General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tarkenton said:
    Coffee is disgusting. Drink tea.
    Can't someone like both?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Obviously nobody here is an Eddie Izzard fan.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I was midway through giving a training presentation this morning when the assistant team lead reveals he'd implemented changes so that "it doesn't work that way anymore"

Except there were very valid reasons for it being that way in the first place. Cue spending the entire rest of the day rolling back his changes, fixing the affected customer's data for the last several days, and letting the customer know that they'll need to completely rerun all their reports that they've done since Thursday. And then I hunted down the original problem, which his "solution" didn't remotely touch, and fixed that as well.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You are a saint, @Aithera.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Makaela said:
    @Daraius I find anyone who drinks coffee to be crazy personally XD but yeah that is alot of sugar o.0

Graduate school will make a coffee addict out of you in no time. :-<
    The unspoken truth of graduate school. 
  • And now I've been asked to have a demo ready for my supervisor tomorrow of the project I've been repeatedly told everything else takes priority over and that I haven't been able to touch in a month. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Both of your rants are very familiar to me, @Aithera . Isn't the software development world grand?
  • Xenthos said:
    Both of your rants are very familiar to me, @Aithera . Isn't the software development world grand?
    Yes, yes it is.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:
    My work is running out of work, and it's leaving me incredibly bored and looking unproductive af.
    So, as an update to this:

We're still running out of work, still finishing everything we need to do about 3/4 hours into everyone's varied shifts. So what is management's solution? Let's hire someone new! And whose work do they assign to this new person, you might ask? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    One of my friends is new part owner of a bar space, and asked me (yesterday) to help produce a show there including a docket of spoken word and (much later in the day) a drag show. This is great! The show is next week. Not much was thought through ahead of time. Not great. 
  • broke my LCD screen by tripping over the power cord and having it land on a metal book end. a section the size of that book end isn't working. :( don't know how much it'll cost to fix!
  • Tiarnis said:
    broke my LCD screen by tripping over the power cord and having it land on a metal book end. a section the size of that book end isn't working. :( don't know how much it'll cost to fix!
    Probably cheaper to buy new unless you had a really big screen? Or unless it's a laptop, then it may be spendy :( >.>
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
    I know your feel. Still waiting on my laptop repair.  =((
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Zarialle decent size screen. laptop screen busted too. :'( a minute of clumsiness equals a big wallet drain.

@Sylandra :( lets hope it's under budget!
  • @Tiarnis if you're even slightly inclined to fixing things, you can easily replace the screen yourself.

But the screens themselves can be really expensive.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    www.laptopscreen.com or look up rossman
  • My 401k this morning.

• Sylandra said:
    Makaela said:
    @Daraius I find anyone who drinks coffee to be crazy personally XD but yeah that is alot of sugar o.0

Graduate school will make a coffee addict out of you in no time. :-<
    Yes.

Then I reached the other point of not having enough time to actually prepare my coffee and just learned to like it black.

Anything for the extra minutes of sleep, I swear...
    I pour creamer in first, then the coffee, and now I don't have to do mixing anymore because it mixes itself. \o/
    Daraius said:
  • edited June 2016
    Maybe you are about to get there too. As I recall, this was a transitional step towards black coffee. ;)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sad to say that it's looking like my current medication isn't right for me. It did help with my mood somewhat, but it's too small of a positive change to make all the negatives worth it. I feel weak and have lost weight because it's killed my appetite and I haven't been eating right, I'm sleeping way too much, and I lost all ability/desire to work on art. While it's nice to not want to die every day for once, I'd like to have that and not feel like total garbage, if possible. Guess I'll be on to the next thing soonish.
  • edited June 2016
    Its extremely sad how I'm starting to rage over a stupid class that can probably be fixed with a few suggestions.

• I cant even handle this game anymore.
  • If you really hate your class so much right now, switch classes, try something new. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I CANNTTTT IMMM TOOO POOR
  • If I flex monk I might end with bad skillset once they're changed
  • edited June 2016
    :((
  • Alternatively you can talk to an envoy about your suggestions.
  • edited June 2016
    And making an alt will take a long time.
  • The thing is my ideas like making out insta kill easier and adding more poison effects are.....