Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    If you read closely, he's not shaming you for running around. He just wants a way to keep you pinned down.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited May 2016
    @Xenthos: Oh, that was definitely not a jab at anyone in particular but rather the mechanics of debating. I have long had issues with how debating works and I agree, when you are outnumbered in a peaced revolt the best strategy is to ignore debates. By the time I posted that I had also already given up on debating for the most part. It was much more even at the beginning.
  • edited May 2016
    @Shaddus & @Salome Mini pets already exist. They are called curios.

Glass bambis, sequin squids, etc.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited May 2016
    Falmiis said:
    @Xenthos: Oh, that was definitely not a jab at anyone in particular. I have long had issues with how debating works and I agree, when you are outnumbered in a peaced revolt the best strategy is to ignore debates. By the time I posted that I had also already given up on debating for the most part. It was much more even at the beginning.
    I'm not saying it's a jab, I'm saying that a way to keep someone pinned down would have ended with you having nothing to do!  It's the main reason I've disagreed with this idea every time it has ever been proposed.  Hugely outnumbered peaceful debating isn't like PvP (where a smaller group can triumph, because of how revolts work-- a lot of those people who were there were not combatants, after all, and a smaller force on our side could have had some effect).  If you could lock someone in place and/or make it harder for them to ignore a debate, then numbers are going to win out (you can stack on debating with fast-talk, laetitia, etc).

Edit: Numbers are going to win out even more than they already do, it already heavily favours the organization(s) with the most bodies.  It's good to give the underdogs the ability to have at least some chance to participate.
  • If it is any consolation @Tremula and @Thul did give it their best on me, I just kited them and influenced while taking through the debates, I have alot of ego though.
    I did BUG the first part because I was broken and for a while people couldn't even debate me, after @Falmiis informed me of the issue it wasn't too big of a deal.

It is my understanding though that if I am to debate back im kinda "locked in" to the debate, I knew with like 10 against 2 that wouldn't be wise so I chose the other option.
    I had fun though, despite the odds it was kinda fun to run around kiting players while converting mobs :D
  • Ick, no thanks to forced debating. It's just glorified rock paper scissors. He who has the biggest ego pool and best luck wins. 
    Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    @Xenthos: Oh, that was definitely not a jab at anyone in particular. I have long had issues with how debating works and I agree, when you are outnumbered in a peaced revolt the best strategy is to ignore debates. By the time I posted that I had also already given up on debating for the most part. It was much more even at the beginning.
    I'm not saying it's a jab, I'm saying that a way to keep someone pinned down would have ended with you having nothing to do!  It's the main reason I've disagreed with this idea every time it has ever been proposed.  Hugely outnumbered peaceful debating isn't like PvP (where a smaller group can triumph, because of how revolts work-- a lot of those people who were there were not combatants, after all, and a smaller force on our side could have had some effect).  If you could lock someone in place and/or make it harder for them to ignore a debate, then numbers are going to win out (you can stack on debating with fast-talk, laetitia, etc).
    Oh, I don't think a "pinning" mechanic would be good either. I would suggest something like ego damage scaling more quickly, especially when one side is not debating back, and/or increasing the time before debates time out. I just think that we're too far on the extreme of if you don't want to debate you can't be shattered.

I'd also welcome any change that made it so that third parties cannot assist in debates during peaced revolts.
  • Pejat had Xenthos, and I was chasing Scanlan around for the back end of the thing. You can only have one person debate someone at once. Not like debating's meant to be, where you get 20 loud people to shout at the lone person until they feel bad and shut up.

PS: @Scanlan, look into some sort of trigger for getting debated. Being locked on one setting isn't good.
  • Thul said:
    Pejat had Xenthos, and I was chasing Scanlan around for the back end of the thing. You can only have one person debate someone at once. Not like debating's meant to be, where you get 20 loud people to shout at the lone person until they feel bad and shut up.

PS: @Scanlan, look into some sort of trigger for getting debated. Being locked on one setting isn't good.

Yeah I need to figure out and practice debating sometime -not- during a revolt, I have nothing really set up for it, so I wouldn't know where to start.
    -PUTS ON THE LIST-
    - The list is kind of large :( -
  • I really hope the constant flow of changes is coming to an end.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• 17:3, possibly 17:4 at one point, I ended up leaving because I had RL matters to deal with.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    At the "height" of our presence there were 4 Glomdoring folk and a couple of Magnagorans (Alaksanteri was there too as an example), it pretty rapidly dwindled though.  That scent was from the end.  We knew from the beginning, based on numbers, that there was no chance but why not try?  Got a few family honour ticks out of it, too!  Was all fun. :)
  • sees the tweets about armour, for a moment, just a moment, get hopeful that I might be able to have a druid in leather armour with actual protection... denied :'(
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Go kephera, get race hat, wear leather armor, profit
  • This is true, just sad cause I've always kinda hoped leather could be usable one day (aside from being a kephera and just ignoring it). Now pondering if I can a scale jacket covered in dragonhide >_> they're scales right?
  • The new Kiakoda quest is full of adorable.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When the grammar police run amuck.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    When the grammar police run amuck.

How about the spelling police? Is that also tweet-worthy?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm pretty sure amuck counts as a colloquial spelling. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Amuck is recognised by the dictionary as a perfectly cromulent word.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Saran said:
    sees the tweets about armour, for a moment, just a moment, get hopeful that I might be able to have a druid in leather armour with actual protection... denied :'(
    You can wear scale...leather armour? :p
  • What's trending with the Charites this season : semicolons.

Commas are like, totally last year.
  • A god pinched me with a little emote, I don't know who you are. But I love you.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Aerochem, why is it that every time I start falling in love with you I find new information/bugs about you that make me sad? :(
  • Salome said:
    A god pinched me with a little emote, I don't know who you are. But I love you.
    I hope it was Manty boy... Come back Manteekan!!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Leolamins said:
    Salome said:
    A god pinched me with a little emote, I don't know who you are. But I love you.
    I hope it was Manty boy... Come back Manteekan!!!
    I hope it was! I'm wondering where the pinch actually was. ;) It was 'distant, but present.'

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm going to pitch a tent in Lisaera's fulcrux, I stg.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tremula said:
    I'm going to pitch a tent in Lisaera's fulcrux, I stg.

Better yet, do it in Maylea's. 
This discussion has been closed.