Piercings?

So, looking through the HELP PIERCINGS thingy, and I saw the list of places available to pierce and how many times (obviously), and being the Fluer that I am, an idea popped in my head, which I shall now present to you all. You're welcome
First, here are the piercings available:

a) left/right eyebrow
b) left/right nostril
c) septum (the part of the nose between your nostrils)
d) upper/lower lip
e) tongue
f) labret (between bottom lip and chin)
g) left/right ear (up to five piercings allowed in each ear)
h) left/right nipple
i) navel

I saw upper and lower lips, and the Labret, but I myself have a unique piercing that I wish to put on my character: My Dahlias.
They are dermals that are on both corners of my lips and I, for one, think they're adorable, which is part of my idea: Dahlias as piercings in Lusternia. I also suggest bridges, which are piercings on the bridge of your nose that stay between your eyes- Up to two, maybe? o3o And maybe be able to have 2 septum rings, now that I'm pushing the envelope? At the very least, I would like my Dahlias, pretty please?

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks you, "Who was that person, again?"
Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks you, "The ones that were asking you?"
You say, "My moms."
Avurekhos's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.
Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks, "They have no name?"
You say, "Liwase and Kialooperherpaderp."

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2013
    I think the main problem would be that 'Dahlia' is not a body part, and your run-of-the-mill player will have no idea what it means in terms of piercings to begin with. I certainly didn't until seeing your picture!

Bridge would be nice. I miss my bridge.

Along the same vein, I would like to see a new Studs pattern: Bars/Barbells. Being limited to studs and hoops (while workable with some sidestep-designing) is sort of frustrating when neither of the terms really fits what I want to be wearing.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

• Eritheyl said:
    I think the main problem would be that 'Dahlia' is not a body part, and your run-of-the-mill player will have no idea what it means in terms of piercings to begin with. I certainly didn't until seeing your picture!

Along the same vein, I would like to see a new Studs pattern: Bars/Barbells. Being limited to studs and hoops (while workable with some sidestep-designing) is sort of frustrating when neither of the terms really fits what I want to be wearing.
    I agree.
    Also, horse-shoe would be a nice pattern.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks you, "Who was that person, again?"
    Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks you, "The ones that were asking you?"
    You say, "My moms."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Hanging a horseshoe from your nose sounds uncomfortable. While I have no piercings, I do own horses, and am a firm believer in never wearing equine footware on my face.
    A curved barbell would suit that purpose, too!

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:

Also, they have descriptions for where the piercings are, like Septum and Labret. Could just put "Dahlia left/right (the corners of your lips)" as piercing description? O3O

You say, "My moms."
    You have to consider how piercings look from another player's perspective, though. They would just see 'a stud through his right Dahlia', which would be strange.

-

• No... The name of the piercing would be Dahlia.. And.. I... I'm confused... ~scritch-scratches head~

You say, "My moms."
  • Piercings have to fit the "He/She is wearing... ...a <short description of stud> in his/her <body part>..." scheme used in player descriptions for the currently existing jewelery. For example: "He is wearing a gold stud in his left ear."

"He is wearing a gold stud in his Dahlia left." doesn't really work, and I can't think of any concise enough phrase that would work there.
  • edited March 2013
    I got a troll for asking a question -.-
    I thought the actual PIERCING was called Dahlia, and the corner of my lip was just called the corner of my lip?
    Also, couldn't it just be the same as the left/right normal lip rings, only "(description) Dahlia"?

You say, "My moms."
  • A dahlia stud? Though I'd think you had flowers in your face.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Also, though I think it's an interesting idea, you have to understand that not everyone will know what a Dahlia is, and if they look at you, they should be able to tell what and where you are pierced with.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Shaddus said:
    Also, though I think it's an interesting idea, you have to understand that not everyone will know what a Dahlia is, and if they look at you, they should be able to tell what and where you are pierced with.
    Well it can say "He/She has (blah) Dahlia stud (or whatever) on the left/right corner of his/her lips"!

You say, "My moms."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So... what is a Dahlia stud? How would I know that by looking at you? Who was Dahlia?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I, too, would just assume you have a flower-shaped lip piercing.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2013
    Isn't that already how it works, anyways? He/She has a (short desc of the jewelry item in question) in his/her (location of piercing).  I'd just call what you want a 'lower lip piercing', and specify what's going on in the long description of the jewelry, where anyone can see it using the LOOK AT <blah> ON <person> syntaxes. Problem solved.
  • Celina said:
    Hanging a horseshoe from your nose sounds uncomfortable. While I have no piercings, I do own horses, and am a firm believer in never wearing equine footware on my face.
    Agreed.  I don't mind the idea of having new piercing spots, but wearing something on your face when it's been traditionally worn by an animal or worn at some other place does not seem all that...............for lack of a better word, cool.
    She was being facetious (at least, I hope). Horseshoe is a stupid name for incomplete hoop-type jewelry.

If you're also being facetious, well. It's not funny anymore :P

-

• The bridge of the nose piercings would be /very/ odd for the non-human races. Try it with a lobo. Or an aslaran. Cat faces. I'm not even going to touch dracnari or taurian. It's got to work for /everybody/ though I admit some things are still odd for the non-human races. That's my two cents worth.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    They'd be no stranger than navel or nipple piercings on any of the above races.

-

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Alary said:
    The bridge of the nose piercings would be /very/ odd for the non-human races. Try it with a lobo. Or an aslaran. Cat faces. I'm not even going to touch dracnari or taurian. It's got to work for /everybody/ though I admit some things are still odd for the non-human races. That's my two cents worth.
    What... never seen a minotaur with a hoop through its nose? I'm referring to turians in this case... and while I know it's not exactly the same in the end, it's close enough.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    What... never seen a minotaur with a hoop through its nose? I'm referring to turians in this case... and while I know it's not exactly the same in the end, it's close enough.
    What you're referring to is a septum piercing which I believe we already have available. A bridge piercing would be on the bridge of the nose between your eyes.
  • So since this is a rather old post I'm assuming it's unlikely bridge piercings will become a possible? I really wanted one for this character!