Mudlet Questions

Comments

• I somehow broke the mapper on mudlet,  It lists the room name etc howevere there is no graphic for the map at all how do I ffix this?
  • Makaela said:
    I somehow broke the mapper on mudlet,  It lists the room name etc howevere there is no graphic for the map at all how do I ffix this?
    I have had this problem for years. No one has been able to solve it other than by giving me their map. Signal boost!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • well that is a bit disheartening. Anyone with a map for me to use ?
  • edited June 2016
    If your mapper isn't completely broken you can always use rf room name.
  • And I think tarxui has a mapper that you can rip out.
  • rf is not working for me either.  I even tried a complete reinstall of mudlet but the fresh install keeps all the old profiles
  • I had a problem recently with the map where it would crash mudlet when I tried loading it, I uninstalled the map (delete it from the Mudlet file) and then redownloaded it.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• update: Just tried nother fresh install and did a computer wide search of everything mudlet related. Turns out Win10 is stupid and moves the map files somewhere else from the rest of the files, as well as profile information. everything is now fixed and working
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Makaela said:
    Turns out Win10 is stupid
    Why am I not surprised :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Mudlet has always put profiles and the like outside of the program folder. At least since seven, I'm pretty sure.
  • Anyone else use the IRE Mudlet Mapper and having issues with RF command? 

Mine is looking like this =>

> rf aetherplex
    You know the following relevant rooms:
      the Aetherplex Chamber (
    You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.

After the first parentheses things just cut off and don't print anything else out?
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • Anyone using the Mudlet Mapper and have the mconfig Curiotypes working properly for speedwalking?

Occasionally it will use one of the curiobixes, never my epic Orgbix, but as soon as it enters the curiobix room it says the room is not mapped and stalls. It is also very very rare that it will use one to begin with.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Mudlet mapper in general is irritating as of late.
  • Sounds like someone checked in a dud release... my last update for the mapper killed my RF alias... 

Is there even an option for the curio bixes? I know it won't automatically use my aetherbubble bixes... sadly.
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • edited June 2016
    There are mconfig options for curio bixes, org bixes, and bubble bixes. It does not seem to check properly for being outside though, and it loses itself the few times it uses a bix and ends up in the special room for them.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It may have to do something with the lusternian xml. If the rooms aren't mapped correctly in the xml, then it won't recognize that there are exits there.

I don't have any issues with the mapper and I'm using a map I created myself.

@Zarialle - try uninstalling it and re-installing it. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    @Zarialle - try uninstalling it and re-installing it. 

I did - it's still not RF'ing correctly. I've never had it do this before... just a little weird. 

Zarialle's first dance:
  • I can't even download the latest map from IRE since the built in feature to do it through the button doesn't actually work.
  • Yeah, it does not download it for me either and then it has a glitch and shows a blank map screen so I have to go in and manually load the most recent map.dat file
    What version do you guys have?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Of Mudlet? 3.0.0 delta
    mapper script

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Not sure how to check the map version, but I notice in the XML none of the bix rooms exist, so wondering if I can manually put the information in the XML and that will make it work.
  • I've done it with both the one that came with Mudlet and the one on the Mudlet wiki
    check RL in a mapped room, the version should be listed at the bottom of the output

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    check RL in a mapped room, the version should be listed at the bottom of the output
    Version 16.6.2
  • Not on my proper setup right now, but just tried it with both 12.12.3 and 16.6.2.

I can still do RF, but my map is blank and area list shows all areas having 0 rooms.
  • When my map goes blank I go into 'settings>mapper>load another map file' then goto wherever your .config folder is for mudlet and then the profile folder and the map folder and select the most recent .dat file. If that one does not work select the second most recent .dat file.
    Falmiis said:
    Not on my proper setup right now, but just tried it with both 12.12.3 and 16.6.2.

I can still do RF, but my map is blank and area list shows all areas having 0 rooms.

• Oh, I know how to fix the broken map. Just annoying because I'd like to download the latest one from IRE.
    @Zarialle -  it seems that echo_colour isn't saving correctly.

To fix it, open up the script folders, find the 'Load Settings' and underneath the mmp = mmp or {..stuff..} table put this in

mmp.echo_colour = "MediumBlue"

that should fix the 'rf' issue.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.