Wyrden Annex Project - Lend me your voices! Sign ups are here!

edited June 2016 in The Real World
It's been a while since I've been able to give anyone an update on this project, but here is what I will be doing. I've been busy with college, and I haven't felt in the mood to do something constructive other than schoolwork. But since it's summer Since @Tacita 's files sometimes work, and sometimes don't I want to get everyone in on the project of reading out the history of Lusternia and placing it somewhere it can be accessed. The history is a great undertaking, and I'm surprised Tactia did so much, so thanks to her. The Wyrden Annex Project goes just beyond Glomdoring, I hope one day to extend it out to an archive of many audiobooks of our hard work, with YOUR help!

What are you signing up for?

You are signing up to record your voice, in mp3 format so that it can be edited for Lusternia as a part of its narrative and ongoing story. A great opportunity to get involved with our community. This is a commitment that when you sign up for, I hope you will follow through. So make sure when you sign up, you sign up to do it! Send me a message!

How do I submit my mp3 files?

You can e-mail them to me at salomenightshade@gmail.com, attach the files, or multiple files.

How many can I do at a time?

Your limit would be one or two. Depending upon how many sign up!

What if someone is already doing a book or part that I want to do?

I'm sorry, but this is a first come, first serve basis concerning Lusternian History. If you do want to be apart of the narrative of the archives, I would suggest picking a book or little piece of something, such as a published work/or artisinal review on pictures or drawings/or even narrating a play like radio drama. It will be sorted and edited by me, with your preferences in mind, just send me a message here or an e-mail.

Can I get paid for doing this?

Well, no. But you can feel like you are enriching the welcoming environment Lusternia already has, giving living voices to the text we all adore. Isn't that enough payment?

-

Key:
bolded things  - All of the small sections should be read if you've signed up for a bolded section. Don't forget to pause between though!
unbolded things - A section for one person
italicized things - Are a WIP and taken by someone already

Cosmogenisis - @Sylandra

Rise of the Vernal Gods

Aftermath

Coming of Estarra

**Journal of Irihona Kanimi** @Tarkenton

**Chronicles of the Holy Celestine Empire**

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six

**Elder Wars**

Book of Dracnoris

Book of Trillillial: @Zyphora

Book of Tae: @Tarkenton

Book of Tauro

Book of Aslarn

Book of Orlachmar

Book of Clangorum

Book of Loboshi - @Sylvanas

Book of Krokano

Book of Igaso - @Tremula

Book of Mugowumpois

Book of Elfenehoala

Book of Bollikin - @Salome

Book of Xyl

Book of Meridian

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.

Comments

• What a cool idea.

I'm sure my accent will stick out like a sore thumb, but I'd love to be a part of this. I'm happy to take any section, no preference whatsoever.
  • I'm super happy to see that this is going to continue!

I believe that Tacita had done a number of the stories already? Or is this to add to it? (I was going to offer to do the Book of Aslarn but I see Tacita has done it, so I'll wait for your response.)

Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Yes, I found the thread with Tacita's recordings but none of the links to the audio files work. Neither do any appear to work in the Audiobooks section of the Lusternia website. I'd love to be able to hear them.
  • Ah, I hope some admin saved them somewhere.

• Cen said:
    Yes, I found the thread with Tacita's recordings but none of the links to the audio files work. Neither do any appear to work in the Audiobooks section of the Lusternia website. I'd love to be able to hear them.
    Oh. The one I checked worked for me, but I only checked the one.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Sylvanas said:
    Cen said:
    Yes, I found the thread with Tacita's recordings but none of the links to the audio files work. Neither do any appear to work in the Audiobooks section of the Lusternia website. I'd love to be able to hear them.
    Some work, some don't. And I'd rather get more people involved! :)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Hmm. Maybe it's because I tried to access them on my phone. I'll give them another go when I get home.
  • Salome said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Cen said:
    Alright, well, dibs on Aslarn!
  • Sylvanas said:
    Salome said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Cen said:
    Alright, well, dibs on Aslarn!
    Message me to get one lined up please. :D
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't mind joining in. I hope Tacita's files can be regained though, as they were excellent.

Eta: mentioned interest in Loboshi and Cosmogenesis.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Someone with a manly man voice please do the Journal of Irihona Kanimi? [-O<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Give me a link.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I can work on the book of Igaso.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Daraius said:
    I will add it to our line up! If you do have a manly voice @Daraius, please sign up. :D
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited June 2016
    So, not to be a spoilsport or to suggest we can't have multiple audio readings but I just checked the histories out and... I have all of Tacita's audio files available when I click them?

Which ones are people saying we're missing specifically? Because everything seems in order when I look at it.

Edit: I'm using Google Chrome, by the way. It works perfectly for Tacita's files. When I try on Safari via mobile, it doesn't work, but this seems more like a client issue than anything.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Salome said:
    Daraius said:
    I will add it to our line up! If you do have a manly voice @Daraius, please sign up. :D
    Oh no, you can find some voice samples in the pets thread. Nobody wants an audio file of that.
    I used to make cakes.

• They work for me on Firefox as well.
    I used to make cakes.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tacita's delightful English accent is awfully hard to top.

• I can't get a single one of them to work. All the links bring me to a soundcloud page that says the file is missing. : (
  • Strange. I can't get them to work either. The links don't show up on my chrome at all, nothing to click:

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited June 2016
    Oh you have to go to the individual book. There's a media player at the top of each page that contains the audio.
  • Falmiis said:
    Oh you have to go to the individual book. There's a media player at the top of each page that contains the audio.
    It's time we redid it.
    Is it?  :-/
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    You don't have to like it! I do it for books!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Daraius said:
    Admittedly I wonder the same thing. Why not record books that aren't done, like the vernal wars?

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Well, recorded the journal. Not happy with some of the choices I did with it, the footnotes drive me crazy. I think I might redo it, without the footnotes.
  • While I understand that "Tacita has done some of these already," I just want a full collection of multiple people involved. If you want to be involved, that's cool!
  • as much as I hate my voice... WTH ill do a try out 
  • So far I've gotten a lot of positive responses! Keep them coming!