The faithful wildnodes log - or a little bit of rushing against the odds

AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
At the time of this writing, this combat log is about 1 1/2 weeks old. It was my part of trying to keep trying against the odds, even after everybody else called it a day. It was hilarious on my part and I hope others had some fun too ( though I was sad that only @Shango was giving me a 1vs1 up there, I can certainly understand why people generally wouldn't during  a wildnodes ).

I'm sure there's a lot of errors to be found within this log, stuff I did wrong, stuff I messed up. Please, if you feel you found something and wan to be kind, Please do point them out. Even if I already realized and fixed them, I'm always thankful.

Also, a big sorry for Hallifax, for accidently picking up their node in the beginning there. That was one big derp :-(

Without further ado:
https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/b9f48158

It's sadly without colour as I don't log in HTML yet. But I hope it's readable and a little enjoyment for those reading it.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Oh god it's not in color. It burns our eyes. What did we ever do to you to deserve this cruel punishment?

P.S. Auarawarp + succumb + aeon is beastly. I'm glad logs like these get posted so I can point to them every time someone brings up the "moondancers are terrible" argument. A healer MD can absolutely ruin someone's day with 3 buttons. 

I got aurawarped, hit with succumb, reishi tried to cure aurawarp which failed, then I got hit with aeon, cured out, aeon'd again, and then was hit with another succumb tic then toaded. 

Beastly combination. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Oh god it's not in color. It burns our eyes. What did we ever do to you to deserve this cruel punishment?

P.S. Auarawarp + succumb + aeon is beastly. I'm glad logs like these get posted so I can point to them every time someone brings up the "moondancers are terrible" argument. A healer MD can absolutely ruin someone's day with 3 buttons. 

I got aurawarped, hit with succumb, reishi tried to cure aurawarp which failed, then I got hit with aeon, cured out, aeon'd again, and then was hit with another succumb tic then toaded. 

Beastly combination. 
    Aurawarp is a powerful affliction, no one ever argued that point, especially as your only chance is to run. But that same goes for any other class that can pick healing as it's tertiary. Aurawarp and bedevil more or less disable disable you curing the things you should.

Besides, from my point, there was never a "moondancers are terrible" but a "sleeplock is bad" argument. Sure, each tertiary to the MD can find their own way to kill. Besiides, with the changes discussed in the other thread and healing being reworked, I'm pretty sure that combination will be a thing of the past.

There's a reason I mentioned it's not in colour in the OP. It's beside this log, but given the fact that current Mudlet 3 corrupts my buttons to an unreadable mess and I can't fix it, switching logging to HTML on the fly is sadly, right now, impossible. And HTML logging on per default generated a lot of rather big files that I can not sift through without opening them all in a browser... so till mudlet 3 updates and fixes that problem, sadly the only thing I can provide -are- plain text logs. :(
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Have you tried highlighting the section out want to log and then right clicking and saying copy HTML? That works for me

Additionally, remind me later, but there's a function someone made awhile ago that screendumps into html logs. It gets weird when your buffer is huge, but it works fine as long as you haven't been logged in forever.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Have you tried highlighting the section out want to log and then right clicking and saying copy HTML? That works for me

Additionally, remind me later, but there's a function someone made awhile ago that screendumps into html logs. It gets weird when your buffer is huge, but it works fine as long as you haven't been logged in forever.
    That sounds both useful. In the case of the wildnodes that may be a little overkill, but am still thankful for any help getting around the issue of not being able to see or click the button. I have tried to find a code command to toggle it, but I haven't found anything that seemed to do the same as the button. Will remind you later!
  • You're missing a bit of the nuance of how the various afflictions I mentioned interact that is actually very unique to MDs and not the same for other healers. 

Firstly, and this is shared with Institute only (limited access to SDs), is that a aurawarp can prohibit aeon curing if timed correctly. Powerful, yes, but it's difficult to time aurawarp with aeon in groups when it's simply more viable to just spam aeon endlessly. Aurawarp is just gravy.

Secondly, and what makes moondancers unique is that aurawarp and succumb share the reishi cure, and (as far as I've been able to tell) having both and eating reishi will randomly try to cure one of them. So you will see people eat reishi which will try to cure aurawarp but because the healer is in the room, it fails and they are stuck with succumb. If the RNG gods hate you, you just get stuck with succumb eating your mana in huge chunks because you keep trying to cure aurawarp (this happened to me). Aurawarp can also prevent the eating of reishi altogether so the together make curing succumb fail more often than it succeeds!

It wasn't so much directed at you, just in general. We get in arguments over envoys/on reports about MDs  and how horrible/awful/whatever they are or how no one outside of Seren cares/understands etc etc. We do understand!

edited May 2016
    I didn't take it like it was directed at me, just wanted to make sure that I'm very well aware that aurawarp is quite a powerful thing.

Nuances are surely lost on me still, I have a lot of trouble still wrapping my head around this games PK and which is also why am always 'please, all suggestions welcome'. I try to get better, but it's a slow process for me. Learned something there thanks.

However, I am pretty sure that Aurawarp flat out prevents a batch of afflictions to be cured ( and thus, also succumb ). I was under the impression that timewarp was also amongst those, but I could be heavily mistaken, I have never dabbled into the institute. Though it may be very interesting to actually figure this out. I, for one, have never managed to cure myself of succumb while below aurawarp. I would have to retry with the current focus mechanics whether you can now.

edit: derp, meaning timewarp when I said insanity <.<
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You're missing what Celina is saying. 

Aurawarp does prevent people from curing in general, that's how it works, it stops people from eating, applying, sipping whatever. So yes it's general functionality causes it to stop curing of afflictions, but it's not a constant thing, there are windows where you CAN cure under aurawarp and that's where the succumb/aurawarp nuance comes in.

Aurawarp shares a reishi cure with succumb. What this means is that in addition to aurawarp doing it's innate deal with cure prevention, there's a chance that eating reishi to cure succumb instead tries to cure aurawarp, which is incurable as long as the healer is in the room. This means that above and beyond aurawarps normal mechanics, it has the potential to mess with succumb even more so than other afflictions because of the way it works. Does that make more sense?

To try and make it clearer, even if aurawarp isn't preventing you from eating at that particular moment, it could still stop succumb from curing where any other affliction would cure normally.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oh, that is the part I wasn't aware of, I never have seen it happen that someone cured succumb while still below aurawarp. That may very well just been that the pressure on reishi was there, of course. I simply assumed aurawarp flat out blocked the curing of succumb entirely.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Where's your health on the prompt? Do you just have bars or some visual aid on the right?

I wanted to see how effective CrowCaw spamming is and how much damage all my stuff was doing.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    Where's your health on the prompt? Do you just have bars or some visual aid on the right?

I wanted to see how effective CrowCaw spamming is and how much damage all my stuff was doing.

Sorry, I have bars filled with gmcp. Though m&m should show the %health lost in brackets?
    Oh I see it now, thanks.

Never used m&m, and with no colors, so hard to track!

On mushclient, you can just highlight the relevant portion, right click, copy as html, paste and save it as html in a notepad and voila.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I am guessing Power is in the same Bars? I feel as if you could've used Full a couple of times to escape some of these moments.

Is this Nightkiss or the other SD attack + Nightsweats?

Salome shifts to stand in front of you, locking her eyes with your own, eyelids spread wide. For 
    what feels an eternity you are lost in the dark, empty, unwholesome black depths that are Salome's 
    pupils, leaving your mind feeling enervated and fatigued.
    A black shadow materialises in the air before Salome and then quickly strikes you.
    A black shadow materialises in the air before Salome and then quickly strikes you.
    Thin tendrils of shadow reach out from Salome to rake across your skin.
  • First line is Nightgaze. Second and third lines are because she had a stolen shadow (it hits once for every damage type, but it does the same damage buff regardless). Fourth line is nightsweats. 
  • Mudlet 3 creates big files because every time the deleteLine() function is used in Mudlet it puts that line i nthe log twice and sometimes more. The only way I have found to keep file sizes small is the old gamer adage of "save early save often" except in this case you are toggling logging on and off. I sometimes forget and then end up with a 100mb+ html file. It's a nightmare.

I would use Mushclient for various reasons, but I do not relish the idea of building a system from the ground up. Lack of time and interest in that much coding.

If anyone knows a way to tell Mudlet to stop logging and start logging with a specific filename format and in HTML at a certain file size that would be amazing, I would even settle for a time based logging script.
    Yep, am guilty about forgetting to use moondance full all the time <.<
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Falmiis takes a deep breath, then slowly breathes out, as the temperature in the room falls and 
    banks of clouds roll in, masking the wyrd in a light frost.

That's pretty snazzy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I usually highlight and then copy-in-html. It's usually most reliable.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Screendump package
    Very handy package. I use it always. Helps to set your buffer to a ridiculous number (I like 500,000) and to clear your buffer after dumping.
  • Shaddus said:
    Falmiis takes a deep breath, then slowly breathes out, as the temperature in the room falls and 
    banks of clouds roll in, masking the wyrd in a light frost.

That's pretty snazzy.
    What is that? That looks freaking awesome. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Aeromancy condensation to make the room cloudy.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Aeromancy condensation to make the room cloudy.
    If I wasn't already a melder on my main I would totally go make an Aero alt. As is, Guardian is my new play toy when I feel bored.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's basically how tainting a wyrden room works, it just destroys the foliage and leaves the....anyway. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.