Absence Thread

Another day, another re-made thread.

Due to a conflagration of [a] my only computer is a desktop, [b] I've a convention this weekend, and [c] I'm in retail and next week is the leadup to Black Friday I'll be totally unavailable starting tonight through Sunday and pretty scarce next week [messages mostly I figure].

As such, don't explode Time [too much] while I'm gone Institute. And if you do proper protocol is to always blame Ileein.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Stuck in the middle of backwoods Pennsylvania without internet, television or even a phone for the next week starting Sunday morning.

If I live, I'll catch up with the various people who might notice my absence afterwards!

PS - Celest peeps, send your visions to Xena until she appoints my successor for the rest of the Wheel crap.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    SCRATCH THAT, apparently we're not going anywhere :)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Alas, duct tape won't fix the broken screen of my laptop. Will be scarce until I can get a replacement.
  • I'm on vacation and my sister is getting married. My liver is under construction. Hope everyone had happy holidays (:
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I will be scarce due to travel/vacation/packing this week.

Miami, here I come. :)

• Still gone for the most part! Playing by mobile primarily.
  • Enjoy it Iorwen - Basic training was (and I am being completely sincere right now), the best part of the Air Force for me. You won't see such comraderie anywhere else and you'll rarely see other SrA/SSgts/TSgts with their shit together like TIs. Enjoy drill, too - that was my most favorite part.
  • I am moving today, and I won't have internet at the new place for the foreseeable future. I have a telnet client for my phone, so I can still log in, but I won't be able to do much.
  • Rezzing this thread to say: sorry for not being around much.

Just finished a 9am to midnight day at work (just ... another day at work). It's eating into my life, and so my time for Lusternia. Fear not, I read every message and delegate things if I can't get to it. Will sort itself out by the end of the week (and definitely within the month). 

Bring on the weekend.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Taking an inactive break for this week, my laptop pretty much died on its arse and I'm down visiting family at the end of next week for my dad's 60th, so I'm taking the time to get some other stuff done.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Taking a break from the game. Might be short, might be longer. The game has become a chore with little reward and enjoyment for the effort I put in.

I've spent over  RL year trying to build up the SDs both pk mechanics wise and IG to a sustainable population, and it's just becoming apparent to me that unless the admin are willing to meet me half way, it's just not going to happen. So I'm not going to wear myself out over it, I've already got a full time job. Don't need another that doesn't even pay me

Don't like being mad at something that is supposed to help me unwind, so time to take a step back. I'll be in Aetolia if anyone needs me. I'll check in to keep up envoy stuff, otherwise, have fun and I'll catch you around.
  • Good luck Celina :)

I'll be less active over the next two weeks as I have received a job offer! HUZZAH! Moving and such, first days of work etc.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Am away for the weekend, standing in a freezing cold field dressed as Velma from Scooby Doo.

I basically love that I am not joking.

Have a great bank holiday weekend all :)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm going to be around a lot less frequently for a little while, I have family in from out of state, and it's keeping me pretty busy!
  • Maellio said:
    As such, don't explode Time [too much] while I'm gone Institute. And if you do proper protocol is to always blame Ileein.
    That was one time!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Goodbye for a while, Lusternia.

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to make good on a few commitments I've made with some of you this time around. I might be able to peek in for a couple things over the next day or two, but I'm not holding my breath. This is probably the last day I have.

Hopefully I should be back sometime in June, maybe we can continue those things then. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Nooooooooooooooo :(

Be safe and happy. See you in June!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I know I just got back, but this next one was planned. I'll be in Iceland from the 22nd till the 29th of the month for EVE Fanfest. While I have my laptop with me I really doubt I'll have the time, or the level of sobriety required to play the game at all.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Will be sporadic this week as I have an essay deadline on Friday.
  • Time is limited until the weekend, I'm sorry. Handing over my job this week, so it's a busy one with lots of late nights (for good reasons, not stupid reasons like weeks before).

Messages will be responded to! I'll do my best to log in when I can.
  • I will be online but generally either taking someone bashing or standing around for awhile.

I am debating leaving Lusternia permanently after my recent encounter with the admin and the deplorable service I was given.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'll be gone for a while. Bit too tired of certain things to be bothered. Might have an update as to when I'll be returning full time. I'll be checking messages while I'm gone, but don't expect much more than that.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Rest and come back! :pompoms:
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Elanorwen said:
    I'll be gone for a while. Bit too tired of certain things to be bothered. Might have an update as to when I'll be returning full time. I'll be checking messages while I'm gone, but don't expect much more than that.
    Sometimes you just need a change of scenery.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • The wireless card on my laptop died, so I'm probably going to be a little scarce until the external one shows up.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ciaran said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Nuh-uh... I will not be coming2halli. Plus, you don't want me stealing your guild lead position anyway. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Elanorwen said:
    Ciaran said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Nuh-uh... I will not be coming2halli. Plus, you don't want me stealing your guild lead position anyway. :P
    saysyoucoughcoughcough
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I have basement flooding issues that demand attention, and likely continued attention over the new few days.

Keep dry, the rest of you.