someone last night. I could be wrong but I found myself mysteriously elsewhere, so it's what I presume happened. Perhaps it saved me! Who knows. But ouch this is a rough first night. Talk about tragedies.

I don't have anything particularly helpful to add at this time, sadly. Hopefully someone with an investigative type power will have a hunch we can pursue.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What's really going to suck is if we find out he switched you with Dylara, and we lost two people instead of one :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Uhhhhhhh

I'm lost. These roles are complicated
  • So I'm assuming there's a protects-other-people person around.  And an investigator type person.  Is it too early for us to ask the investigator to share what they know, or what's the protocol?

I feel so lost, like I need more information.  All the information.

• Hrm this seems to be going in a bad direction.
  • So we lost a day-killer, switcheroo-enabler, and Juliet (no clue how to characterize her power in one word).

I'm not really sure what this means, but I was approached last night by a jovial fellow and we drank together all night. I imagine we spoke about how best to screw over the honest Jewish usurers of Venice as is appropriate in a Shakespearean drama, but it's really all a blur.