the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Hey, next week, can we lynch on Friday so I can have my normal weekend, and then let loose the mayhem over the week while I can read at work?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    So does Lehki really have any daytime kill immunity, or was that a ploy to get us to vote for her?  :P 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    ITT:

Everyone is girls except the girls who are all guys except Sylandra, Kelly, and Phoebus
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My last post for today incoming. Hopefully it won't take 20 minutes.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited July 2016
    As the Champion recovers against the trading machine, used briefly before being forgotten, the drama quickly unfolds amongst the passengers of the CCL: Expedition. Ushaara is the first to draw suspicion to himself, thundering this way and that with one explosive theory after another. Much to the chagrin of many passengers, they find their name escaping his mouth and having to scramble to prove their innocence.

After the not so dramatic reveal of Sylandra's Pokemon, suspicion falls upon Lehki as he draws the public eye with a bold, explosive statement. Weiwae is quickly flinched, a satisfied Purrloin licking her paws on the side as he is left with no sensible thought but to embrace his inner mischievous child.

When Phoebus begs all to let Vivet have her chance to speak, it proves to be the tipping point of the day. She proudly looks about and denounces Lehki as a follower of Solgaleo, a madman with a lust for power unable to see the glory of Lunala. 

As she proselytises, she does not notice the focus turn from the very man she attacks to land on her, and soon there is a small mob surrounding her. Without a Champion coherent to intervene, Phoebus is the one so picks up a nearby heavy rock and brings it down over her head mid-sermon, ending her religious diatribe in its tracks.

BOOM!

With the attention turned onto the mad woman, Weiwae was able to summon the strength to hobble towards Iosion and Synkarin, the only thing left of the two their hands still firmly clasped together in steadfast unison.

The blast is enough to finally stir the Champion, whose eyes darken as he looks at Vivet's body before landing on the smouldering remains of Weiwae, Synkarin, and Iosion. He glowers darkly at each of you in turn, muttering in a foreign language. It does not take a genius to figure out what it is he wants to say, though, as he ushers you onto the train. The muscled men from the oasis town slowly and dutifully gathering the bodies and taking them to the medical car at the end of the train.

As you all watch the Champion pace before you in the dining car, a heavenly Voice echoes as everything takes on a silver sheen.

"You have slain My daughter, but I will have My due, Champion-boy. My children will see your end."

A muscled servant finally approaches the Champion after the glow fades and theuncomfortable silence overtakes you again. He holds a small scrapbook in one hand and a spiral notebook in the other. Alec takes both and dismisses him brusquely, looking through the books in his hands.

Iosion and Synkarin were contest winning couple. They won when they reached the new region alive.

Weiwae was a tragic terrorist. He won when the Champion was usurped. 

(More flavour I want to add will be when my mobile isn't at 3%)

The champion pockets the spiral and tosses the scrapbook onto the floor, turning on his heel in disgust and marching to his cabin. Almost immediately after he closes the door, the train slowly begins to move, no warning message playing. You hurry to your cars as you each process the pictures of the happy couple scattered along the dining car's floor.

It is now Night 3. You have 48 hours to send in your Night Actions.

• I got back at the last second. 200+ new posts, damn guys I thought this was gonna be quick.
    (Is ham what we're doing? Sure I can play, I'm probably not gonna live through the next day anyway)

Well played @Vivet, I'm not even upset about getting the spotlight stolen at the last moment. I might as well come clean too. 

Sure, we could have tried playing nice, but lurking through the night and sneaking around is not how the Beast that Devours the Sun, nor his Children, go about things. We go for the throat. 

You may believe you've got a read on us, but you don't know as much as you think. The Dawn is coming, Lunaala's pups will kneel, and Alec and his Shaymin are going to burn, along with the rest of you.

Oh yeah, and I caused the Earthquake. Or rather, it was caused by Egbert the Togepi, Avatar of Chaos and Mayhem. 

• Am I allowed to message Iosion and explain why I targeted him?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (I was asleep for all that, so one post!)

OMG Vivet, why'd you namecheck me? Associated with creepy cultist murderers on all sides now :( *welp
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Thul said:
    Why are any of us being allowed back on this train.
    (Should have voted Alec like I suggested, duh.)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    And we definitely need some Take Me On The Crazy Train, enjoy:

Luce said:
    ITT:

Everyone is girls except the girls who are all guys except Sylandra, Kelly, and Phoebus
    (In case you were referring to my post, the "her" was referring to Vivet, not Lehki.)
  • (I might be dead, but I still need my fixxxxx)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • She posted she's busy with family and she pushed it back a bit. :p

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Oh okay! I guess even the Champion deserves a vacay from the mess y'all have created here ;)
  • Just in case anybody else missed it. So probably gotta wait till friday before we continue.
  • TICK TOCK, BOOM... 

Look like I blew up the game! :(
  • Why no thumbs down button... for the BOOM :(
    As the sun rises, you pull out of the desert finally into a savanna filled with vast scrubland and low-hanging trees. In the distance, wild Zebstrike run in herds as they flee wild Persian. As you make your way off of the train, you see a notice hanging on the Dining Car's corkboard.

ATTN: ALL

MEDICAL REPORT ON THE BODY OF VIVET

THE BODY OF VIVET WAS DISCOVERED TO HAVE INCREASING AMOUNTS OF RADIATION SIMILAR TO THOSE RECENTLY DISCOVERED TO HAVE SPENT INCREDIBLE AMOUNTS OF TIME IN MT. MOON, BELIEVED TO COME FROM MOONSTONES. NEAT AND WELL MAINTAINED INTERNAL ORGANS SHOW THAT FASTIDIOUS AMOUNTS OF DETAIL WERE PAID TO PERSONAL HEALTH, AND REVEALS THAT THEY LIKELY WERE A CONTROLLING PERSONALITY. HER NAILS HAD DRIED FLECKS OF BLOOD NEAR THE CUTICLES, HINTING AT A VIOLENT NATURE. HER LEFT HAND CURLED REFLEXIVELY INTO THE FORM ONE USES TO TALK ON A POKEGEAR.

WITH THE ABOVE INFORMATION, IT IS SAFE TO ASSUME THAT:

VIVET IS IN CHARGE OF OTHERS.
    VIVET WAS EXPOSED TO INCREDIBLE AMOUNTS OF MOONLIGHT.
    VIVET WAS VIOLENT.
    VIVET SPENT MUCH OF HER TIME ON HER POKEGEAR.

--M. LAVENDER.

You step off of the train with this new information in hand, and you see Champion Alec already out with his Shaymin resting on his head, under the shade of a low-branched tree with his arms crossed. He opens his mouth to speak, but a yip from Shaymin causes him to close it immediately, his attention on the train as the Solar Cells open up from the top of the train, and you can't help but notice his sword is once more in its sheath.

It is now Day 3 of the CCL: Expedition's Journey. It will last approximately 7 days.

A flash on your Pokegear informs you the Champion has an announcement to make at midday.

With 20 trainers alive, it will take 11 to lynch.

• Well I was not expecting to live through that night.

What up guys? :D
  • First up, let's just go ahead and have Egbert, use Metronome! And see what happens.

Woo, we're back.

Alright, who bubblebeam'd me and my Victini? Wasn't a roleblock since I got my trainer action off successfully, and no notification of not being able to post or whatever, so what did it do? Am I more susceptible to lynching or what what?

Also, Cyndarin, you big flirt. :))
    edited July 2016
    @Lehki

MOD RULING:

The rest of the game will until 15.41 today to react, since it's 3.41 am for me and I see no one online right now.

• Totally sensible. I was just anxious to get moving. :p

@Luce. I know one of the million things that hit me last night was you. What'd your power tell you?
    Yay, we're back! Wait, so no one died?

No clue what the power does in the context of this game, but their primary aim could've been someone hitting your Victini for experience, since he's weak to Water. If I'm remembering correctly, didn't @Portius see Sandshrew, also weak to Water, get hit by a Piplup's Bubblebeam? Seems to me like Piplup's trainer is hitting everyone they know they have a type advantage over.
    Well I've another theory about it that people probably don't want to hear so early in the Day phase, but did anyone else notice Lehki being really shiny in the sun getting off the train this morning?

I'm thinking one possible effect of the Bubblebeam is perhaps that however I vote today, my vote will redirect to Lehki, since he was really eye-catching to me for whatever reason..

(so I'll likely be abstaining from voting in the event this is the case and it pushes Lehki over the limit before we're decided for sure)
    Ushaara said:
    Well I've another theory about it that people probably don't want to hear so early in the Day phase, but did anyone else notice Lehki being really shiny in the sun getting off the train this morning?

I'm thinking one possible effect of the Bubblebeam is perhaps that however I vote today, my vote will redirect to Lehki, since he was really eye-catching to me for whatever reason..

(so I'll likely be abstaining from voting in the event this is the case and it pushes Lehki over the limit before we're decided for sure)
    Did you say SHINY? We must catch him. @Lehki please hold still, I am going to look for some Pokeballs to throw at you.

Joking aside, nope, didn't notice any unusual shininess. He is openly a sun cultist, though, so I am not surprised by any purported sunlit radiance. And I hate to shut down your bubble-based theories so quickly, but it was your Pokemon who was hit by that power, not you; I doubt it would cause any change in your behavior. Even if it was affecting you, the only thing special about the move is that it has a chance to lower its target's speed in the game, not anything having to do with whatever you're considering.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you'd be directly informed of his being shinier than usual, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the Bubblebeam. Vivet claimed he had daykill immunity, maybe it has something to do with that?