Quettle Senpai notices me

2»

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2015
    Throughout all these talks it's seemed to me that Quettle was heavily implying there was some lobo lore we could unlock somehow. All that talk about getting his monks to clean up the archives and so on. Haven't quite figured out how to get at that, or if I just misread the cues. Anyhoo, I do want to follow up on some of these threads someday. Particularly the one where Quettle turns out to be Dar's dad. ;;)

And before you say anything about monks being celibate, keep in mind that the Toshan order's whole purpose was to preserve the loboshigaru race. Procreation is probably like a central part of their doctrine, they're just too humble to publicize it. Where do they keep the ladymonks though? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Frozen in suspended animation, of course. ;)

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I dunno, I always took cleaning up the archives to be code for not having anything to give us right then, but reserving the right to "discover" it in the future, possibly after a chat with Esty. That's how I use it for the library, at least. Damaged archives are a useful excuse for not knowing scholarly things, since it's not as firm a commitment as saying that something is entirely unknown. It leaves you with a very convenient escape route into suddenly knowing a thing, once you've decided what that thing should be.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I think the Nekotai trace their roots from Grandmother Scorpion's adherents, or something like that. I'm not exactly sure, but from what I recall they lean more on Scorpion than illithoid.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Portius said:
    I dunno, I always took cleaning up the archives to be code for not having anything to give us right then, but reserving the right to "discover" it in the future, possibly after a chat with Esty. That's how I use it for the library, at least. Damaged archives are a useful excuse for not knowing scholarly things, since it's not as firm a commitment as saying that something is entirely unknown. It leaves you with a very convenient escape route into suddenly knowing a thing, once you've decided what that thing should be.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. I guess it felt to me like we could encourage that "discovery" to happen sooner rather than later, so we went through the motions of having the restorative archivist idea approved. I suppose I should check in with Zitto to see if that initiative survived the change in leadership or if it's even worthwhile to continue playing out the scenario. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."