The "other side doesn't play how I want them to" thread

15678911»

Comments

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I think chasm is a bit stupid as well because some people literally have to rely on RNG to save them, but at least in a group there is some risk to the geomancer doing it since they have to walk into the room where presumably the fighting is happening, plus it is single targeted. A meldbomb can be done from relative safety and can hit all enemies.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I dunno, if you're gonna use an example of someone literally doing nothing to save themselves, I don't think it's valid proof that it's overpowered. Use a better example.
  • The only time "hitting all enemies" matters is when it kills them. A meldbomb, in a scenario where everyone is prepared, kills lowbies/midbies and people who don't bother with resists at all, and the guy getting focused on. Everyone else lives and recovers almost instantly. 

You can't account for lowbies and lazy people in the meta. They're going to die, tough. 

The rest of "hitting all enemies" is ultimately not nearly as relevant as people make it out to be do to the nature of how damage burst works. If you kill them, it worked, if you didn't, in 6 seconds it's as if nothing every happened. It's not like wounds or aff stacking, there is no prolonged recovery. 
  • baka for you, baka for you, baka all around
  • I think meldbombs should be toned down. That, and there could be fun things to do with every org's meldbomb than just damage. That'll also help justify chem/woods without having to keep buffing their damage potential (which is high already).

• I don't mind changing them to something not damage, but that's a tall order for a report and 6 guilds each operating pretty differently than the other.

I don't even mind making it single target delayed effect. Like a burst of burns and a stun or something, idk. 

I welcome ideas, I can add it to my to-do list.