the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tremula said:
    There are still day actions queued. Not all effects fire immediately.

pssst we are at a lynch
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Lehki said:
    I bring that up because I'm still pointing the finger at Sylandra. None of her claimed powers can really be verified, unless you try to kill her like I wanted. :p
    For starters you can verify my claims in multiple ways: lynching, night killing, tracking. List goes on! But more to my credit: I was jailed a night that 5ish detected murders took place, and further, anyone can see at least that you and I aren't aligned, Scumsville McGee, courtesy of your little bomb stunt. So thanks for that tiny shred of credibility.  :-*
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So are we just waiting for some unknown day action to trigger? What is happening anymore.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (Think it's just waiting for @Tremula to do his thang)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As the sun begins to meld with the horizon, you resume your press against Ushaara, and it is not long at all before the majority of you surround him. As you finally outnumber him, he yells out and swings a long rod through the air, the end crackling with electricity. "I believe you are all labouring under the delusion that I will, what's the phrase...come quietly?" He jerks the baton at anyone who dares to step close to him, slowly backing himself against the train against the advancing throng.

"Ushaara, put it down. Don't make us hurt you." Alec stands with you for the first time on the journey, approaching the man slowly with upheld hands. "Come on, you can spend your time in the detention car. You'll be handed over to the proper authorities at the next stop, but you'll live. I really don't want anyone else to die on m--" 

He closes his mouth so hard that it seems he has bitten his tongue out, a large globule of spit fresh from Ushaara's mouth hanging prominently in view on his cheekbone. "Eat Tauros dung, 'Champion'," the word comes out with a mocking tone to it, and before the Champion has time to process anything, Ushaara flips a switch on his weapon and lunges at Alec with the baton pressed towards his chest, sparks flying every which way in a deadly overflow.

Thul, fortunately, has his wits about him and swings his walking stick up, tripping Ushaara and causing him to fall face-first onto the sparking weapon. His body spasms violently, and he is unable to escape as the man calmly presses the cane between Ushaara's shoulder blades, holding him there until the weapon discharges fully and the only movement left in his body is when his limbs jerk of their own accord.

"Many of you will question our host today," Thul says, glancing dispassionately at the boy, "Myself included. I would advise the Champion to stop being a child, and start acting as the name of his position entails." Phoebus nods in agreement, and Alec flushes scarlet, too ashamed to even wipe the spittle away from his face.

As the elderly man turns towards the train, the Champion types furiously into his Pokegear, summoning a brawny man in an engineer's hat to lift Ushaara's twitching body and take him towards the front of the car. "If he's not dead, I'll keep him in a holding cell until we can turn him over to the officers tomorrow in Brousse City. We should be there by then." Shaymin walks towards the Champion, hilt of his sword clamped firmly in his mouth, and drops the weapon at his feet. 

Sheathing his sword and finally clearing his face of Ushaara's wound to his pride, the Champion begins herding you towards the train right as the Solar Cells withdraw into the roof. "Rest up guys, tomorrow will be our last stop anywhere near a PokeShop, so you'll need to make the most of it." 

While you sit in the Dining Car and begin stuffing your faces, casual conversation springs up easy around the car. Some theorise on what Zoroark could do in the hands of a proper trainer. Some discuss what they plan to purchase the next day, and one giggles at an untoward joke about two of the Champion rolling through mud instead of dirt.

As you all rise to return to your cars, once the CCL: Expedition has reached a safe cruising speed, Othero points out two new notices posted on the cork board. The first is hand-written on a sheet of stock, white paper, a signed confession from Ushaara, who was an Admin for the Cult of Solgaleo. He won when Solgaleo's reign was assured. A second signature shows that his Pokemon was legally detained to the Champion's car to be fostered at first opportunity.

The second notice states that individual messages concerning Zoroark's activities will be sent to pertinent trainer's Pokegear tonight. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    It is now Night 4 of the CCL: Expedition's journey! 

You have 48 hours to send in your Night Actions.

• Solrock, use Sunny Day!
    edited July 2016
    NIGHT ACTIONS NO LONGER COUNT. PLEASE RESPOND TO ANY MESSAGES YOU HAVE RECEIVED.

Solrock burns with a terrible light above the CCL: Expedition, and time seems to rush around you. 

As the Night passes more quickly than any of you can anticipate, you see that you have pulled into a bustling metropolis built on the savanna, the name 'Brousse City, Utopia Under the Sun' on a large sign that you slowly pass underneath as you enter the train station.

The Champion greets you as you all exit the train, and passes a card to each of you. "These are one-time use credit cards that go directly to my account. You can purchase any one item at the PokeShop here, so choose wisely." He smiles a bit too hard, and you are certain you see him glance at Thul as if seeking approval before turning away. 

"It should take us about [1 day] to reach the PokeShop, so take care of any little business you have before we get there!"

It is now Day 4 of the CCL: Expedition's journey! 

It will last approximately 7 days.

With 19 trainers alive, it's 10 to lynch!

Your Pokegear flashes a reminder that you will visit a PokeShop in 1 day!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    This game. :D
    Lmfao! Ssaliss you do too much.
    Daraius said:
  • Yay, I did things. Story badass.

Uh, @Ssaliss, what the hell.
  • Well, odds are I wouldn't be able to pull it off again (I fully expect my poor Solrock to die next night), and at this point we have several suspects lined up already, so I didn't want to sit around with it too long.

That said, I'll just go ahead and Vote: Lehki again. I simply cannot believe that she's lynch-proof if she's scum; it'd mean they'd win by default if they were to kill our vigilante(s?).
  • Omg.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I mean, yeah. Unless people start dropping day powers, we're not going to have any new info at all today to lynch someone on. So I suppose that's a reasonable way to force a lynch on Lehki?

I'm annoyed at the method, but eh. Will wait to hear from other people before hopping on the lynch train.
  • Okay, so, is Ssaliss in cahoots with Lehki for the day stuff? I know pokemon are not indicitive of the group/role, but gdi we're never going to get rid of Lehki unless we test the day-kill immunity or get exceedingly lucky. Not having a night means we can't even attempt to off him during that period. What's with all the defence of Lehki. >:(

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• It's a reasonable move. We have a known mafia member with a dangerous Pokemon... Why give him potentially two more phases to deal damage
  • Look at it this way: We simply got two lynches during last day instead of just one. Plus, we got one step closer to the Pokeshop, but that was a somewhat unintended positive side-effect.

Also, if you want to argue lynching someone else, go right ahead. I've seen other people being suspected, so if you feel one of those would be a better choice, then go for that.
  • I'm going to Vote: Lehki.

But god damn it I have my eye on you Ssaliss. 

• 1) I'm not part of the Sun cult. I'm assuming they act during the night like all other scum do, and I just denied them that opportunity.

2) I'm definitely not defending Lehki. I'm proposing we kill him. There were no attempts to kill him during the night before (or at least none successful), so this seemed a good way to do that. If it turns out that Lehki actually is immune to lynches and that whoever our vigilante is still think that he's scum, then heck, I won't try to dissuade him from killing.

3) It could be that he's got limited protection against lynches; one lynch fails, the next succeeds. In that case, we kinda need to lynch him the first time to kill him on the second try.
  • Ssaliss said:
    1) I'm not part of the Sun cult. I'm assuming they act during the night like all other scum do, and I just denied them that opportunity.

2) I'm definitely not defending Lehki. I'm proposing we kill him. There were no attempts to kill him during the night before (or at least none successful), so this seemed a good way to do that. If it turns out that Lehki actually is immune to lynches and that whoever our vigilante is still think that he's scum, then heck, I won't try to dissuade him from killing.

3) It could be that he's got limited protection against lynches; one lynch fails, the next succeeds. In that case, we kinda need to lynch him the first time to kill him on the second try.
    I had unfortunately gone into post mode before seeing your explanation post. 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Some of us need night phases to win, you know...
  • Okay sure. Let's do this again though.

Egbert, use Metronome!
  • I am seriously eyeing  the heck out of Ssaliss.

We know who our vigilante is. We know they attempted to off Lehki last night, and the only reason they failed is because Krackenor blocked them. (I mean, I guess it's vaguely possible that everyone involved in that was lying, but under the circumstances...)

We know that Vivet, implied leader of the Moon cult thing, had some sort of night immunity. (Given her lack of dying despite being attacked successfully) We know she appeared to believe strongly that Lehki had some form of (possibly limited) day immunity (she could have just... attempted to continue that lynch instead of dramatically making herself a target)

I may vote for Lehki, but personally feel like we'd be better off lynching Salome. Or maybe even Ssaliss.
  • Lick... uh. >_> Crap, can Mawile go again?
  • Also, as Lehki has so helpfully reminded us, there's that. Someone else is going to have to stop it this time, since I can't.
  • Since Lehki didn't bold it it doesn't count...Pikachu! Use thunderbolt on Togepi!
  • Could always have Deino use Intimidate. :D
    You have until 23.00 EST (11.35 hours) to act before Egbert's Metronome goes through.

• @Tremula : So... We don't need to bold commands?
  • Krackenor said:
    @Tremula : So... We don't need to bold commands?
    Q: How do I use a Pokemon Power during the day? Do I have to post my Trainer Card here?
    A: NOOOOOOOoo you do not! Once more, that would be a Very Bad Idea (tm). To use a Pokemon's Power, simply say "[Pokemon], go!" if it is an ABILITY you wish to use, or "[Pokemon], use [move {on (Target)}]!", just as you would for any other day activated power. Please do not bold for emphasis for this reason.