Dreamweaving Concerns

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Never mind
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    Shaddus said:
    Guys, stop feeding it and it'll go away.

Nah, she will just go back to dreamgriefing. Unless you mean "go away from the forums"?

If she can't kill anyone competent, she might as well.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You are the people putting the bad image on me, my 'concerns' should be very concerning to everyone. I understand that Gods are busy and I don't expect these things to happen instantly, I know that I'll need to see how dreamweaving changes before I start these kinds of discussions. My idea WAS simple and made sense. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lol

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You have not been summoned or moved from your nexus.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You cannot be summoned out of your organization, which is what I said. That means that someone has to actually go into enemy territory (prime Serenwilde) to attack your physical body. This is far more risky than flitting about in dreamform. Malarious can chainyank you one room away, but that is still in enemy territory for him. I have my facts right. You are the one who does not know what you are talking about, and apparently have no interest in doing anything but whine.
    Silvanus said:

You actually can be moved from the Prime nexus, because it is part of the organization territory. Off-prime nexuses are not (cannot put guards there), so you are protected. On Prime, the limitation is the org's borders. We gust / rad people off the Ravenwood every so often (usually Calesta).
  • Silvanus said:
    You can pull people off the prime nexus only. I didn't know this either until someone showed me. 
  • The skillset is not broken, you are using it wrong. I accept then, that the dreambody is useless, and that I shouldn't use it. I don't really see how me walking up to an enemy and attacking them is easier than the dreambody. Even with sleepmist people don't fall asleep, I'd have to time things perfectly and I'm sure if I made something to do that then it would be heavily frowned upon and bitched about. The thing is, I'm not even close to being able to sleep anyone. When I cast sleepmist and slumber, they put their defences up once again, meaning even if I did have a way to quickly cast another sleep then they'd still ignore it, and it would continue. I assume that Nirvana shouldn't be used at all, meaning no dreamjack... Since that's a dreambody thing, and why would you fall asleep in front of your enemy anyway... It just offers them an even easier target than the dreambody for them to afflict. Not that dreamjacking is possible with the lack of sleeping...
  • I've been pulled more than one room away by Malarious and Synkarin, so please, shush and don't continue with this silliness. Serenwilde needs protection in certain places and I haven't bothered to raise this with anyone mainly because I'm lazy and don't really care about those deaths, but it infuriates me when people who are ignorant spout a load of nothing.
  • Dreamweaving no longer requires the target to be asleep to be effective, that has been changed from how dreamweaving previously worked. The endgame of dreamweaving is now eternalsleep, which does not require the target to actually be asleep.

The game has moved away from sleep tactics (or is trying to).

Dreamjack is weird, it's a nonsensical skill if you ask me but ultimately dreamweaving doesn't need it. You have a toolkit outside of it. Ironically, it was designed  by the admin you keep appealing to, not the envoys. 

You are a druid, your kill method is in your primary skillset (druidry). Your tertiary exists to support this and/or provide alternatives. If you want to know how your skills work, ask rather than making demands and general commentary about game balance. People will (well maybe not now after you annoyed them all) generally be glad to explain things to you. 

Fralunah said:
    I've been pulled more than one room away by Malarious and Synkarin, so please, shush and don't continue with this silliness. Serenwilde needs protection in certain places and I haven't bothered to raise this with anyone mainly because I'm lazy and don't really care about those deaths, but it infuriates me when people who are ignorant spout a load of nothing.
    You must be infuriated an awful lot; this is literally what you have done in every post in this thread (including the one I am quoting here).  Malarious cannot move you more than one room at a time, that is how chainyank works.  Sidd can move you more, but only by using Empress (which requires you not to have REJECTed him, and not be in a room with a monolith sigil).  Either way, they cannot move you out of Serenwilde; they are in enemy territory, and game mechanics do not allow them to do anything except move you around inside it.

PS: @Maylea , what did you do this thread?  It does not even show up on the "Recent Discussions" tab for me!
  • Dreamjack would be good and fun, if done better. Not having it work, or work whenever it wants to, is annoying af. Obviously you need to sleep a person and even then they resist it, even though they've attacked me first or you're in their territory.
  • That's weird, it's showing up on Recent Discussions for me.
    Maylea said:
    That's weird, it's showing up on Recent Discussions for me.
    I figured it out; apparently Ideas were marked as "hidden" for me, but the forum settings are set to "all categories" instead of "followed categories" so everything gets displayed...

... except on Recent Discussions, where it filters out anything that is hidden.

Weird!  But fixed.  Thanks for helping give a data point that let me track it down. :)
  • Fralunah said:
    Dreamjack would be good and fun, if done better. Not having it work, or work whenever it wants to, is annoying af. Obviously you need to sleep a person and even then they resist it, even though they've attacked me first or you're in their territory.
    There's a long, long explanation of why dreamjack was made the way it is and agreed upon by the envoys, but the short version is that it's not going to change. I'm sorry it's "annoying af." Have you considered shamanism? 
  • @Xenthos Just leave, please. I've been pulled more than one room away by Malarious and Synkarin Was what I said. I've got no idea what you're on about when you say that game mechanics don't allow them to move me out of Serenwilde. That's not the problem and you know it isn't so stop raising useless points and arguments. You're massively pulling this away from the point for the sake of annoying me and making yourself look clever or wise. It doesn't MATTER that they can only drag me around so much. Serenwilde is badly protected and Ryboi said we can't afford to move guards. Your points are wrong and worthless. It doesn't matter that they can only move me from adjacent rooms or whatever, as long as they can drag me from the room in which I am protected, that is all that matters. As I've said, I give minus one shit about being killed with this method, but I give many about you blatantly lying to my face when I know better, and being you're simply being stubborn.

I'm going to calm down after this post, and from every post that comes after, I will calmly pick apart your pettifog with an analytical mindset, in the style of a true Lusternian debate...
  • I have considered Shamanism, it looks fun. I'd miss Dreamweaving though.
  • I really hate how your trying to improve a class that's crazy good or at least balanced while there are a bunch of crippled classes that are having a hard time and can't even do anything.
    No, I see no reason to leave.  You've got no idea what you're talking about.  Being in enemy territory is a pretty big disadvantage, so them not being able to pull you out of Serenwilde is actually a pretty big deal.  When they're in enemy territory, anyone can attack & murder them with no repercussions (and can even summon guards, discretionaries, etc. to make it that much more unpleasant).  So, yes, it absolutely matters that they can only drag you so much.  They have to actually put themselves at risk to deal with your physical body, whereas you do not experience anywhere near the same level of risk when you go dreamgriefing.  Huge difference, and until that changes, Dreambodies deserve no buffs.
  • Xenthos. I was in an enemy territory when both Malarious and Synkarin have killed me (My dreambody anyway.) Do you not understand this? You continue to raise useless points and at this time I feel like just ignoring you. I do face risk going in dreambody, I'm still in enemy territories, and anyone can murder and attack me anyway. 

You once again, miss the point completely. I've said multiple times, either buff dreamweaving, or change it's purpose. You have multiple times, not paid any attention to this. As far as I'm aware dreamjacking and sleep immunites will remain even when dreamweaving is changed, so this discussion is still relevant, unlike your time wasting comments. I cannot summon guards and dictionaries (Which I don't know about and don't care about.) so this means nothing to me. Serenwilde is unwilling to do fuck all about the guard placement (Or Ryboi is, doesn't really matter.) 

You complain about there being no risk for me, but ask that there be no risk for you either? Please. 
  • edited June 2016
    Leave the clown outfit at home. 
    Someone has a fear of clowns. Look out @Synkarin, take off the makeup when you get home.

As many people have said in this thread, and to correct off-topicness, you cannot buff something that is already balanced for now. The skillset can be changed in time, however, that's not going to happen instantly. While I appreciate your concerns and passion for the skillset, just keep in mind that it is balanced right now, and you are asking it to become unbalanced with the idea that it will be more balanced in your favor to attack people on a nexus, and give you less risk of being caught.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Fralunah said:
    Xenthos. I was in an enemy territory when both Malarious and Synkarin have killed me (My dreambody anyway.) Do you not understand this? You continue to raise useless points and at this time I feel like just ignoring you. I do face risk going in dreambody, I'm still in enemy territories, and anyone can murder and attack me anyway. 

You once again, miss the point completely. I've said multiple times, either buff dreamweaving, or change it's purpose. You have multiple times, not paid any attention to this. As far as I'm aware dreamjacking and sleep immunites will remain even when dreamweaving is changed, so this discussion is still relevant, unlike your time wasting comments. I cannot summon guards and dictionaries (Which I don't know about and don't care about.) so this means nothing to me. Serenwilde is unwilling to do fuck all about the guard placement (Or Ryboi is, doesn't really matter.) 

You complain about there being no risk for me, but ask that there be no risk for you either? Please. 
    Your dreambody being in enemy territory doesn't matter, because the only thing that can be done to your dreambody are violet/kether/psiblade, by anyone who's not a Dreamweaver themselves at least.  There's essentially no risk to your dreambody as long as you're smart about it.  They could not kill your dreambody, so they went after your physical-- which entails far more risk to them than you court as a dreamform.

I am not the one missing the point here.  You are.  You're asking for dreamweaving buffs.  I'm telling you that it's not happening until the disparity in risk is rectified.  It is absolutely relevant, nor is it a waste of time.  Dreambodies are not getting buffs unless they get equivalently more risk.

PS: Right now, there is almost no risk for either side, which is balanced (but very annoying).  You're asking there to be more risk to one side, and not the other.  Changing a balanced status quo to buff one side and not the other is actually what we call "imbalanced".
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Fralunah said:
     I've said multiple times, either buff dreamweaving, or change it's purpose. 

You've been told multiple times by combatants with a very wide base of experience, envoys for varied guilds with Dreamweaving as an option, actual dreamweavers with experience, your own envoy, and the envoy who had been and still is spearheading the attempts to bring Dreamweaving in-line with other tertiary skills that you have been misunderstanding the purpose of Dreamweaving. You are using a square peg. We are telling you the hole is round. You are responding that we should square up the hole.
  • edited June 2016
    I believe Xenthos is right your Dreambody is just a puppet it won't harm you main body.
  • edited June 2016
    This basic dreamweaving ability allows the dreamwalker to leave his or her physical body and enter the dreambody, and also to unite them together again. The dreamwalker must be asleep and the physical body left behind. While in the dreambody, a dreamwalker will be able to see other dreamwalkers and also people in other non-corporeal forms. It is extremely important that the physical body is protected and in a safe location as if it dies, so too will the dreamwalker. Most dreamweaving abilities only function while you are in the dreambody.
This discussion has been closed.