What are you playing?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lerad said:
    So, I found this site.

I'm now playing Ogre Battle again. Ahh, the nostalgia of army building.
    Holy cow, this is amazing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lerad said:
    So, I found this site.

I really wish someone would make another Ogre Battle game. Or a Yggdra Union game for that matter. The combat system of these two games was amazingly fun.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    And now I've reinstalled the first Knights of the Old Republic and am running it on full resolution and widescreen. I don't know what people are talking about, 12 years later this game still looks damn good and is hella fun to play.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Super Trill. On a scale of 1 to worried, how should I feel..?
    beep
  • Worked out with the Ice Angel thing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    They are also known as Ice Angels.

In short, you should be very worried. 25 to all stats! (Or, in new parlance, universal 13/13 damage buff, resistance, balance, equilibrium, influence, health/mana/ego & regen).
  • How is Stellaris so far? I'm eyeballing it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Same :) Given my finances though, I might hafta go the eyepatch route first.
  • How is Stellaris so far? I'm eyeballing it.
    Ehm... I'm not really a 4x person normally so I don't know what a regular in the genre might say. But I mostly have to agree with this review. I think it's good overall (so far) but it does have its low points...
    beep
  • I bought it and I'm really enjoying it so far. If I had to categorize it, I'd say it feels a lot like what the Space Age era of Spore should/would have been, had it not been rushed out the door by EA, crossed with Crusader Kings 2. Similar in depth and complexity too, which means not as complicated as EU or HoI.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I'm finding the performance of Stellaris on my computer is waaaay more optimized than crusader kings ever was. CK took ages to load on me, and my poor laptop would overheat and chug at points in the game. No issues yet with Stellaris, still fairly early into it though.  The UI is pretty counter-intuitive though, took me awhile to figure out some things and still seems a bit cryptic to me.  That's paradox games in a nutshell though, I wish they would take a page from the Civ series and have an in-game encyclopedia instead of doing only tooltips.  Fun game once I figured out wtf I'm doing on a basic level though.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Got into the Atlas Reactor closed beta and so far it has been pretty fun. It's like X-COM meets Dota you choose your moves simultaneously each turn and see how they resolve.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So since I'm waiting probably a week ish for the laptop I decided to watch Let's Plays of games instead of buying them. Corpse Party is in the camp of "scary games I want to play but am unsure I can complete alone in my room at night" so I started watching an LP.

Halfway through Chapter 2 I started to feel ill and realized the voice acting is just that good it makes you feel sympathy pains for everyone's gruesome fates. Idk what to do with this but I'm still watching. Masochism? It's really excellent though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

• :-bd

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I gave up after getting like... two.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited May 2016
    Krackenor said:
    28 year old me is trying to do what 13 year old me never could and gather all of the Celestial Weapons in FFX. Collecting most of the sigils...not so bad! 

That lightning though...fuck that lightning

Of course I got the 200 on the very next attempt after venting. On to blitzball!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Lerad said:
    So, I found this site.

There is also a Tactics Ogre (the SNES version, basically PSx version too) that is fully translated and on web browser.

I also still have my N64 to play Ogre Battle 64, which both works! All the Roms I've downloaded for it don't work still.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I liked the Tactics Ogre games as well. It was a pain, but so fun, grinding out an Angel Knight. 

• http://slither.io

Think the snake arcade game. Except with 499 random strangers at the same time. PvP jackassery, ahoy.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It seems like Zelda: OOT for 3DS got re-released as a "select", so I picked it up for twenty dollars since I can't play the original any longer. It's been a great trip! And it's kind of hilarious to remember all the stuff that used to kind of terrify me in the game. Not so much anymore!

Except the Happy Mask Salesman. He's still scary.

• Thul said:
    http://slither.io

Think the snake arcade game. Except with 499 random strangers at the same time. PvP jackassery, ahoy.
    Report Thul for destroying work productivity.

• edited May 2016
    If anybody ever liked Isune's suggestion of Choice of Games, there's a new one out that's pretty great.

The Sea Eternal.

Don't think Ariel and the Little Mermaid, or any romanticized mermaid. Consider what you would do with immortality if you had it, and what would happen under the threat of losing that.

It's amazing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Against better judgement, playing WoW again. Halp.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Lol. I'll be staying clean this expansion, unless my wife caves and drags me back in.
  • Earthbound!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tarkenton said:
    Lol. I'll be staying clean this expansion, unless my wife caves and drags me back in.
    Honestly, I'm trying to gear up some now because I'm looking forward to kicking a few of Sarg's teeth in, and my RP server druids are all about going in to clean up the Emerald Dream. (As is my Horde Pally, since his RP is that he's a Red Flight dragon trying to straighten up the Horde from within.)
  • WoD finally broke me off of WoW. Between the dull and inconvenient landscapes, nerfing gathering professions, and the Facebookariffic reward system, not only did I not feel like leaving the garrison, it's like the game didn't want me leaving the garrison either. What really got me was how the developers said that flying in the game was where they wanted it to be, when flying was not, at that point in time, in the game at all.

Previews are looking like they're sticking to the WoD formula. And then there's the whole Warchief Sylvanas thing. Hell with that. My tauren is tired of taking the Horde's karma aggro.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I just want to update and say I finished Corpse Party and it exceeded expectations, give or a take a few odd turns. 10/10 would perform Sachiko Ever After again. Ty @Lerad and @Tekora.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Thul said:
    WoD finally broke me off of WoW. Between the dull and inconvenient landscapes, nerfing gathering professions, and the Facebookariffic reward system, not only did I not feel like leaving the garrison, it's like the game didn't want me leaving the garrison either. What really got me was how the developers said that flying in the game was where they wanted it to be, when flying was not, at that point in time, in the game at all.

Previews are looking like they're sticking to the WoD formula. And then there's the whole Warchief Sylvanas thing. Hell with that. My tauren is tired of taking the Horde's karma aggro.
    On the other hand, given the Warchief track record, maybe putting Sylvanas in charge is just what the Alliance needs. The Forsaken being led by someone else in the expansion after Legion might be a breath of considerably-less-fetid air. Let the Gilneans take Lordaeron and punt the undead to...I dunno, Light's Hope? Stratholme? A re-re-re-relocated Naxx? The sun? Then let Thrall or Saurfang the elder back in as Warchief and with Anduin taking over as King of Stormwind, we might finally bury the hatchet. In something other than someone's back.