Overdone

What are some things in Lusternia that are overdone, that people have done to the point it's meh to see?
Your numbers today are:

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    and is exceedingly tall for his/her race.

I'm a 9 and a half foot tall viscanti. I don't know if you're taller or shorter than me because you haven't told me. That's more a pet peeve than an overdone thing, though.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • (tall faelings that aren't demigods)
    Your numbers today are:
  • edited July 2016
    Tremula said:
    and is exceedingly tall for his/her race.

I'm a 9 and a half foot tall viscanti. I don't know if you're taller or shorter than me because you haven't told me. That's more a pet peeve than an overdone thing, though.

This is more of something that came from races not having direct height measurements and when size was a thing (which didn't have a direct height measurement and also included mass). I would say this is something, while perhaps overdone, that is not the fault of players.
  • Mafia setups.
  • I have a pet peeve about people who have magical things in their description if they aren't like a demigod or something

like a novice shouldn't be walking out of the tutorial radiating celestial light or surrounded by a miasma of fire
    Your numbers today are:
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Falmiis said:
    Mafia setups.

Nevah. [-(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Dylara said:
    Falmiis said:
    Mafia setups.
    Vote: Falmiis
    Vote: Falmiis

THREE VOTES TO LYNCH!

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • FoS Dylara

Nobody should be jumping to lynch this early in Day 1
    Your numbers today are:
  • Just wait until I run my own mafia!  8->

I used to find lots of things overdone, I do roll my eyes when I hear that Maeve is involved in an event in a negative way or the Nature seal breaks.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I find it pretty hilarious that "the broken Seal of Nature" is a legendary prop in the Soulless ikon set.
  • Dylara said:
    Just wait until I run my own mafia!  8->

I used to find lots of things overdone, I do roll my eyes when I hear that Maeve is involved in an event in a negative way or the Nature seal breaks.

I think the Nature seal is just so easy to break. Because really, how is Life or Death, for example, going to break (This could be an idea for a plot: Reforming/praying/whatever doesn't work when you die. For the event, you are a ghost/soul once you die, unable to attack back at the things that killed you!)

Maybe not counting as 'overdone' but: when it kinda obvious which org a god is going to go to. Some twist would be nice (Manty going to Glom I would call more in the obvious column than not..)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Hey, I didn't start it!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Shouting taunts/insults

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Especially through Market.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited July 2016
    Tea. 
    Maybe if it wasn't literally the only non-alcoholic drink option we have to work with... :(
  • edited July 2016
    Pilgrims, scholars, and bards.

EDIT: And I thought of another potentially controversial one... Mastermind puzzles. :(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Up
    Phoebus said:
    Tea. 
    Maybe if it wasn't literally the only non-alcoholic drink option we have to work with... :(

It is not. There is an abundance of water, and you can carry it in your rift to drink whenever you want!
    Xenthos said:
    Up
    Phoebus said:
    Tea. 

It is not. There is an abundance of water, and you can carry it in your rift to drink whenever you want!
    You can't design different flavors of water!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Well... You could...
  • I'd totally be down for flavored water, we could finally drink the Kool-Aid in lusternia
    Your numbers today are:
    Xenthos said:
    Clippy: I see you want to make flavoured water. Would you like to peruse the tea recipes?
    I almost made a joke about that before, but couldn't work out how to word it in a way that was actually funny.