Dreamweaving Concerns

Comments

• Sure, cooldown on dreamweaving, making violet/kether/psiblade prevent/interrupt slipping into nirvana, whatever works, so that she can be hogtied and killed over and over everytime she dreamweaves for the sake of harassment. Or shrub her. Yeah, I'll take up the advice on issuing her. But abilities that this kind of griefing should be on the top priority chopping block to be removed, please. Hotfixing it while waiting for whenever the whatever report and upcoming changes are coming will be a very good idea.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You immediately snap back to your body as a ghost, but I'm rather sure that you do take regular death penalties for your dreambody location. So if you have conglute, you'll then conglute from where your body is etc. This does mitigate some death penalties (especially for demigods), but you ARE tracked for where your dreambody is and I think that extends to the actual penalty. 
  • edited June 2016
    I was going to say something in regards but seems I missed it and it all got covered.

However, I do wish to thank @Enyalida for not only being a good source of Dreamweaving information, but also having rather unbiased opinion and understanding when it has come to the discussion in this thread, its appreciated to see someone willing to consider and discuss rather than demand and blame.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2016
    Edit: Edited to comply with changing circumstances.
    That would not work, no. 
  • I wasn't paying attention to this thread before and did not realize she was still doing this. We had an IC chat that will hopefully put and end to it.

But seriously @Fralunah I couldn't put it this way ICly, but this is a game and your actions have been pretty much harassment. 
  • edited June 2016
    Just now having gotten around to reading this thread.  After IC interactions with Fralunah I have gotten her word that she intends to stop this. We also exchanged a few words on an OOC level about it as well. As much as I know many are frustrated by her actions, I ask that she be given a fair shake to see if she can reform before any issues are made.

Edit: She did try to Dreamweave me once randomly when I first re-awoke to the world so I am a tad annoyed by it as well, however sometimes it takes a splash of water to get people to realize what they are doing is not necessarily right.
  • I'm 98% sure that fair shake has come and gone a few times over. 
  • Well back to the topic.  I am struggling to figure out all the new Dreamweaving things, Like I only recently figured out how ot enter Nirvana and then today how to Jack someone else to Nirvana.  Outside an extra questing/hunting/influencing area for dreamweavers dos Nirvana serve any other purpose?

What other new things should I take a look at as well?
  • I'll admit that I'm more than a little worried that what is about to happen is exactly what I told Fralunah would happen if she didn't stop griefing people (more fool me for assuming that would make her stop): There will be attempts to take away the grieftastic capabilities, and the attempts will end up meaning that those many of us (i.e., everybody other than Fralunah) who have been using the skill responsibly no longer have any fun toys to play with.

I truly hate that this deliciously cool skillset has turned into a 7 page ragethread because of one person. I truly hate that :(
    edited June 2016
    Nirvana will have some more purpose post update. I have a few ideas for even more cool utility stuff in Nirvana that could go through in future, too! 

It just never really occurred to me that slip would be griefier than just using bodysnap, but it makes sense. With bodysnap, you have the same instant escape feature, but it costs power, has a long eq cost, and you have to take the time to travel back to your target. 

EDIT: There have been a few stern talks already IC, btw. 
  • We probably should have guessed it would be used that way lol. 
  • We probably should have guessed it would be used that way lol. 
    Rule #34b "There is grief of it"?
  • @Versalean - In my observation in the thread in the least the Envoys have been constructive towards the skills and more biased towards the person, if anything just try and remember their job isnt to ruin the game, but instead to find the balance, and speak up to envoys IC and express ideas, in my experience they are often willing to hear out and explain, enemies and allies alike.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Plus, Enyalida's been working on the special report for a long time, while this instance of grieving is a much more recent occurrence. I don't think Enyalida's going to suddenly go and write massive changes into the report based on this thread, throwing out all the other hard work that's been done.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2016
    Lerad said:
    Sure, cooldown on dreamweaving, making violet/kether/psiblade prevent/interrupt slipping into nirvana, whatever works, so that she can be hogtied and killed over and over everytime she dreamweaves for the sake of harassment. Or shrub her. Yeah, I'll take up the advice on issuing her. But abilities that this kind of griefing should be on the top priority chopping block to be removed, please. Hotfixing it while waiting for whenever the whatever report and upcoming changes are coming will be a very good idea.
    I'm going to go out of my way and say that I'm absolutely against the idea of shrubbing someone because you don't like how annoying they are. If she's not breaking any rules, just go out of your way to be annoying back. Kill Aspects, raid Ladies, cut elders, hunt Fralunah down, whatever, but she's not breaking rules any more than Cyndarin is breaking rules when she attacks random people, or Shuyin doing the same thing so long ago, or, quite frankly, when I played Asani and did almost the same things to Serenwilde.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Harassment is against the rules of the game. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:
    Define harassment and how often someone is allowed to raid or poke someone else on the other side before it turns into harassment. I'll wait.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Enyalida said:
    Define harassment and how often someone is allowed to raid or poke someone else on the other side before it turns into harassment. I'll wait.
    10 straight hours of dreambody-griefing enemy organizations is harassment.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If any parties who have been subject to harassment want to return the favour, do so. If you want to issue, do so, but I wouldn't recommend doing both. 

Either the admin or you can solve your problem. (Personally, I'd hunt her to Newton, but that's my Mag side talking [also has she left them alone entirely?])
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    Enyalida said:
    I don't think that's our job. One can certainly feel harassed, however, and refer it to the admin and let them decide if it is or not. I'd be inclined to ISSUE ME in that instance - ISSUE ME X person has been doing this behaviour repeatedly for hours on end and I'm finding it really frustrating and upsetting and I feel it's deliberate harassment. Can you please advise if this is something that is actually ok?

I mean, it's not like shrubbings are in any way whatsoever something anyone other than the admin can rule on. 

• Each side has dreamweavers, Dreamweave her back. I've also seen her die multiple times, so killing her doesn't seem to be an issue. She clearly chose this path, so she obviously knows the consequences of these actions. Take precautions so she can't get you, surely she'll get bored soon enough.
  • edited June 2016
    ETA: Deleted my post because this thread isn't about an individual. However annoying.
  • This thread is about an individual, and don't pretend you've not turned it into a bashing thread. 

I made a serious suggestion and you all brought up crap points and lies about myself.
    10 straight hours of dreambody-griefing enemy organizations is harassment.
    Didn't happen, do not pretend it did, Liar...
  • As a note, Lerad has been waiting for me to 'attack' glomdoring once more, and has decided to file an issue which is innacurate and leaves out the fact that 3 Glommies stood in a room waiting for me to appear with reflexes to cast violet on me when I appeared. Bit extreme, and a bit cheaty, isn't it? I bet you don't even need Indigo to do that.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Discussing issues on the forums is a big big no go. You should avoid doing that.

• Meh, I personally feel that the issue should be sent to everyone and posted in every room to show how far the slander goes. Obviously I know that I shouldn't otherwise I would have posted the entire thing and inserted my opinions between the lines. You should really read this... Some of things they say is just pure crap.

Also, 'Dreamweaving is based towards players with no curing system' ect. ect. ect. Dreamweavers can't even sip in dreambody. I don't see how the insomnia crap (yes this again) is fair, as well as the violet spam which once again I assume doesn't need indigo. It completely negates the point of being phased. I'm pretty sure Dylara has something to blast me whenever I walk into a room...
  • Dreamweaving's full combat potential depends on you being physically present in the actual site of combat. You are not meant to be able to be more than a nuisance while phased -- this is true for all variations of the ability across all IRE games. Phase is a tool for spying and for getting past defenses like totems and guards. It is not for full-fledged combat; for that, bring your body and your meld.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Dreamweaving's full combat potential depends on you being physically present in the actual site of combat. You are not meant to be able to be more than a nuisance while phased -- this is true for all variations of the ability across all IRE games. Phase is a tool for spying and for getting past defenses like totems and guards. It is not for full-fledged combat; for that, bring your body and your meld.
    Please don't start with melds. It's been stated that Phase isn't good at spying anymore. Especially not when everyone has reflexes to kill those that are phased without knowing they're there... I thought serpents could be quite lethal from phase and jump out without being disabled for about 10 seconds though I'm not completely sure on that. 

Melds take time to set up, and even more time to get effects flowing. Besides the fact that no one will ever stumble into your meld unless they're attacking, in which case, a much more experienced druid than me will be using that meld and that person will avoid the meld or destroy it. There's literally one thing a dreamweaver can do while physically there, puncture auras. The list of motes are all silly apart from memoryloss which can break reflexes until someone quits their client... and other people can apply those afflictions without half the effort needed by a dreamweaver to do so, but this isn't important. Dreamweaving will change, so this entire statement no longer matters. Grabbing people into your meld will become easier, so you can set it up and wait for a victim to appear... Puncturing isn't needed in Nirvana and motes will probably become free and no longer cost power compared to other powers which can use the effects of the motes for nothing.
This discussion has been closed.