Night Vale Mafia Signups

edited May 2016 in Mafia Hideout
Hey guys, Joseph Fink here. Definitely the real Joseph Fink. I typed my name out on my keyboard and Joseph Fink is what appeared on my screen, so it must be true. For this episode of Welcome to Night Vale, we're doing something really special: a live, interactive edition where the audience gets to participate directly in the show, taking the roles of some major characters! This is something we've never been able to do before, because a podcast isn't really an interactive medium, but we've been working really hard at disassembling the concept of linear time to make this thing into a thing we can do. Because I am really Joseph Fink, this is most certainly a real, bonafide episode of Welcome to Night Vale and not at all a poor excuse for some guy on the Internet to crowdsource his Night Vale fanfic. It's not that. We've checked. The number of roles we have is limited, so jump in quickly, and be ready for some fun surprises.

If you like what we're doing here, and you'd like to help us dredge every river in the United States to find the secret entrance to the underground fishing waters of the mole people, consider checking out our other episodes on your favourite podcast repositories, iTunes or our Youtube Channel. It'd mean a lot to us. And hey,

Thanks.

------

This thread is signups for my Welcome to Night Vale mafia game. It's a 16-person, power-heavy game, with some powers that I made up that are totes going to be awesome. Also I've never done this before so we'll see how badly I screwed up the balance. :V

I'm going to do sign-ups a bit different from usual, to give new people or people who haven't played in a while a chance to get in. Here's how it will work:

* Sylandra gets in by default, as thanks for running the last game. Unless she doesn't want in.
* Eight slots are purely first-come, first-serve.
* The remaining seven slots will, for the first 48 hours (or until they're full), be reserved for people who have NOT played in the past two mafia games (either Sylandra's Shakespeare game, or Kiradawea's Gods and Monsters game). Once that time limit is up, any overflow from the eight regular slots will fill in whatever's left here.
* Anyone who doesn't make it into the game will be offered an internship position, to fill in in case any players need to drop out for whatever reason.

Players:
1) Sylandra
2) Silvanus
3) Synkarin
4) Ssaliss
5) Lavinya
6) Ellowyn
7) Krackenor
8) Rolsand
9) Falmiis
10) Hoaracle
11) Cen
12) Ushaara
13) Kiradawea
14) Melali
15) Ileein
16) Ayisdra

Interns (Back-ups):
1) Cyna
2) Dylara
3) Cyndarin
4) Tremula
5) Thul
6) Othero
7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yes!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Drunk decisions = @Hoaracle wants to play Mafia 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    yesplz
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm in

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Paging @Ileein @Alondal @Cen since y'all posted in the main thread wanting a spot, here's your chance!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You can put me in a reserved slot, I've been in nearly every mafia game, and if someone who doesn't get a chance normally wants to play, I will give up my spot.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Sure, I'm in.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I really want to play! But I will give up my place for someone who hasn't had the opportunity if numbers require it.

• Yes please!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    No clue of the theme, but sign me up please and I'll start the binge-podcasting!
  • Power heavy and probably unbalanced mafia game? Sign me up. I want a challenge!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I've only heard references to Night Vale, but I want to play please!
  • Yes!
  • I've got the mafia bug now. I want in!
  • I'll play another round
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I'll play.
  • You can put me down, but again, if there's more interest put someone ahead of me. I was in the last two games (well, barely in Sylandra's awesome one) as well as Werewolf so I can live without and Mafia should be played by everyone! :D

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited May 2016
    Woo me, I'll intern if others want to play.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited May 2016
    Edit: nevermind.
  • Yes please!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I need a redemption from last time. I'm 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I have no idea what a Night Vale is, but let's do this.
  • All but one of the reserved slots are filled - if no one eligible for that spot (meaning they've not played in the last two mafia games) signs up, Dylara has dibs on it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh, wow. That filled up fast.
  • I'm still confused at what exactly this is, but sure, I will join (I can take a reserved slot, right?)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Listen to a few episodes of the podcast and you'll get the gist. They're not long, if I remember correctly.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I would like to play and I haven't played one before!
  • edited May 2016
    AM I TOO LATE TO BE A THING IN A NIGHTVALE MAFIA?1

I am :(
  • Looks like Ayisdra got the last slot. Role PMs and such will be going out tomorrow.
  • Othero said:
    AM I TOO LATE TO BE A THING IN A NIGHTVALE MAFIA?1

I am :(
    NVCR is always looking for interns. :)