Influencing Breakpoints

I appreciate that this isn't a straightforward question, so I didn't put it in the short q's thread.

My understanding is that each unit increase in influencing buff translates to an extra 3% 'damage'. This increment being so small, I'd really appreciate any guidance at all as to the points at which these increases start to translate to fewer 'hits per kill' - for instance, I'm willing to assume that have 1/1 Weakening is going to be functionally identical to having no buff at all. Of course, this is going to depend upon the mob, and I'm not sure if different races have different base damage (I know that some have racial buffs), so just to stress I'm not asking for magic numbers, just a general idea about the points at which it makes sense to increase a given influence type.

Thanks for any guidance!

Comments

• There's a random factor too. You'll definitely notice the difference between max buff and no buff, but it's ridiculously hard to measure, let alone quantify. 

I personally don't notice the difference at all with just a level one buff, but they definitely add up altogether.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • It's 10% per influence buff.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Falmiis said:
    It's 10% per influence buff.
    So....having a 10 buff means you use half the influence attacks to finish a mob?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Falmiis said:
    It's 10% per influence buff.
    So....having a 10 buff means you use half the influence attacks to finish a mob?
    I have 13 to influencing types, and empower guards in 5 hits (with the rare 6 due to the variable nature mentioned earlier).
  • There's also a mild bonus effect in that the longer it takes to influence a mob, the more resistant that mob is to your various influence attacks.  It's not just 'do x damage to y mob', it's 'do x damage to y mob, which receives z less damage per hit each time'.  Though how that resistance builds is somewhat a mystery based on one's prestige.

• I'm pretty sure the resistance that gets built up if to the chance to hit and not the actual damage you do. Prestige affects the base chance to hit.
  • Sounds right.  I keep forgetting that was something that changed while I was away, and I'm stuck thinking in the old way.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    No, it never changed - it just wasn't previously clear how it worked.