Frustation, Combat, Stupid Affliction and Poor Game Design.

2»

Comments

• pfftt! invest in fist and flame sigils. Attach it to your pack.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Xeria said:
    pfftt! invest in fist and flame sigils. Attach it to your pack.
    How is a fist sigil going to help? Last I knew fists only prevented wielded items to be knocked out of your hands, but not things out of your inventory?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    and if you drop your pack with a flame sigil, you won't be picking it up either...

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When in doubt, keep your gold in a chest in your manse? Don't take this the wrong way, but why in the world would you carry 600k on you anyway, especially into battle.

I also think that the amount of lessons used to gain Selfishness is quite reasonable, especially considering how much Lusternia likes to give away free lessons/credits/minor artifacts.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Or just keep gold in your inventory. Not like you will drop it when you QQ anymore.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • yes but it's twice as hard to  do make you drop your pack with a flame sigil attached! You'll singe your fingers and pull back.
    is dead like the dodo
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The best thing to do is to just not put things in a pack. That way, there isn't any chance of stupidity or vestiphobia making you drop things, and if someone DID want to steal your items, they'd have to do so one at a time!
    For instance, I currently have 395 items in my inventory, though a good 300 of them are motes. Anyone trying to appraise me and figure out what the numbers are for things they want to steal had better have a script that does it for them!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Just gag out the motes, that makes it much easier...

If the bulk of your items are all the same general name you don't need a complex script, just a simple gag trigger.

Also, any person really interested at it would appraise you, peruse the list at their leisure later (because it doesn't even tell you that you're being appraised), and then the next time they see you they have a lovely little list already accumulated.

Basically: That reasoning makes little sense to me.  Having everything in your hands to 'bury' items is a one-time benefit that is completely voided thereafter as far as theft goes.  Losing the risk of vestiphobia interfering with things is a bit more of a reasonable point though!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My solution is that I don't carry anything of value. People who appraise me or peek at my inventory are pretty disappointed. Even in my pack, the most interesting thing is a tent.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I've been wondering where to go to get a nice tent. Now I don't have to search any longer.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • My solution was to keep the vacuum I got from the gnomes and to always keep it locked. Even though theft never happens, it does make me feel safe.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    The 'reasoning' behind having lots of items in your inventory isn't anything to do with theft protection by hiding items (that's what invisibility is for), it was just a side joke. The actual point is that the safest place for most items is in your inventory, not all concentrated into an item like a pack that can be stolen all at once, or removed via vestiphobia/stupidity.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    The solution is to never have anything worth stealing. Gold you say? If you find any on me, we'll split it.