Emote Ideas

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I cannot begin to express how happy I am that this exists.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's BADPUN, not BADPUNS.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Can we have a Spooky emote? Where we shiver and we get afraid and mutter jeepers or something? @Hoaracle
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:
    Can we have a Spooky emote? Where we shiver and we get afraid and mutter jeepers or something? @Hoaracle
    If you want to write one up, we can definitely take a look! (Though, a certain ghost-y god might want a SPOOKY emote all to himself? Paging Dr. @Manteekan)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Untargetted therethere looks pretty Hallifaxian. :))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • We also have included swat and ziplips. More emotes, it is almost like we got extra hands helping out or something.

And as always, we are still looking for more emotes from you, racial or otherwise. If the former, preferably emotes for races that only have three or less. 
  • Hoaracle said:
    We also have included swat and ziplips. More emotes, it is almost like we got extra hands helping out or something.

And as always, we are still looking for more emotes from you, racial or otherwise. If the former, preferably emotes for races that only have three or less. 
    crystalsad
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Ileein said:
    Hoaracle said:
    We also have included swat and ziplips. More emotes, it is almost like we got extra hands helping out or something.

crystalsad
    crystalrequestdenied

• Eldanien said:
    crystalrequestdenied

Untargetted:
    1st person: Your ire swells as you vehemently state, "Request denied."
    3rd person: Soandso fluoresces a violent red as he vehemently states, "Request denied."

Targetted:
    1st person: Focusing on your rising ire, you glare at Iosai as you state, "Request denied."
    2nd person: Flashing a violent red, Soandso glares at you and states, "Request denied."
    3rd person: Flashing a violent red, Soandso glares at Iosai and states, "Request denied."

I definitely just HONOURS SOANDSO..
    You should have tried HONOURS IXION
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited July 2016
    Hoaracle said:

MAGGOTSTRETCH for Maggots

Untargetted:
    1st person: You stretch your putrescent body out, trying to be unnoticed.
    3rd person: Shaddus stretches out into a low profile, trying and failing to hide.

Targetted:
    1st person: Shrinking away from Iosai's imperious gaze, you slump to the ground and try to fade into the background.
    2nd person: Shaddus catches your eye and you glare at him as he shrinks back.
    3rd person: Shaddus shrinks back as Iosai glares at him, and he slumps into the ground.

Pose: Shaddus slumps against the ground here, reeking of offal and failure.

SLEEPYBLINK for Tae'dae

Untargetted:
    1st person: You sit up and glance around with bleery eyes, examining your surroundings through sleep-filled eyes.
    3rd person: Shaddus sits up, glancing around his surroundings with sleepy eyes.

Targetted:
    1st person: Frowning slightly, you lean closer to Iosai and examine Her with a sleepy, half-interested gaze.
    2nd person: Shaddus frowns, leaning close to you and examining you with a sleepy gaze.
    3rd person: With a curious frown, Shaddus leans close to Iosai and examines Her with a sleepy, half-interested gaze.

Pose: Sleep fills Shaddus' eyes as he slumps here.
    Tpose: Shaddus stares at Iosai with a sleepy, curious gaze.

• Both of the emotes @Shaddus wrote up - sleepyblink for tae'daes and maggotstretch for maggots - have been added. I received a swathe of emotes for aslarans, which I hope to go through in the next day or so. I would really love to see extra merian-specific emotes, if anyone has any (though, of course, we are always interested in adding more general ones too!). 
  • wtb Mudsexkitty emote
  • My idea is that EVERY stock emote should be rewritten for -woods. No more hands, feet, palms, fingers, tongues or eyes!
  • More emotes! Scared (everyone), croak and tongueflick (mugwumps), unblinking (krokani), warnhiss and slink (aslaran), and chirr (kephera). 

wtb merian emote ideas
  • edited July 2016
    Are you black out drunk? Do you need to beckon someone but you're tired of the BECKON emote? Well today I invite you to try MERE

emshow mere
    Untargeted:
       1st Person: Swaying drunkenly, you dramatically bring a finger up and point to no-one in particular and loudly slur, "Hey you *hic* 'mere."
       3rd Person: Silea sways like a drunken fool as she points dramatically in the distance and slurs, "Hey you *hic* 'mere."
    Targetted:
       1st Person: Swaying drunkenly, you dramatically bring a finger up and point to Iosai and loudly slur, "Hey you *hic* 'mere."
       2nd Person: Silea sways like a drunken fool as she points dramatically at you and slurs, "Hey you *hic* 'mere."
       3rd Person: Silea sways like a drunken fool as she points dramatically to Ioasi and slurs, "Hey you *hic* 'mere."

Targetted Pose: Silea is here, obviously intoxicated and pointing at Iosai mumbling "really 'mere" under her breath.
       Untargetted Pose: Silea is here pointing around the room mumbling for someone to follow her in her drunken state.

It'd be cool if this actually required you to be at a certain level drunk but I'm not sure if that could actually be coded
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Versalean said:
    My idea is that EVERY stock emote should be rewritten for -woods. No more hands, feet, palms, fingers, tongues or eyes!
    alias them over the existing emote. You can setalias wave emote waves a branch in farewell. or whatever
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

Hoaracle said:
    wtb merian emote ideas
    I'll have you know that I've been occasionally trying to make a merian emote idea into words for over a day now. I know exactly what I want it to be, but apparently at some point writing became an impossible feat! :((
  • let them use bubble or watergun
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Silea said:
    Versalean said:
    My idea is that EVERY stock emote should be rewritten for -woods. No more hands, feet, palms, fingers, tongues or eyes!
    alias them over the existing emote. You can setalias wave emote waves a branch in farewell. or whatever
    Balance loss :( tbh, it was more a whine than an actual request for coder's time
    Silea said:
    let them use bubble or watergun
    Those sound Super Effective!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My problem with merian is the same problem I have writing for furrikin - there's so many types. You could have your freshwater guppy type of merian, or your super-inbred noble deep sea merian who have like...shark physicals. I can't find a common denominator between them that wouldn't better apply to mugwump or viscanti (webbed digits or regal haughtiness).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Hi! I'm not sure where to place this exactly, but could HELP RACIALEMOTES be updated for the, well, racial emote? I didn't know kephera CHIRR existed until I stumbled onto this thread. :)
    See you in Sapience.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I refer everyone to EMLIST SPECIAL.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    My problem with merian is the same problem I have writing for furrikin - there's so many types. You could have your freshwater guppy type of merian, or your super-inbred noble deep sea merian who have like...shark physicals. I can't find a common denominator between them that wouldn't better apply to mugwump or viscanti (webbed digits or regal haughtiness).
    Gills?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.