Project Phenotype

Comments

• Daraius said:
    @Luce here's what I've distilled from player self-identifications. Shame on those bats.

Furrikin - bat - Danna
    Furrikin - bat, Kialkarkea
    Furrikin - beaver - Vendetta
    Furrikin - coyote - Jelaludin
    Furrikin - ferret - Arix
    Furrikin - fox - Shiri
    Furrikin - fox - Dallym
    Furrikin - fox, fennec - Arimisia
    Furrikin - fox, arctic - Aerotan
    Furrikin - fox, red - Diamondais
    Furrikin - hedgehog - Rika
    Furrikin - mongoose - Shaddai
    Furrikin - otter - Maellio
    Furrikin - otter - Vix
    Furrikin - possum - Corinthian
    Furrikin - raccoon - Renthur
    Furrikin - red panda - Aiyana
    Furrikin - squirrel - Sylphas

Loboshigaru - dingo - Daraius
    I'm pretty sure I never went Furrikin on that character, but you're welcome to change it to Dylara who was in fact, a red foxkin at one point.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Just going by usernames in the old thread I found! Not everyone named their alts.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Just going by usernames in the old thread I found! Not everyone named their alts.
    What thread by chance? 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• For all intents and purposes I modeled Scanlan off smaller bear species, dark fur, and tree loving, spending alot of time in the branches so.

Tae'dae - sunbear - Scanlan

edited May 2016
    Dylara said:
    Daraius said:
    What thread by chance? 
    http://www.lusternia.com/node/28509
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    @Luce here's what I've distilled from player self-identifications. Shame on those bats.

Furrikin - bat - Danna
    Furrikin - bat, Kialkarkea
    Furrikin - beaver - Vendetta
    Furrikin - coyote - Jelaludin
    Furrikin - ferret - Arix
    Furrikin - fox - Shiri
    Furrikin - fox - Dallym
    Furrikin - fox, fennec - Arimisia
    Furrikin - fox, arctic - Aerotan
    Furrikin - fox, red - Diamondais
    Furrikin - hedgehog - Rika
    Furrikin - mongoose - Shaddai
    Furrikin - otter - Maellio
    Furrikin - otter - Vix
    Furrikin - possum - Corinthian
    Furrikin - raccoon - Renthur
    Furrikin - red panda - Aiyana
    Furrikin - squirrel - Sylphas

Loboshigaru - dingo - Daraius
    Lot of old names in that thread.

I've added them into the actual spreadsheet, less the two bats. I'm still mildly surprised no hares have been spotted or reported.

Also, anyone want to take a crack at the Enlightened Masters, Kryden Valik's aslaran, lobo pilgrims, the Irshaw tae'dae, or the cubs in Estelbar? And double check Teenie?

I might be convinced to collect the varying dog breed Lobos into Loboshigaru - Dog, in the same way Furrikin - Fox was. As was pointed out in the old thread, arctic foxes aren't even proper foxes, so if they get lumped in with the swift, red, grey, and fennec foxes...
  • I felt old after reading that thread, and nostalgic. (Old forums had a different way of dealing with names, so I know when I switched off Dia for good it just was easier to maintain the forum profile than start anew, sorry about the confusion!)

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Scanlan said:
    For all intents and purposes I modeled Scanlan off smaller bear species, dark fur, and tree loving, spending alot of time in the branches so.

Tae'dae - sunbear - Scanlan

And that accounts for one of the phenotypes I didn't know. I'll need to go back to Irshaw to grab the specific bear.
    I poked around Irshaw and couldn't determine anything substantial. I didn't see any with pale crescent bands on their chests, so I wouldn't declare any of them sunbears.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited May 2016
    Here's a loboshigaru pilgrim, if you still need it. It doesn't seem to have anything specific in terms of breed, though.
    Dressed in a simple robe and sandals, a loboshigaru has decided to hazard the elements and make a pilgrimage up Avechna's Peak. The large, sharpened teeth and bristling black fur are at odds with the loboshigaru's humble demeanor. Dust covered, he carries a worn backpack holding what little supplies he needs to carry on with his quest.
    Here are the Enlightened Masters. Again, nothing specific in terms of breed that I could see.
    Nearly as wide as he is tall, Cuetal is an intimidating figure, even as a short Loboshigaru. His short black fur and layers of fat barely hide the rippling muscles underneath his orange robes. Flat and pudgy, his red eyes scour the physique of those who come before him. Despite his daunting form, there is a mischievous gleam in his eyes and his mouth often quirks up in an enigmatic half smile.

Frail and covered in untidy brown hair, Ulan stands tall in his green robes, despite the curvature of his spine. Lost in deep contemplation, his eyes are filled with sorrow in a manner that makes him unaware of his surroundings. Shaggy and caked in dirt, his fur has not been cleaned in some time.

Frail and covered in long dark brown hair, Maccan stands tall, despite the curvature of his spine. A deep contemplation is apparent in his face and his sorrow filled eyes seem to be unaware of that which is about him. Shaggy and caked in dirt, his fur has evidently not been cleaned in many years.

Dressed in a simple, light blue robes, Inthal is tall even by the standards of his race. His ruffled fur sticks up in sloppy tufts about his robes, lacking the gloss usually found on loboshigaru fur. His eyes are a pale milky-white, but though he is blind he senses the presence of those around him.

Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Yeah. The old designs are really subpar. Especially with what we've gotten as of late. Back then, it was churning out content as quickly as possible. These days there's a lot more quality control on descriptions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    edited May 2016
    Kinda off topic but I've always been super bugged by Ulan and Maccan having the same description.
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was actually assuming they were brothers. Their descriptions are JUST different enough to indicate that they were in fact not copy/pasted (Maccan having longer and darker fur, for instance), so it felt like intentional twinning, something I've done with character descriptions Elsewhere.
  • You people have a lovely obsession to detail. I recall encountering a boar-like furrikin years back, but unfortunately I can't remember the name. He was pudgy with little tusks.
    See you in Sapience.
  • At one time i had made a weasel/ferret furrikin in glom to try out monkishness. I know i eas torn since i hadnt seen any evidence of them and wasnt sure if they would be considered cute furry types. I was thinking of all the badguys from the redwall series for inspiration.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Try as I might I can't remember my character's name (started with Ga-, can't remember past that. Old, old alt from my first year of playing), but I had a snow leopard aslaran.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited June 2016
    Search email address for "Character deletion warning for Gawossname."?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Luce said:
    Yeah, uh. I probably deleted that email the moment I received it. Do people really hold onto years-old unimportant emails? What does your inbox look like? :P
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    >_> *hides her inbox*
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Phoebus said:
    Luce said:
    Yeah, uh. I probably deleted that email the moment I received it. Do people really hold onto years-old unimportant emails? What does your inbox look like? :P
    99 unread in the primary box, probably 1000 unread overall...Uh...I can pull up emails and conversations from at least 2006..? It was worth a shot though.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My email has about 17k unread emails. I think I need Hillary Clinton.

Pesuakaru was a Raccoon Furrikin, btw.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Already had Pesu accounted for, I think. I'm going to go through this project again with a finer toothed comb when I get home. Keep them coming though!

To add: Saw @Kilee, who went from chocolate Lab to Husky or Malamute under lobo. 
    Clarification still needed: Lobo monks, Pilgrims. Aslaran from Kryden Valik (I still don't know the location). 

Also: Did Centaubi create horses, donkeys, and ponies, or did Bollikin do the last one? What about gila monsters, frillies, or geckos? Were all of those Mugowumpis? Someone else? Are there any other creatures Other Elders made that Bollikin splintered into anyway, like dogs and bears?
  • Skreet plays a black rat furrikin. Dunno if that's useful to you, but just thought I'd put it out there.
  • Yarou was a goat furrikin.

Aeral is a panther aslaran, not that that's really extremely out there. She's gone through a few description changes though.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Luce said:
    Already had Pesu accounted for, I think. I'm going to go through this project again with a finer toothed comb when I get home. Keep them coming though!

To add: Saw @Kilee, who went from chocolate Lab to Husky or Malamute under lobo. 
    Clarification still needed: Lobo monks, Pilgrims. Aslaran from Kryden Valik (I still don't know the location). 

Also: Did Centaubi create horses, donkeys, and ponies, or did Bollikin do the last one? What about gila monsters, frillies, or geckos? Were all of those Mugowumpis? Someone else? Are there any other creatures Other Elders made that Bollikin splintered into anyway, like dogs and bears?
    Reptiles (uh corrupted gators?), spiders/scorpis were Blooredi, I believe. Volkh, wolves, if we hold to the dogs descended from wolves thing.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Added Daxenfer Honeypunch and Honey badgers. 'cause they don't Give a-
  • I played a Furrikin who was a stoat. Because stoats are cute, right? So cute. I also know of a mugwump who resembles a fire salamander.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Drauzgot said:
    I played a Furrikin who was a stoat. Because stoats are cute, right? So cute. I also know of a mugwump who resembles a fire salamander.
    Names?

Hoaracle said:
    For more NPCs from our Jojobo arc... Sidwesh, Mraxin, and Sakhmis are all lion-based aslaran (although Mraxin is rather ambiguous in terms of his description). Sakhmis specifically is meant to look like those lionesses that grow a mane. Though they possess the same descriptions of more "base" Goldenclaw wiccans - Anaara and Jyoath (from the Highwater release, the Sako Tleem event, and the final event at year's end) are meant to look like a jaguar and a cheetah, respectively. Both the male and female Goldenclaw hexchiefs looked more tiger-like (although, who can really tell when they are mostly shaved with scarification), while the male and female Dawnburst druids are cougars and tigers, respectively. 
    Added those who didn't already have any (notable Anaara as a Jaguar and male Dawnburst cougars). Were any of these explicitly called by their specie/Phenotype?
  • @Luce, Tasvei was a stoat. I can't remember who the fire salamander is. Tirah, I think? When she's in mugwump body.