QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited May 2016
    Tridemon said:
    @Rehd Kafe is the plant, but the beverage made from it is Kawhe.
    You'd be surprised to know that unless there's been some sort of event pertaining to this in the last few years, this is actually wrong. Kawhe is technically a non-canon drink and has nothing to do with kafe. Some players have used it as "coffee", though. Source: a week or two of arguing with a certain divine on whether a "kawhe table" could be a real thing.

If an admin wants to disagree with me, please do. I'd love to have a reason to design kawhe flavors :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If we get coffee can it just be called 'coffee' please? No uncoffee for me. 
  • edited May 2016
    Dylara said:
    Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Usurping Shango, Selna struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Usurping Selna, Sylvanas struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Usurping Sylvanas, Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Only one can have it guys! (I imagine there was a reason behind it, just looked funny from afar)

Everyone wants to fight over that Bone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • They have a bone to pick with morality. Darn Mags
  • WHere they all lobos?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• A cinder crawler tells you, "I hate Salome."

Well that's rude.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Did you reply and tell that crawler "Haters gonna hate!" ?

• (Peasantface): You say, "Hi."

(Peasantface): Crek (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Hai menace."

(Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, "Hey Menace."

(Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, ".."

(Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, "(censored) off, she's mine."

(Peasantface): Crek (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Gurl she was my e-aunt first."

(Peasantface): You say, "Wha?"

(Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, "We're fighting for your love."

All the looooove. :x

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Lerad said:
    Did you reply and tell that crawler "Haters gonna hate!" ?
    My first thought was to wonder if @Salome was hunting essence on the fire plane. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

• Kethaera said:
    Lerad said:
    Did you reply and tell that crawler "Haters gonna hate!" ?
    My first thought was to wonder if @Salome was hunting essence on the fire plane. 
    I'm a menace to the fire plane. I am the Ice Menace.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Even though ice is also great, I hold with those who favour fire.

Suggestions for experiments consuming using newbies please!
    beep
  • Dylara said:
    Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Usurping Shango, Selna struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Usurping Selna, Sylvanas struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Usurping Sylvanas, Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

Only one can have it guys! (I imagine there was a reason behind it, just looked funny from afar)
    We were fooling around.

I was originally supposed to claim it, but asked Shango to.

We lost it anyway, but I still had fun!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks exclaims, "It all adds up! Albert Dimple, the butler killed Countess Cecelia with a hammer because of a love letter. He then hid a hammer in the library, and we have a witness, Lord Montgomery Estenborough. Well done!"
    Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks raises his hands and summons forth Albert Dimple, the butler.

Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks says, "Well what do you have to say for yourself?"

Albert Dimple, the butler says, "I admit it was I. Countess Cecelia used me poorly. I was nothing more than a sex slave when she tossed me aside."

Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks exclaims, "Well, Albert Dimple, the butler, I have a little surprise for you. You actually did NOT succeed in murdering Countess Cecelia!"
    A curtain of light forms in the center of the room and out steps Countess Cecelia.

Lady Cecelia, Countess of Stewart says, "Yes, Albert Dimple, the butler, you almost succeeded in murdering me but I survived. I wasn't sure who it was so I asked Gumboliah to stage this investigation in the hopes of eventually finding out who was responsible. It worked. Perhaps I will forgive you in the future, but for now I do not want you in my sight."

Poor Albert! It sounds like a legitimate reason for committing a crime of passion. XD
  • Kethaera said:
    Minister Ieckco Shevat says, "You people will be the death of me."

Neloae glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 
    handing it to a nearby Deputy Commissar.

Cririk glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 
    Having received sufficient requisitions, the Commissar turns and marches sharply to Ieckco, raising 
    his halberd. With a flash of steel and a brief spray of blood, the deed is quickly and efficiently 
    carried out as Ieckco crumples lifelessly to the floor. The Commissar removes a recording disc from 
    his pocket and examines it carefully, announcing that Ieckco was the Temporal Primus.
    Well I was right! :P those were fun games.
  • Arian said:
    Kethaera said:
    Minister Ieckco Shevat says, "You people will be the death of me."

Neloae glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 

Cririk glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 
    Having received sufficient requisitions, the Commissar turns and marches sharply to Ieckco, raising 
    his halberd. With a flash of steel and a brief spray of blood, the deed is quickly and efficiently 
    carried out as Ieckco crumples lifelessly to the floor. The Commissar removes a recording disc from 
    his pocket and examines it carefully, announcing that Ieckco was the Temporal Primus.
    Well I was right! :P those were fun games.
    My favorite was Sylandra and me dooming the town by passive-aggressively jabbing at each other. Sexy secretary is best secretary.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Where the shining fury of the Sun's rays hit the ground, heat lines can be seen rising in the air as the ground succumbs to his power.

You forecast that:
    The weather is under Corissai's control.
    The wind blows at 26 knots (strong breeze), the temperature is -75F/-59.4C (arctic), and the cloud level is 10 (hailing).

It's a cold, cold day in Glom Sun. (Shamanism is so cool sometimes)

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Where the shining fury of the Sun's rays hit the ground, heat lines can be seen rising in the air as the ground succumbs to his power.

You forecast that:
    The wind blows at 26 knots (strong breeze), the temperature is -75F/-59.4C (arctic), and the cloud level is 10 (hailing).

So, uh, legitimate question: does shamanism -do- anything beneficial combat-wise? Or is it more of a flavour tertiary?
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • It has some good stuff, but it's extremely clunky. So mostly flavour.
  • Sylvanas said:
    Dylara said:
    Where the shining fury of the Sun's rays hit the ground, heat lines can be seen rising in the air as the ground succumbs to his power.

You forecast that:

So, uh, legitimate question: does shamanism -do- anything beneficial combat-wise? Or is it more of a flavour tertiary?
    Yes, there is combat stuff. I was actually using some things in Domoth claim yesterday! As an example, the weather forecasted here, causes pretty bad movement malus. Was like 40-60% or something? I just left it out of the quote. I'm fairly new to the skill, so someone more knowledgeable would have to explain more. :) 

• Is that why I walk slow af through Glomdoring sometimes, you jerks are fiddling with my weather....
    SHAMEFUL DISPRAY!

jk though, ILY guys
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Dylara said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Dylara said:

You forecast that:

Yes, there is combat stuff. I was actually using some things in Domoth claim yesterday! As an example, the weather forecasted here, causes pretty bad movement malus. Was like 40-60% or something? I just left it out of the quote. I'm fairly new to the skill, so someone more knowledgeable would have to explain more. :) 

Hi. 

Yeah, shamanism does do useful combat stuff. For the most part, the most obvious and powerful thing is what Dylara pointed out, it can impose a high penalty on everyone moving through the demesne, including the shaman and all of their allies. Shamans do have weathercloak, which helps to mitigate this effect on themselves, other people can buy artifacts and demigod powers that all but eliminate the penalties. Weather also unlocks some useful weather based effects, though some of these are really mild. 

Shamanism is okay, kept in a decent place because of how sap works right now, though it doesn't really bring more than I just mentioned to the table. Its also absolutely riddled with harsh restrictions, caveats, and costs on abilities, making it hard to recommend to a new player/melder/druid. One big issue is that it heightens the existing shortfalls of druids, namely immobility and slow windup/adaptability times, without really shoring up any weaknesses or adding new strengths. 
  • I literally just logged in and this happened (not even five seconds after).

You see the mouth of High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother moving as if in speech,
    though you hear nothing.

You are:
    deaf.
    (deafness - cured by eat earwort and eat myrtle)
    You have 1 affliction.
    * FirstAid Sending: outr 1 earwort
    You remove 1 earwort, bringing the total in the rift to 4.
    * FirstAid Sending: eat earwort
    You eat a piece of black earwort.
    The sounds of the world gradually return to you.

You say, "Say that again?"

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to you, "We are discussing loincloths."

You stare implacably at Everiine.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    We were!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Defensively raising his hands, Everiine backs away from the situation slowly.

@Everiine's response to the catty bickering amused me.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I was all:
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    12420h, 8380m, 8380e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBlrx<>-
    Ilistala, an enormous leopard leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the attack.
    12420h, 8380m, 8380e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBlrx<>-

She is getting super-protective-- now she is defending me from nothing at all!