The Old Message Nostalgia Thread

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
Checking messages out of nostalgia as the purge approaches and a few of note popped up. So I figured, if we're losing our messages and have saved old sentimental nonsense, we might as well post it for everyone else to enjoy, right? Share your fave/silliest/most nostalgic messages from yesteryear! (MSGS CONVERSATION <person> is your friend.)

------

I took a proper trip down memory lane myself. In no particular order:

Nihmriel sent at 02/05 17:26:
   I believe we must discuss a certain letter to Ileein, authored by a mysterious 'Ministry of 
Marital Affairs'. I do believe that was taking the matter several steps too far.

Irillia sent at 01/17 04:58:
   Thank you so much for the kind offer of Beauty Seal slots! I -have- managed to submit an artisan 
design to the city's cartel that I hope will be selected, but I would love to try and create 
something for jewelry or tailoring if I can. I hope you both have already submitted something, at 
least, so I wouldn't be taking up slots you might like to use!
[And then she won! Woo 2011 Beauty Seal.]

Nihmriel sent at 10/01 19:43:
   Congratulations on winning the theatre award. With that and the scholarly prestige award, we are 
cultural centre for the first time! I wonder if the city might like to hear the happy news from the 
new Mayor and prestige-winning playwright?

Llesvelt sent at 09/23 16:54:
   Your play fills me with inappropriate anger and grief. Very well written, Minister.
[This may be one of five Llesvelt compliments I've ever received ever.]

Casilu sent at 08/06 07:44:
   You need to get married... or else.
You sent at 08/06 20:32:
   I am a mother. My scrolls are my babies. I am married to my work.
Casilu sent at 08/06 23:37:
   Well, your work better make some Skyplumes or else.

Leta sent at 01/28 02:09:
   Congratulations on your marriage, dear sister. I wish I was able to attend, but I'm quite certain 
that it was a lovely celebration. May good fortune follow you.

Mirai sent at 08/20 03:19:
   NOOOOO! Not the Shevats!

Narynth sent at 06/10 06:59:
   ..Did you mail me a letter and something about a book? Ps. Thanks for the ice cream. A fat Regent 
is a happy Regent.
[I... have no recollection of this whatsoever.]

Ridley sent at 02/11 16:41:
   // Thine inbox is fuller than the waxing moon! Your Ronove summon was roleblocked, but you 
managed to say it in red: Solanis is town, he is not a member of the witch faction, he wins only 
with the town win condition.
[Baby's first mafia game.]

Prav sent at 02/05 15:01:
   Aw. I am sorry to see you go, Governor. I only hope that we can find someone who executes the 
office with as much grace and efficiency as you.
[Baby's first PVP buddy.]

Eliron sent at 01/30 05:18:
   It does have a deviousness I can see would cause problems, though a part of me does applaud the 
ruthlessness. So then. Sunset beryl, perhaps? How do you feel about intricate knotwork?
[Context removed.]

Arel sent at 09/30 23:09:
   When we next meet and if you have time, we can speak. I look forward to it. Also, 
congratulations!!!
[BUT WE CANNOT BECAUSE YOU RETIRED </3]

Elostian sent at 09/17 11:01:
   We shall speak when next I notice your presence.
[This was about patron stuff but still. RIP Elopants. :(]

Rika sent at 09/30 06:48:
   Hi. I sure hope Arte's repeated aggressive actions on the Serenwilde are approved. I would sure 
hate for him to be demoted if they are unauthorized, under caste article IV section II.
[Sry Arte, this sassy message cracked me up. Also, RIP Rika. :(:(]

Your turn! Spill your juicy message secrets.
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have some potentially embarrassing messages still. Will refrain from sharing them if I am suitably bribed ;)

This one cracked me up. I don't even remember what my raging post was about to the council, but this was his response, back when we loathed each other. Miss the guy!:
    Sent By: Llandros on 04/13/1:22
    It never ceases to amaze me how much anger can fit into something that matters so little.

In response to me dying to a thing I shouldn't have:
    Sent By: Morgfyre on 10/21/3:39
    Were I a man to teehee, my response would be: "Teehee."

And this little snippet of old Magnagora political drama (oh, how I miss thee and yet not)
    Sent By: Thalkros on 05/19/15:45
    So, Daevos slipped Revan back into the City without an ounce of consideration given to our Incitizen protocol, let alone consideration given to the fact the entire Council voted him out previously. I removed him once more, there was much tantrum throwing by Daevos, and the Archmage has suggested we meet to discuss the matter. Daevos suggested the 8th of this month, so hopefully you will be awake then. Enjoy

• Message #238 sent by Crek (received: 2012/07/09 23:30:01)
       ARE YOU ALIVE?!

• Just a couple really old ones, of things I had forgotten! And quickly scanned through because I'm about to leave for work!

Sent By: Amavan on 07/21/19:24
    Until it can be confirmed that you are no longer inflicted with the plague, I must ask that you refrain from entering the manse so that the integrity of my experiments may be maintained. Have a great day dear
    Plague love

Sent By: Everiine on 08/08/4:40
    Don't try to run this tribe like it's the Hartstone. You have experience there. You have none here. If you're in doubt, check with Iasmos or myself.
    Forgotten guild leadership? No wonder I'm so obsessed with Tribes IG

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Most of these don't need context, and are funnier without it.

Sent By: Winnae on 09/20/19:31
    Greetings old nephew Archmage Shaddus. Winnae is interested in a change of professions and pace and is interested in learning how to be a TK mage. Also Winnae can probably contribute more in raids by helping with tainting and demesnes. Also Winnae did well in a recent election but did not win and wants to prove to himself and others that he is smart by becoming a Mage. As such Winnae is wondering if you will allow him to join the Geomancers for these reasons?

Sent By: Kaimanahi on 12/11/23:32
    // Happy snoopy dance?? Haha, thanks.

Sent By: Nymerya on 04/04/6:06
    Ffffffffsrue;gfbdew;bshfce;riugfebds;

Sent By: (system) on 04/05/18:59
    You have received 191 Bound Credits as an adjustment of bound leveling credits!

Sent By: Lorina on 06/12/16:04
    // Suck my left testicle. TAKE IT BACK

Sent By: (system) on 03/31/23:14
    You have been granted a truefavour by Fain, of the Red Masque for the recent order war victory. It will last seven months.

Sent By: Tremula on 05/24/21:20
    // OH MY GODS. YOUR POST. *SLOPPYMAKEOUT SHADDUS*

Sent By: Telperion on 06/14/18:47
    // OOC: Is Arien one of the many "Shaddus" alts?
    (Lol'd at this one)

Sent By: Munsia on 10/04/15:55
    I look hot :3

Sent By: Thalkros on 10/27/22:38
    You sent the following message to Lavinya: So, since you're being so slow on working on making your amends, I've decided to allow you to repay your debt to Magnagora by means of a single power gem, plus the corpses of the Supernal. Somewhere in the range of 10 - 20.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited May 2016
    Sent By: (system) on 01/14/5:07
    Tears of joy flow freely from your eyes as Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights appoints you to Beacon of Hospitality.

(Yay Inner Circle!)

Also, I seriously misread that when it first happened, and thought I was the Bacon of Hospitality.

Sent By: Arcanis on 02/14/18:29
    // A delicious platter of popcorn covered in buttery tears tells you, "Do you remember Shale Stova, the bartender of L'ianmor?" | I blame you for that

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sent By: Leta on 02/13/17:52
    Let us consider the proud lucidian who traveled to the wyrden forest. He ate a fleshpot-shaped cake and saw a crimson coloured trill in his third eye, and thus he was enlightened. Buzzinga!
  • More, cause I'm an oldie. 

Sent By: Derian on 08/17/11:21
    Welcome to the Shofangi! For the record, you're not alowed to run for GM here, it's a cursed position for you, but we're glad to have you otherwise!
    I'm cuuuurrssed!

Sent By: Xinemus on 08/20/3:43
    Absent or present, waking or sleeping, you are a promise of both destruction and reinvigoration to me. You threaten my dreams. There is something lost about me and something wonderful about you, and something dark about this destiny.

Sent By: Reiha on 09/14/4:17
    JOIN MAGNAGORA OR I WILL SLIT MY WRISTS OKAY
    Sent By: Synl on 09/15/2:10
    (( JOIN GLOMDORING OR I'LL SLIT YOUR WRISTS OKAY. ))
    Sent By: Amavan on 09/15/8:06
    ((JOIN MAGNAGORA OR REIHA WILL SLIT MY WRISTS OKAY))

Sent By: Amavan on 04/18/2:19
    You don't smell as bad as a rotting carcass. Good job

Sent By: Xenthos on 07/17/19:06
    This is looking much like a power struggle to me-- the two of them have an issue with each other, and want the Commune to settle the matter for them. It's somewhat disappointing. Perhaps we should just lock them in a room with each other for a year or two until they learn to live with one another.

Sent By: Oneiroi on 08/03/2:49
    Congratulations! You have discovered your true roots as a proud member of the Stormcrow family!

Thanks for the memories everyone. :x

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I've never held onto any old messages on purpose. This kind of makes me wish I had.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Message #579 sent by Isune (received: 2014/08/06 22:43:21)
       ((DC'd))

Message #580 sent by Isune (received: 2014/08/06 22:53:01)
       ((I'm a bit slow on the internet today))

Message #581 sent by Isune (received: 2014/08/06 22:54:00)
       ((WE WILL MAKE THIS WORK))

Message #582 sent by Isune (received: 2014/08/06 23:05:46)
       ((Using other computer bear with me))

Message #583 sent by Isune (received: 2014/08/07 00:19:29)
       ((All it took was a computer attached to an ethernet cord!))

670   Tomo            09/09 16:57     You are silly, mister Maligorn.

(I miss Tomo and his player dearly).

Message #797 sent by Marcella (received: 2014/10/26 16:54:15)
       ( theme of shevat family:  it even has 'shevat' in the title)

Message #1772 sent by Marcella (received: 2015/07/29 05:38:54)
       We'vek illed the Supernals as well as the Spheres. It is obvious Celest and Serenwilde can't protect your city. There is a simple choice for alliance if you never want to have to worry about the death of everything you care about again.

And...that's all I've got.

• Sent By: Taevyn on 09/12/8:54
    I just want to kill Magnagora. Flatten it and build a City of Taevyn on top.

Sent By: Ollie on 03/25/18:05
    How is your sister so annoying?

Sent By: Tierce on 09/03/13:11
    I here, you gone, and so I find. Quiet not in peace of mind. Glance west, then east for a glimpse of raven hair, disappointed when you are not there. My lady, I've missed you far more than I like, such is the busy soul's damnable plight. You are thought of, and inspiring even so.

I miss Tierce.  :(:(
  • Message 2

Sent By: Lavinya on 07/13/1:16
    You are officially official! Lucky number seven!

She loves me!
  • Sent by: @Lavinya

I've added you as a stage manager - break anything and I will skin you alive
    ( >_> )

-----------------
    Sent by @Drocilla

Ack! I was about to call for you!
    (Was getting ready to do RL stuff - can't remember what though)

-------------------
    Sent by @Drocilla

No worries - amnesia dusting

(Loved the simpsons treehouse of horror reference, intentional or otherwise :p)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sylandra said:
    Checking messages out of nostalgia as the purge approaches and a few of note popped up. So I figured, if we're losing our messages and have saved old sentimental nonsense, we might as well post it for everyone else to enjoy, right? Share your fave/silliest/most nostalgic messages from yesteryear! (MSGS CONVERSATION <person> is your friend.)

------

I took a proper trip down memory lane myself. In no particular order:

Nihmriel sent at 02/05 17:26:
       I believe we must discuss a certain letter to Ileein, authored by a mysterious 'Ministry of 
    Marital Affairs'. I do believe that was taking the matter several steps too far.

Oh dear. I think I remember that letter, too. Alas, it was all for naught!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've got a short list of Halliboys we can set you up with.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Message #28 sent by Marcella (received: 2014/11/26 08:39:16)
       Can you help me write a scathing insulting prayer to a god who A: left Lusternia before the war began, abandoning it to the Soulless when He knew they were coming B: has absolutely no evidence that their 'mission' was a reality, the only person who could corrobrate his story 'conveniently' dead C: answers his accusers with nothing but brute force and disfavour, showing his clear guilt, his inability to stand our presence a sign of his cardboard facade hiding his shame.

Old friendships. :')

Message #48 sent by Isluna (received: 2014/12/02 04:55:09)
       OOC You look at who, and you see these room titles and it makes you really wonder, who was the genius who created some of this.. Tremula - broken privy. Sorry, just found that amusing.

Message #72 sent by Tarkenton (received: 2014/12/16 01:01:03)
       Apparently you're a master of stealth. Can't see you to hand a bracelet to you.

Best compliment from a Nekotai.

Message #77 sent by @Xena (received: 2014/12/16 20:45:38)
       //WAGGLE WIGGLE OF DEATH <3.

@Kaimanahi @Drocilla

Message #148 sent by @Taevyn (received: 2015/01/04 05:41:41)
       //PK CAREFUL ON pls.

How I learned this was a thing.

I have so many more but I'm getting sentimental and do not have enough sleep to go through with them.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • This is not an old message at all, but it makes me laugh:

Message #146 sent by Ceros (received: 2016/03/27 05:48:37)
       Remember that time you wrecked everyone during the revolt?

As for old messages... these are on Aeral, but yeah.

Breaks my heart:

Message #3842 sent by (system) (received: 2015/05/20 18:30:17)
       A radiant snowy eagle with wings of light has permanently died.

Message #3840 sent by (system) (received: 2015/05/20 18:30:17)
       A stubborn hippogriff with black wings has permanently died.

Message #3732 sent by (system) (received: 2014/12/02 21:40:38)
       A platinum dragon turtle with white wings has permanently died.

I'm so, so sorry Fania, for your hippogriff. :(

Message #2335 sent by Lorina (received: 2011/10/13 04:31:24)
       Mages of Arches, I have safely deposited twentry-four thousand gold pieces made up of sixty-eight percent gold and thirdty-four percent feces to the noble guild of mages that move water.

Message #800 sent by Terentia (received: 2011/02/10 02:35:05)
       //I apologize. My internet abruptly cut out. We will pick that up later.

@Terentia, I miss you. Please come back some day. You break my heart.

Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."