Pokemon Go!

It's night time in the Pokemon Mafia game but I need to bring this up...

POKEMON GO IS LIVE.

It was super buggy last night, but seems to be better (minus lunch hour unintentional server DDOS)...

Anyway- join Team Blue (Mystic). We will rule the Pokemon world together!

That is all. Feel free to discuss how incredible this day is.

OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
When satisfied with tormenting me?
What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...

Comments

• I need a new phone :( I'm still on Android 4.1...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What was everyone's starter? I got Bulbasaur.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2016
    I got Charmander - there is supposedly a Pidgey by my work, but I have not caught it yet.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Bulbasaur. I played until like 12:30 last night. Level 6 (GO TEAM BLUE WHEN YOU GET 5 ;) )

Got a 200 CP Raticate!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2016
    Is that the Lusternian team?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Meanwhile, i just have down servers and stuck at level 3. :(
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Apparently the big red balls in front of Target represent the bravery of mankind. :))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    Apparently the big red balls in front of Target represent the bravery of mankind. :))
    Somehow I'm not surprised that a big balls sculpture allegedly represents bravery.  ;)
  • Team Articuno 4lyfe.

Servers are down constantly for me though.
  • I can't even play. :((
  • Like Rolsand, I am unable to play because it has not officially released in Canada yet.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I don't have any gyms or pokeplaces around me...but have caught a small team of things already. Started with Charmander.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    All my landmarks are either religious or quintessentially Southern establishments I have never heard of.  :-?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited July 2016
    I actually somehow managed to get it on to my iPad even though I'm in Canada.
  • edited July 2016
    After I got my Charmander the app started to crash
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I can't find any pokemon, I walked around on my lunch break for like an hour trying to find this damn Pidgey - no go.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ended up with charmander! Caught a seel and a meowth too.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
    My sister let me go out and play hers a little since she's actually able to run the game, but isn't into the whole "going outside" bit. I caught her a Pidgey, but then the server went down immediately afterwards. So I technically got to play for like 5 minutes? Apparently there are also some Weedle and Rattata nearby, but I didn't have a chance to find any. Darn servers.

She's super upset that she's started with Bulbasaur instead of Charmander. I told her that once I have a phone that can run the game, if I get a Charmander, we can trade. This placated her somewhat. 

Seems like in the meantime I'm going to be permitted to fetch her the outdoors Pokemon, while she's more interested in what Pokemon live at the bar. If you would've told me when we were kids that my sister would share a Pokemon game with me, I would've told you you were crazy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ive never played pokemon before but hey free app. Got a squirtle initially.

• Started with Charmander, joined tesm blue.
  • Shango said:
    I don't have any gyms or pokeplaces around me...but have caught a small team of things already. Started with Charmander.
    I flew out of Boston-Logan today and there were two gyms and probably 8-12 of the PokeStop (or whatever they are called) landmarks, one of which was a bar. I was like what is this, why do they need everything in this airport.

• So I haven't looked at the app yet, but this strikes me as a wonderful way to get massive numbers of people to geophoto the world at a micro level.

The only PokeStop near my house is on the grounds of the Fish and Game office in the woods with the big fence and tons of NO TRESPASSING signs. I'm sure they'll appreciate people in the area loitering near their grounds trying to get close enough to access the stop. Personally, I think I'll pass on fumbling through the trees for items.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Joined red team, started with a charmander.  Have already taken control of about half a dozen local gyms >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited July 2016
    by the time Canada gets the the app all the current players will be about 20 levels ahead.
  • The app crashes every time I open it, and when the one time it didn't, the servers were down. ):
  • We found a Rattata at our school cafeteria.  :(
    See you in Sapience.
  • Someone's gonna die or get arrested from playing this game.
  • edited July 2016
    Blue team! It is Hallifaxian theme team XD. Though my cold limits my ability to be up and about. Also the gyms/poke spots directly mirror the locations of Ingress portals, so if you know where those are, it could be easier to plot your hostile takeovers.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)