QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

1236237239241242327

Comments

  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.Member Posts: 8,210 Transcendent
    edited May 2016
    Tridemon said:
    @Rehd Kafe is the plant, but the beverage made from it is Kawhe.
    You'd be surprised to know that unless there's been some sort of event pertaining to this in the last few years, this is actually wrong. Kawhe is technically a non-canon drink and has nothing to do with kafe. Some players have used it as "coffee", though. Source: a week or two of arguing with a certain divine on whether a "kawhe table" could be a real thing.

    If an admin wants to disagree with me, please do. I'd love to have a reason to design kawhe flavors :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods Member Posts: 4,386 Transcendent
    If we get coffee can it just be called 'coffee' please? No uncoffee for me. 
  • IleeinIleein Member Posts: 630 Mythical
    edited May 2016
    Dylara said:
    Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Usurping Shango, Selna struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Usurping Selna, Sylvanas struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Usurping Sylvanas, Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Only one can have it guys! (I imagine there was a reason behind it, just looked funny from afar)

    Everyone wants to fight over that Bone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • RehdRehd Member Posts: 13 Novice
    They have a bone to pick with morality. Darn Mags
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,746 Mythical
    WHere they all lobos?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

    image
  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 981 Transcendent
    A cinder crawler tells you, "I hate Salome."

    Well that's rude.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LeradLerad Member Posts: 2,405 Transcendent
    Did you reply and tell that crawler "Haters gonna hate!" ?

  • DylaraDylara Member Posts: 1,287 Transcendent
    (Peasantface): You say, "Hi."

    (Peasantface): Crek (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Hai menace."

    (Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, "Hey Menace."

    (Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, ".."

    (Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, "(censored) off, she's mine."

    (Peasantface): Crek (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Gurl she was my e-aunt first."

    (Peasantface): You say, "Wha?"

    (Peasantface): Salome (from the Aetherways) says, "We're fighting for your love."

    All the looooove. :x

    Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

    The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.


  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 981 Transcendent
    Lerad said:
    Did you reply and tell that crawler "Haters gonna hate!" ?
    My first thought was to wonder if @Salome was hunting essence on the fire plane. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • SalomeSalome Member Posts: 677 Mythical

    Kethaera said:
    Lerad said:
    Did you reply and tell that crawler "Haters gonna hate!" ?
    My first thought was to wonder if @Salome was hunting essence on the fire plane. 
    I'm a menace to the fire plane. I am the Ice Menace.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • CyndarinAscendsCyndarinAscends Member Posts: 1,461 Transcendent
    ORLY.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 7,020 Transcendent
    Even though ice is also great, I hold with those who favour fire.
    image
  • YehnYehn Member Posts: 282 Master
    image

    Suggestions for experiments consuming using newbies please!
    beep
  • SylvanasSylvanas Member Posts: 270 Expert
    Dylara said:
    Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Usurping Shango, Selna struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Usurping Selna, Sylvanas struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Usurping Sylvanas, Shango struggles to claim the Bone of Mortality.

    Only one can have it guys! (I imagine there was a reason behind it, just looked funny from afar)
    We were fooling around.

    I was originally supposed to claim it, but asked Shango to.

    We lost it anyway, but I still had fun!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • TiarnisTiarnis Member Posts: 21 Novice
    Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks exclaims, "It all adds up! Albert Dimple, the butler killed Countess Cecelia with a hammer because of a love letter. He then hid a hammer in the library, and we have a witness, Lord Montgomery Estenborough. Well done!"
    Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks raises his hands and summons forth Albert Dimple, the butler.

    Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks says, "Well what do you have to say for yourself?"

    Albert Dimple, the butler says, "I admit it was I. Countess Cecelia used me poorly. I was nothing more than a sex slave when she tossed me aside."

    Magistrate Gumboliah Brooks exclaims, "Well, Albert Dimple, the butler, I have a little surprise for you. You actually did NOT succeed in murdering Countess Cecelia!"
    A curtain of light forms in the center of the room and out steps Countess Cecelia.
     
    Lady Cecelia, Countess of Stewart says, "Yes, Albert Dimple, the butler, you almost succeeded in murdering me but I survived. I wasn't sure who it was so I asked Gumboliah to stage this investigation in the hopes of eventually finding out who was responsible. It worked. Perhaps I will forgive you in the future, but for now I do not want you in my sight."

    Poor Albert! It sounds like a legitimate reason for committing a crime of passion. XD
  • ArianArian Member Posts: 3 Novice
    Kethaera said:
    Minister Ieckco Shevat says, "You people will be the death of me."

    Neloae glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 
    handing it to a nearby Deputy Commissar.

    Cririk glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 
    handing it to a nearby Deputy Commissar.
    Having received sufficient requisitions, the Commissar turns and marches sharply to Ieckco, raising 
    his halberd. With a flash of steel and a brief spray of blood, the deed is quickly and efficiently 
    carried out as Ieckco crumples lifelessly to the floor. The Commissar removes a recording disc from 
    his pocket and examines it carefully, announcing that Ieckco was the Temporal Primus.
    Well I was right! :P those were fun games.
  • IleeinIleein Member Posts: 630 Mythical
    Arian said:
    Kethaera said:
    Minister Ieckco Shevat says, "You people will be the death of me."

    Neloae glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 
    handing it to a nearby Deputy Commissar.

    Cririk glances dispassionately at Ieckco, ticking his name off on an execution requisition and 
    handing it to a nearby Deputy Commissar.
    Having received sufficient requisitions, the Commissar turns and marches sharply to Ieckco, raising 
    his halberd. With a flash of steel and a brief spray of blood, the deed is quickly and efficiently 
    carried out as Ieckco crumples lifelessly to the floor. The Commissar removes a recording disc from 
    his pocket and examines it carefully, announcing that Ieckco was the Temporal Primus.
    Well I was right! :P those were fun games.
    My favorite was Sylandra and me dooming the town by passive-aggressively jabbing at each other. Sexy secretary is best secretary.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • DylaraDylara Member Posts: 1,287 Transcendent
    Where the shining fury of the Sun's rays hit the ground, heat lines can be seen rising in the air as the ground succumbs to his power.

    You forecast that:
    The weather is under Corissai's control.
    The wind blows at 26 knots (strong breeze), the temperature is -75F/-59.4C (arctic), and the cloud level is 10 (hailing).

    It's a cold, cold day in Glom Sun. (Shamanism is so cool sometimes)

    Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

    The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.


  • SylvanasSylvanas Member Posts: 270 Expert
    Dylara said:
    Where the shining fury of the Sun's rays hit the ground, heat lines can be seen rising in the air as the ground succumbs to his power.

    You forecast that:
    The weather is under Corissai's control.
    The wind blows at 26 knots (strong breeze), the temperature is -75F/-59.4C (arctic), and the cloud level is 10 (hailing).

    It's a cold, cold day in Glom Sun. (Shamanism is so cool sometimes)
    So, uh, legitimate question: does shamanism -do- anything beneficial combat-wise? Or is it more of a flavour tertiary?
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • ShedrinShedrin Member Posts: 905 Transcendent
    It has some good stuff, but it's extremely clunky. So mostly flavour.
  • DylaraDylara Member Posts: 1,287 Transcendent
    Sylvanas said:
    Dylara said:
    Where the shining fury of the Sun's rays hit the ground, heat lines can be seen rising in the air as the ground succumbs to his power.

    You forecast that:
    The weather is under Corissai's control.
    The wind blows at 26 knots (strong breeze), the temperature is -75F/-59.4C (arctic), and the cloud level is 10 (hailing).

    It's a cold, cold day in Glom Sun. (Shamanism is so cool sometimes)
    So, uh, legitimate question: does shamanism -do- anything beneficial combat-wise? Or is it more of a flavour tertiary?
    Yes, there is combat stuff. I was actually using some things in Domoth claim yesterday! As an example, the weather forecasted here, causes pretty bad movement malus. Was like 40-60% or something? I just left it out of the quote. I'm fairly new to the skill, so someone more knowledgeable would have to explain more. :) 

    Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

    The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.


  • ScanlanScanlan Member Posts: 153 Gifted
    Is that why I walk slow af through Glomdoring sometimes, you jerks are fiddling with my weather....
    SHAMEFUL DISPRAY!

    jk though, ILY guys
    image
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods Member Posts: 4,386 Transcendent
    Dylara said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Dylara said:
    Where the shining fury of the Sun's rays hit the ground, heat lines can be seen rising in the air as the ground succumbs to his power.

    You forecast that:
    The weather is under Corissai's control.
    The wind blows at 26 knots (strong breeze), the temperature is -75F/-59.4C (arctic), and the cloud level is 10 (hailing).

    It's a cold, cold day in Glom Sun. (Shamanism is so cool sometimes)
    So, uh, legitimate question: does shamanism -do- anything beneficial combat-wise? Or is it more of a flavour tertiary?
    Yes, there is combat stuff. I was actually using some things in Domoth claim yesterday! As an example, the weather forecasted here, causes pretty bad movement malus. Was like 40-60% or something? I just left it out of the quote. I'm fairly new to the skill, so someone more knowledgeable would have to explain more. :) 

    Hi. 

    Yeah, shamanism does do useful combat stuff. For the most part, the most obvious and powerful thing is what Dylara pointed out, it can impose a high penalty on everyone moving through the demesne, including the shaman and all of their allies. Shamans do have weathercloak, which helps to mitigate this effect on themselves, other people can buy artifacts and demigod powers that all but eliminate the penalties. Weather also unlocks some useful weather based effects, though some of these are really mild. 

    Shamanism is okay, kept in a decent place because of how sap works right now, though it doesn't really bring more than I just mentioned to the table. Its also absolutely riddled with harsh restrictions, caveats, and costs on abilities, making it hard to recommend to a new player/melder/druid. One big issue is that it heightens the existing shortfalls of druids, namely immobility and slow windup/adaptability times, without really shoring up any weaknesses or adding new strengths. 
  • GabriellaGabriella Member Posts: 449 Fabled
    I literally just logged in and this happened (not even five seconds after).

    You see the mouth of High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother moving as if in speech,
    though you hear nothing.

    You are:
    deaf.
    (deafness - cured by eat earwort and eat myrtle)
    You have 1 affliction.
    * FirstAid Sending: outr 1 earwort
    You remove 1 earwort, bringing the total in the rift to 4.
    * FirstAid Sending: eat earwort
    You eat a piece of black earwort.
    The sounds of the world gradually return to you.

    You say, "Say that again?"

    High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to you, "We are discussing loincloths."

    You stare implacably at Everiine.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USAMember Posts: 2,979 Transcendent
    We were!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

    Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

    Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 981 Transcendent
    Defensively raising his hands, Everiine backs away from the situation slowly.

    @Everiine's response to the catty bickering amused me.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USAMember Posts: 2,979 Transcendent
    I was all:
    image
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

    Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

    Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 7,020 Transcendent
    12420h, 8380m, 8380e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBlrx<>-
    Ilistala, an enormous leopard leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the attack.
    12420h, 8380m, 8380e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBlrx<>-

    She is getting super-protective-- now she is defending me from nothing at all!
    image
Sign In or Register to comment.